Daniel - if you have a second can you give us your thoughts

on slowplaying.There have been many posts on whether checkraising is a good idea or not. I think some people say it's a bad overall stratgey (per Supersystem), while others want to do it every hand.I vote for playing fast, aggressive and trying to accumulate chips. Getting rid of the checkraise (except for rare occasions) helped my game a ton.Any thoughts?

Well you know I agree with you KK. I'm not a fan pf checkraising, and I rarely ever do it. Playing hard and fast *MOST* of the time is the way to go. Sometimes slowing down (and throwing the odd checkraise) can throw off your good opponenets and show them that you are capabale of anything. Poker is all about deception.Have you guys seen the $1000 NLH event at the WSOP where Gavin Griffin won? He's that 22 year old kid. I think he played AMAZINGLY well, showing that he was capable of making any play with any cards at any time. I can remember one hand where he was in with that British guy (final 3) and he was in the small blind and just called with 97o. I believe the flop had an A, and it checked around. The British guy commented on how he's "never seen Gavin limp from the SB...I have NO IDEA what you have, kid!" Then the turn came a J, pairing the British guy's J, and Gavin lead out for a bet, and took down the pot with the wordt hand simply because the British guy had no clue what Gavin had. If Gavin had played this hand faster he might not have taken the pot down, because normally he plays so aggressivley, but slowing down for this one hand netted him a bunch of chips late in a BIG tournament. He totally threw off his opponents by playing that one hand slow.

I actually battled it out with Gavin on Pokerstars the other day. His screen name is WSOP2005.He was very aggressive. I had about double his chips so he had to be a little careful. I picked up AK and he did his usual raise. I had came over the top of him a few times and I think it started to piss him off. I came over him all-in.He called with 99 and I missed. I still had plenty of chips, but it would have been cool to bust a braclet winner.