I am not playing any poker tomorrow and am too excited to delay posting.

I'm stealing parts of this plan because they're so good.I won't make anywhere near 20k hands (I am going to be away for most of the month), but my goal will be to play for good stats on PLO and NLHE:NLHE: Target 19/17/2PLO: Target 23/15/3
I didn't set any monetary goals. Perhaps I should never set monetary goals again. July is *by far* my best month ever. IAs expected, I actually didn't get a lot of volume in this month. I didn't meet my hands goals (I only played around 5,000 hands of online cash games, split between NLHE and PLO), and only played one live session.Summary of results:Online Cash:-NLHE: .................................. +$937-PLO: .................................... -$3Online Tournaments: .......... +$17,869Live Cash: ........................... +$414 (only one session)Total: ................................... +$19,217If it weren't for my last session of NLHE online, I would be up about $1,700 instead of $900. But then again, if it weren't for my last session of online PLO, I would be down $1,000, so I suppose that balances it out.I had a *sick* run of tournaments this month (OPR Stats).Graphs:Graph-PLOJuly2008.jpgGraph-NLHEJuly2008.jpgNeither of these graphs have sufficient volume to make any strong conclusions, but I have definitely been donking money off at PLO and am only even due to positive variance. My NLHE graph looks much better -- but could still be a lot more consistent.Stats:I will post my stats as soon as I upload them...Goals for August:Volume:1) *SERIOUSLY* re-evaluate my PLO game (it needs an overhaul)2) Put in at least 10k hands at 2/4 NLHE3) Play some regular tourneysStats:1) NLHE: Aim for 18/16 and cut out the obvious flaws in my game2) PLO: Totally revamp my post-flop game. Preflop stats around 29/17 should suffice.3) Try to maintain a good finish-rate and ITM% in tournaments. Improve the MTT Avg. finish % to a lot more late finishes.Money:1) Honestly, I would be happy with a +$2k month; I don't want to encounter any (self-induced) backwards slide after this great month.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July Goals:20k - 25k hands online$12,000-$18,000 profitClose on a mother****in' house ONE TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Played about 18k handsMade about 10k dollarsI CLOSE ON MY HOUSE IN 8 FREAKIN DAYS!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I ran kind of bad (-$3k over the last 4k hands) but I am still happy with how the month went overall. Given how badly Mark and Cwik and some people ran, I can deal with only -$3k considering I still had a solid winning month.julystatsvh2.jpgjulyui3.jpgjulyevnr0.jpgAugust Goals:15k hands$10k profitGet house all set up and move in

Jesus christ Merby that tournament run awesome, that 200 R/A field looks ridiculously tough to get 6th at, well done!!!

Month finished, but should play tomorrow morning in order to make Platinum star. But won't because I'm tired now and will be busy tomorrow working out stuff for my new motorbike I bought today.Results:No tracker so no accurate results. Finished down about 1k and 1 laptop. Goals:None for now, may change this later.

Deposited $240 on PS yesterday had $35 so BR online at start of yesterday was $275 cashed for $60 in the 30K and won 24BB at $1 LHE. so i am around $350 going into Aug.Goals: 1. Play 8-10K hands for the month at $1 LHE 2. play 30-50 MTTs anywhere from $15-micro limits. 3. build BR to $500 4. Look in to investing in PT3 and a Laptop or a better 2nd monitor for desktop.

