Nhl Realignment..new Divisions

Now thats its official, I like to see what people think..At first I didnt like it..But I think its growing on me..

As it currently stands in the East(lot of teams are tied or close but)

Division C

Montreal

Boston

Ottawa

Division D

Pittsburgh

New Jersey

Carolina

And Toronto and Winnipeg are the Wild card teams.

It will be fun to have Detroit in the same division again, even though Columbus would of been easier as it currently stands IMO.

I only did the East..Who cares about the West

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-realignment-now-official-wild-card-playoffs-four-162852277--nhl.html

I honestly think its a little crazy to take the Floridas off Carolina's schedule, but it seems to make sense for many other teams. I really think Carolina drew the short straw on this one, not only in terms of geography/travel, but also in terms of quality of competition.

Its becoming a little Mickey Mouse-ish, constantly changing the conferences/divisions/ties/shootouts.

I honestly think its a little crazy to take the Floridas off Carolina's schedule, but it seems to make sense for many other teams. I really think Carolina drew the short straw on this one, not only in terms of geography/travel, but also in terms of quality of competition.

Its becoming a little Mickey Mouse-ish, constantly changing the conferences/divisions/ties/shootouts.

Yes..True..But Detroit was really getting screwed for many years...Columbus too..

Can somebody explain to me why Detroit was getting screwed? I'm sick of hearing about them whining about not being in the East.

If you want to be in the East, be one of the 15 most Eastern teams in the NHL. Move your city TO THE EAST.

Can somebody explain to me why Detroit was getting screwed? I'm sick of hearing about them whining about not being in the East.

If you want to be in the East, be one of the 15 most Eastern teams in the NHL. Move your city TO THE EAST.

I dont think you understand the problem

I understand the problem, but WHY does Detroit get to whine about where they decided to locate their city geographically?

Lol they didnt decide anythings..Its not a matter of who is the farthest West....If you live in Detroit, would you rather go to Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa....OR LA, Anaheim, Phoenix, Vancouver..

Its not even close the amount of miles they have to travel.

I understand that, but you need to draw the line somewhere.

If we're going with uneven conferences, whatever. Detroit gets in.

What happens when we add Quebec, Markham?

I was wrong about Detroit being #17, btw, I was using Winnipeg in the East by mistake, so Detroit is #16. All of a sudden, add Markham and Quebec and Detroit is 18th.

I actually think having the Markham team in the Western Conference would be a good idea, but you're still left with too many Eastern based teams, with Detroit being the most logical one to move West, simply because they're the furthest team to the West.

I think it's basically assumed that Phoenix ends up moving, and they expand to 32 teams to balance out the conferences, divisions, etc. You'll end up with Seattle, Toronto 2, and Quebec city. Then how do you split them up?

I think the bigger deal for them is how many of their games are starting later in the day since only Columbus was in the Eastern Time Zone. Not 100% on that. Dallas had it worse though because they were in the Pacific. That was a major gripe for them.

I'm not the opposite of serge but here's the West standings. Also Serge you didn't move the teams over to their new conferences.

Gretzky Division

Anaheim

Vancouver

LA

Not sure what this division will be called

Chicago

St. Louis

Minnesota

Wilds = San Jose and Winnipeg

I think we're all assuming Phoenix = Seattle. I'll go with Kansas City as team 31. Team 32...Maybe Vegas. Maybe Portland. SLC? I just don't see how they expand teams into the East without moving some teams back to the West which would be retarded.

Overall I'm OK with the divisions but I think the playoff system is dumb.

Well yeah, the time zone thing was the biggest issue. Heard today that Dallas Stars TV ratings went down by 65% when they played in the pacific time zone. I imagine it's the same or worse in Detroit, given it's an additional time zone away. Columbus would be the same.

I get that, for both teams, but only way to do it so everyone in the same division is in the same time zone is to have unbalanced divisions. No other way. That's just the reality of the geography.

I wonder what Detroit will find to whine about now that they got this one. I'm sure they'll find something.

Screw whiny Detroit, the east can have them. Every team team can complain about unbalanced travel compared to the east. A 4 game road trip for the Leafs could be what, rangers, islanders, devils and capitals? Compared to the blues which at best is Nashville, Chicago , Minny and Winnipeg? Get real.

Lol. Haters gonna hate.

Weird how a team in the eastern time zone wants to be in the east. What a bunch of bitches.

Sounds to me some Esstern conference fans are just mad at one of the greats coming to play. Get over it.

And where does this whiny thing come from. Lived in Detroit for 35 yrs and never heard a Detroiter whine about being in the West all these years. Quit making up stories to cover your jealousy. I see some whining in here but not from Detroit.

Waaaaaa! Waaaaa! Pathetic.

/Arp

• Like 1

I miss the biatch posts. Post more

That makes one of us.

Would like to see more Toronto/Winnipeg games after last night. They really seem like a team I could hate on a level with Montreal and Ottawa.

• Like 1