Letting Gay Couples Adopt

Today at work me and this guy I work with were having a discussion on letting gay couples adopt. He's against it because he believes it will hurt the childs development. I'm for it because as long as the couple loves the child and treats it well it doesn't matter if they like to have butt sex.Whats your thoughts on the subject?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at work me and this guy I work with were having a discussion on letting gay couples adopt. He's against it because he believes it will hurt the childs development. I'm for it because as long as the couple loves the child and treats it well it doesn't matter if they like to have butt sex.Whats your thoughts on the subject?
How does your significant other feel about it?
If butt sex is the only argument, then straight couples have butt sex too. Therefore, gay couples can adopt./argument

The kid won't know that having two dads isn't normal,Until he goes to school and gets made fun of unmercifully for 12 years.Yea, but thats a fair exchange for 2 gay guys to pretend they are just like everyone else. Why can't they pretend they are into women long enough to have kids, and then visit them every other month like straight guys?

If you don't believe gay couples should adopt, you are ignorant and intolerant.
<--ignorant and intolerant...maybe a tad homophobic as well.
The kid won't know that having two dads isn't normal,Until he goes to school and gets made fun of unmercifully for 12 years.
But if the kid has 2 moms, he'll be the most popular kid in school.

Hmmm......gay couples should be allowed to adopt (female babies).. I dunno... Im not saying they shouldnt be allowed to adopt, but If two dudes adopt a boy kid, and the kid grows up in pink and rainbows and lisps and techno music..well chances are he;s going to be sexing some butt too. and not that there is anyting wrong with that..

Hmmm......gay couples should be allowed to adopt (female babies).. I dunno... Im not saying they shouldnt be allowed to adopt, but If two dudes adopt a boy kid, and the kid grows up in pink and rainbows and lisps and techno music..well chances are he;s going to be sexing some butt too. and not that there is anyting wrong with that..
I would think, considering your past relationship with Ron Mexico, you'd be less ignorant...?
<--ignorant and intolerant...maybe a tad homophobic as well.
Yeah, I just threw that out there to get the discussion going. Although I do believe that its intolerant.A whole group of people who are otherwise normal except for their sexual preference want to have a family and you would deny them of that because they kid might get made fun of? What if my mom is fat? Is she not able to have a family because kids at school might pick on me for that too?
The kid won't know that having two dads isn't normal,Until he goes to school and gets made fun of unmercifully for 12 years.Yea, but thats a fair exchange for 2 gay guys to pretend they are just like everyone else.
1. Going back in history you can replace "two dads" with a number of different things...and in each instance society just needed time to get used to it before it was eventually accepted. 2. I think you'd have to talk to some children of gay parents about their experiences before making assumptions about how awful their lives must have been. Of course they were made fun of sometimes, but who knows what they'd say.
Why can't they pretend they are into women long enough to have kids, and then visit them every other month like straight guys?
It's a reasonable point.One issue is that there are way more kids out there that need parents than there are people looking to adopt. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many (non fundamentalist christian) experts who say that a child is better off in an orphanage or passed between foster parents than with a loving gay couple for their whole lives.
Yeah, I just threw that out there to get the discussion going. Although I do believe that its intolerant.A whole group of people who are otherwise normal except for their sexual preference want to have a family and you would deny them of that because they kid might get made fun of? What if my mom is fat? Is she not able to have a family because kids at school might pick on me for that too?
All studies show that the ideal family is a mom and a dad. Why allow anything but the best for our kids? They are our future
I would think, considering your past relationship with Ron Mexico, you'd be less ignorant...?
Ya, I'd be cool with voting yes on something like this, to allow gay couples to adopt, but i'd still wonder what the rainbows and techno can do to a human mind after years.
1. Going back in history you can replace "two dads" with a number of different things...and in each instance society just needed time to get used to it before it was eventually accepted. 2. I think you'd have to talk to some children of gay parents about their experiences before making assumptions about how awful their lives must have been. Of course they were made fun of sometimes, but who knows what they'd say.It's a reasonable point.One issue is that there are way more kids out there that need parents than there are people looking to adopt. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many (non fundamentalist christian) experts who say that a child is better off in an orphanage or passed between foster parents than with a loving gay couple for their whole lives.
QFTI love speedz in a HUgely Gay adopting parents way! and that last part is spot on IMO
All studies show that the ideal family is a mom and a dad. Why allow anything but the best for our kids? They are our future
Obviously that's better than a single parent or no parents, but I've never seen a mom+dad vs mom+mom vs dad+dad study.
Obviously that's better than a single parent or no parents, but I've never seen a mom+dad vs mom+mom vs dad+dad study.
What if its a she male and a hermaphordite? How would that skew the numbers?
Got webcam?
I wish. If I did I'd have an account at Justin.tv by now.Gay parents > no parents AINECI think gays are the most discriminated group in America today. Did you know that you can get fired for being gay and thats legal?
It's a reasonable point.One issue is that there are way more kids out there that need parents than there are people looking to adopt. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many (non fundamentalist christian) experts who say that a child is better off in an orphanage or passed between foster parents than with a loving gay couple for their whole lives.
I'd be very hard pressed because I never read anything written by anyone but people that agree with me. It's done wonders for my self-esteem. And let's face it, self esteem is the single most important gift we can give ourselves.And the wait time for adoption sometimes approaches 12 months, so I don't know if you can really say there are more kids then people that want them.
And the wait time for adoption sometimes approaches 12 months, so I don't know if you can really say there are more kids then people that want them.
That's because there is a screening process, fees to pay and so forth, not because there aren't enough kids available.