July goals:1) Play 150-250 sngs and move up to $11 sngsLooks like I played about 12 more $5.50's and then got in 100 $11'sITM - 47 per centROI - 29 per centProfit - $3222) Play as much cash as possible, two tabling if games are good enoughI played some cash, jumping around between $20nl, $50nl and $100 nl. I'm up maybe $100-$150. Had a bad session of $50 nl that cost me close to two buyins. Meh.3) Play 10-15 rebuy tournaments ($1-$5) and take one down finally.Came sooo close. Finished fourth in the $3 rebuy for something like $500 profit. Entered the final table as huge chip leader. Can't say I played perfect. Cant say I made any major mistakes. I am sure given any luck at all (lost all five flips after it got four-handed save me with KK and villain with JJ) I would have made at least second). Other than that, played the rest of my rebuys like an idiot. Will be concentrating on sngs/cash for the next few weeks.4) Finish math section of PokerVTFail. I'm about half way through.5) Profit - $600Profit - $9306) Take a couple shots at satelliting into the $150K tournement on AP. The satellites appear VERY soft.Fail - If I'm not committed to giving this my best, I'm not going to bother. Was too busy in July to spend half a day on this.August goals1) Make a profit playing 200-300 $22 sngs. ROI of 18-20 would be great. So far down 4.5 buyins after 30. For sure getting the worst of it, so I should still be profitable at that level.2) Take a shot in the $75K tourney on AP. 3) Concentrate in playing $50 nl cash.4) play 5-10 $3 rebuy tournaments Final table at least 1.5) Total profit - $1,000

This month is going to be a set up for grinding.Goals:Start working full time and think about getting a 2nd part time job.Buy PT3/HUDGet a subscription to either Card Runners or Deuces CrackedPay off 500 in debtPlay any hands at all in anythinggg.Any profit I'll be happy with this month.

or a better 2nd monitor for desktop.
Really? Why don't you learn to play on one monitor like the rest of us???
I have dreams of playing more then 2 games at 1 time in my perants basement.LOL <3
I have dreams of playing more then 2 games at 1 time in my perants basement.LOL <3
At least I can spell parents.<3
At least I can spell parents.<3
I before E except after C
Rest of us? Pretty sure it's just you, everyone has dual monitors!!! Including me, and I only 4 table.Goals:- 20K hands- Move up to $25NL after winning 10 buy-ins at $10NL- Move up to .5/1 SHLHE after winning 100BBs at .25/.50- Watch some relevant CR videos and actually try to learn something- Keep perspective Gl all

My goal is to get internet setup at my house and start playing online a couple hours a night after work and on the weekends. I plan on grinding it out on the lower stakes and practicing proper bankroll management which is almost impossible to do with the live games I have around here. Hopefully will be able to do this with my paycheck I get mid August after I get back from my mini vacation with my sister and her family.

despite having my single worst day ever (-$1200 failed shot at higher limit) july was my best month ever. $1100 + $577 in rakeback. for august im not going to take a shot at higher limits and put in the same volume. im thinking i might hit $2500 on win alone. i also need to start learning new games. im going to concentrate on 2-7 triple draw and 6max lhe first.

Merby what are your regular cash game stakes? I would re-evaluate your decision to jump into 2/4 unless you've been crushing 1/2. 2/4 is a big jump up and is definitely a difficult game. And tourney donks usually spew off money in cash games! Don't be one of em!

Dear July,One of us is going to get pwned this month, either you or I. Only time will tell which one.Sincerely,King1305.Goals:35K-40K handsShow a moderate cash profit and look to move up ASAPContinue to watch vids/sweat sessions/discuss hands/learn from those much better then I amOperation Be-like-Bull is now in effect! (Minus the being old part)Do well in both summer classes I'm taking, tie up some loose ends with other things regarding school, and springboard into August and the Fall Semester feeling good.
Wow. A lot happened in July, I ended up on a staking deal starting at 25NL which really helped me play more relaxed etc.July, hmmm....It started off with me absolutely crushing it and then it crushing me. Took a week off at the end and played a small session last night and booked a 3+BI win.july1025ft3.jpgThe first 2,441 hands are 10NL and the rest are 25NL.1. hand goal: check, would have gotten in prob 55K or so hands if I hadn't hit awesome downswing.2. decent profit, I guess. Just not as much as I had.3. def did this a lot and it helped a bunch4. working on it.5. Check.I also made Gold Iron status on FTP and qualified for the 1-A-Day freeroll as well.August Goals:25k-30k hands, I don't really know how August is gonna go with internship and move in + working freshman orientation.No profit goal, just hope to build on this month.Hopefully retain Gold status.

