Bullying with a big stack

Just thought I would get some opinions on the style of play I used late in this tournament the other night. With 4 people left I had 800k in chips, 2nd 40k, 3rd 35k, 4th 35k. Blinds 4k,8k. Payouts are like this, 1st 1850, 2nd 1150, 3rd 750, 4th 400. I think this is signficant because of the $750 in payout differrence between 4th and 2nd. What I was basically doing was this, anytime I was on the button or small blind I moved all in. Anytime I had any suited connector, 2 high cards, a high or k high I moved all in. My thought was this, everyone was playing scared hoping to limp to 2nd place and not bust 4th. Just want to get everyones opinions on this strategy as to whether I should have been moving in on every hand regardless? Also, anyone who has used this strategy did you bully this much also? As for how the tourny ended up by the time we got heads up 2nd only had 70k and was shortly eliminated after that.

Obviously everyone has a strategy for these situations. I generally don't pin it down to a list of hands or positions because that becomes too predictable. If there is a short stack to my left I will push them moreso than normal, but I don't recommended making your whole stack vulnerable by moving all-in.That works to a certain extent if you just want to make it to 3rd or 4th etc, but if you want to win the tournament you need to establish that you are a force to be reconed with.What I mean is the all-in defense will only work for so long, but if you raise pots up and potentially get a caller or two and then push them around and make them be weary, now you've swung the momentum in your favor which is far more valuable in the long run than just picking up the blinds and antes.

Hey, it got you there...but it's not what I would have done. I would have been aggressive, like you said, but if you move all in and someone wakes up with a monster...you doubled'em up, man. I realize that you want to knock someone out, but they are only going to call you if they are ahead. I would have played semi-loose/aggressive...and took a few more risks to knock out tough opponents. Everyones different, though. Congrats on first.

With the blinds at that size, everyone but you is short stacked. Any time you enter a pot, you are basically pot committed since nobody has enough money to move you off of a hand since there is $12,000 in the pot before you enter and $20k if you decide to limp in making it correct to call a raise with any two cards even if it is made by the 40k stack. Moving them all in (not the same as moving yourself all in, since obviously you are only risking the size of their stacks) is definitely a good strategy in this spot, since you are only risking 5% of your chips at the most. If one of them gets lucky enough to double through you, obviously the strategy will change a little. However, you are forcing them to wait for a hand to take a stand with, and in the meantime you are picking up the blinds.

While I could thnk of many worsr styles in this posistion. Seems a little risky, I usually am trying to think what is the least amount i can put into the pot and achieve my objective. I don't like thinking it's my responsiblity to bust all the small stacks because I have the big stack, let em bust themselves out then when you got a 7-1 chip lead heads up you can go wacky.