Started playing on more of a regular basis this month. Been really caught up with work and just life in general to actually put in time, but started playing 50 NL regularly in an attempt to get back some sort of cash game rhythm before moving up, and just playing more.JULY RESULTS----------------Cash +400 Playing NL 50, 8k HandsTourney/SNGs ~+250 12 tabling 6.50 /9s for the first few days of the monthWCOOP Steps: Turned 7$ into a Step 4 ticket, plan to enter the $215 6 maxStarting to get back into a rhythm playing the cash games. Wasn't really playing great poker til maybe about 2 weeks ago, did some reading to get back to the basics and everything came together from there. Hopefully can put in more than the 5 hours a week I put in right now in August.AUGUST GOALS------------------1) Play 2k more hands at NL 50 to fix a couple of leaks in my CO and UTG+1 ranges.2) 15k hands at NL100 at 5 ptbb/100 (+1500)3) Attempt to start regularly playing Razz at $1/$2 and possibly move up if I can remember how not to be a complete donk at the game

So I am finally dedicating myself to playing NLH cash games full time and will be posting in these goals threads from now on. I withdrew majority of my roll few months ago to buy stuff and have money for college. I started grinding and 6-tabling $25NL 6max on July 10th. Pretty happy put in over 20k hands of cash games in a 20 day span while working 40hrs a week and finishing summer school up. So far I am pretty satisfied with my results and will enjoy to see steady profit while playing NLH cash as well as the motivation and determination to play as much as I can due to having rakeback now and wanting my BR to hit 5 figures within the next year.Here is July 10th-July 31st for $25NL 6maxjuly200825nl6m.jpgAnd this is the month of July with all hands ($25 6max, $50 HU, $50 6max)july2008total.jpgJuly:

• 20.4k hands
  • +515 total Cash Game profit
  • +260 bonus
  • +155 rakeback

Qualified for Ironman Silver status.August Goals:With school starting back up in a few weeks, that means I will be drinking nonstop for the first few weeks and be taking advantage of freshman girls but aslong as I put in a few hours a day of 6-tabling, I see these goals very attainable.

• 45k hands
  • $1000 total Cash Game profit while playing $25NL 6max and $50NL 6max (and maybe throw in some HU)
  • Qualify for Ironman Gold status
  • Be comfortably rolled for $100NL 6max

So the idea is we're supposed to post our final July graphs in the August thread right? I remember fighting it initially, but I think it's gotten too widely accepted for me to be able to turn the tide now. OK, here's all of July.julyfinal.jpgIt's pretty borderline on whether it's my best month ever considering I only get half, but I'm pretty sure the FPPs I earned and the $1500 or so in rakeback I'm due from FT are enough to swing it past the 40K I earned in January '07.On to August, here are my goals:1) Play 30K hands: I want to make sure I actually do this this time. I've been consistently missing my hand goals lately, but since I'm taking no trips this month, and should have a new setup soon, I'll have no excuses this time around. Well, actually the fact that I'm moving (just across town) in a couple weeks is a pretty decent excuse and should eat up some time, but I'm still shooting for 30K and I think I can do it.2) Gross $40,000: Obviously, I did a lot better than that this month, but I was running well, and I don't really think grossing 80K/month is sustainable for the games I'm playing. However, if I play a 40/40/20 split of 10/20, 5/10, and 3/6 and put in 30K hands, I would only have to run at 5 PTBB/100 to gross 40K. Of course, now that I stated a monetary goal again, I'll probably crash and burn and have a losing month.3) Make sure my student has a winning month: The player I took on as a student has been losing through most of the year, but he has a solid foundation, and I think if he stays in close contact with me and does more sessions, he should definitely have everything he needs to be a winning player. Considering that I'm just getting back into coaching, it's really important to me that he takes something significant from my coaching and does well.4) Finish Top 50 in the Rakebreak rake race on Full Tilt: This one's really stupid, but it really amuses me to watch the little standings and see my name go up and down. Considering that I've started checking it every time I put in a long session, I'd kinda like to at least get $100 out of the contest.

I have been goofing around a lot lately, which has been fun, but not very good for my bankroll. So, it's time to start setting some more serious goals again. Currently my on-line roll is $488.80; first goal (perhaps not just for August, since I will be traveling for the last two weeks of the month) will be to get it back up to $1000.August goals:1) Play 250 SNGs, either $6.50 turbos on Stars or $11 ones on Tilt.2) For diversion, play a few razz tournaments, make at least two final tables and have a +EV.3) Start with PokerVTSince this weekend is Sit & Go Madness on Full Tilt and I have some free time, I think I'll set up a little challenge for myself and try to play 100 SNGs over the weekend.

July:july.jpg~$200 in bonuses~$450 in rakeback----------------------Total profit: ~$1500Didn't play the first 2 weeks of the month as I was busy with life and recovering from a craptastic June. Thus I didn't really have too many goals other than profit.So here are some poker related goals for August:- 35k+ hands at 50NL, 100NL, and possibly very selective 200NL games at the end of the month- focus on making high quality decisions on every street of every hand- stop being a POW- stop spewing $$ in non SD situations with bad bluffs or silly calls with no intent of making it to showdown- re-read HOC 1&2No monetary goals, just play good poker.

June:June2008-1.pngJuly1) 20,000 hands.2) Be patient in building a roll, stopping the continuous swings.3) Focus on decisions at 2/3 tables, not stats. at 6.4) Take a shot at $25, cautiously5) End month rolled for $25, but appreciate effort needed and necessity to slow down.6) Lose a lot less in pots without showdown.7) Play timed sessions, with designated breaks8) Use AOL/ Skype, etc. more for sweating/ discussions9) Watch more videos and read more, implementing what I learn10) Embrace summer.
JulyJuly2008.pngResults1) Success2) See graph3) Success4) Done, but didn't go according to plan5) Fail. I'm not looking at my BR lately, but I know it's a fail.6) Extra fail.7) Success8) Moderate success, but on the increase, too9) Success. Had CR yesterday, and do want to do it again along with DC and other $10NLs who post here10) Success.August Goals1) Lose less in non-showdown pots2) Lose a lot less in non-showdown pots3) $200 profit, without rakeback4) 10,000 hands5) Continue discussing hands on AIM/ MSN/ Skype & Mikogo, but do so for more spots and in more detail.6) Purchase another CardRunners day pass without sleeping for half of it, and try and get a DeucesCracked week pass7) Seriously consider a subscription to CardRunners or DeucesCracked8) Continue implementing learnings into play, and ensuring they stay there9) Don't get fancy in plays and remember the need to keep it basic.10) Go nuts at Leeds Festival and Amsterdam

We didn't set any goals in July, but we are definitely gonna change that this time around.July was crappy all around (poker that is, life's good). I went on a SICK -EV run, but even after that I still continued a pretty long break even stretch. But I did get an ok volume for being outta town for about 10 days.After Rakeback, my 2 hands of a Sunday million, and a quick PLO session (thanks Andy!), I finished down -$2,428.97 total for the month. To be honest, I am kinda surprised it happened. I think I have a pretty good idea of varience in poker and had you asked me at the begining of the month, with my play and game selection at HU, I really wouldn't have thought a loseing month was possible.julyEV-5.jpgAugust Goals:-30k hands. -10ptbb/100-7.5k profit-Get hitchedI was mixing in 1/2 and 2/4 HU NLHE, but think I am gonna focus on 1/2 for a bit. Actually winning at 2/4 at a better rate then 1/2, but since my roll took a bit of a dip this month after cashing out $10k for the wedding and then never winning again, I think some bankroll management might be a good idea.gl to meeeeeeeeeee.

Merby what are your regular cash game stakes? I would re-evaluate your decision to jump into 2/4 unless you've been crushing 1/2. 2/4 is a big jump up and is definitely a difficult game. And tourney donks usually spew off money in cash games! Don't be one of em!
same thing popped into my head when I read this too.