Facing Cold Caller In Bb, Multiway Pot

very early, no reads---Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 834217The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP2: t1460 M = 48.67CO: t1560 M = 52BTN: t1470 M = 49SB: t1590 M = 53BB: t1480 M = 49.33UTG: t1480 M = 49.33UTG+1: t1460 M = 48.67UTG+2: t1500 M = 50Hero (MP1): t1500 M = 50Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is MP1 with T :5c Q :3h1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t40, 1 fold, Hero raises to t99, 4 folds, BB calls t79, UTG+1 calls t59Flop: (t307) J :club: K :ts 2 :qh(3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t222, BB calls t222, UTG+1 foldsTurn: (t751) 8 :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets t345, BB calls t345River: (t1441) 5 :jh(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksstandard? or did i risk way too many chips early? should i have jammed river given how much my stack is in there? just sucked to have to check river knowing im losing every time to most likely a retarded station.

1.) Why are you 3betting an UTG+1 raiser with Q10cc and no reads?2.) Why are you 3betting so small?
because i figure the average villain at this level could minraise a ton of junk. the sizing was small i realize, was trying to play position against him and wanted to minimize the amount of chips i had to risk to do that. i admit, too small. normally a fold to a standard raise. i figured given position and a weird play i could take this down on preflop or on the flop a ton. and im not folding pre this strong a hand. but i dont wanna have a clusterf*ck multiway with it. would prefer to try and be heads up.ill admit, i wish i just folded pre.
because i figure the average villain at this level could minraise a ton of junk. the sizing was small i realize, was trying to play position against him and wanted to minimize the amount of chips i had to risk to do that. i admit, too small. normally a fold to a standard raise. i figured given position and a weird play i could take this down on preflop or on the flop a ton. and im not folding pre this strong a hand. but i dont wanna have a clusterf*ck multiway with it. would prefer to try and be heads up.ill admit, i wish i just folded pre.
You're contradicting yourself here.Q10cc facing an UTG+1 raise is not a "strong hand". You also start out with 1500 chips in this tournament, which is even more reason to fold PF
You're contradicting yourself here.Q10cc facing an UTG+1 raise is not a "strong hand". You also start out with 1500 chips in this tournament, which is even more reason to fold PF
it should be a fold pre. i decided i could play position and i had a hand with some equity. make any sense? i just didnt wanna fold this hand IP against a min raise.

No reason to get super aggro and out of line so early in a tournament.......QT of clubs is the type of hand you'd overlimp with in a multiway pot early hoping to get flop a big hand, pretty standard fold pre otherwise

No reason to get super aggro and out of line so early in a tournament.......QT of clubs is the type of hand you'd overlimp with in a multiway pot early hoping to get flop a big hand, pretty standard fold pre otherwise
i just dont love cold calling pre in early position like ever thou, so i figured a 3 bet was the only way i win this hand if i miss. which happens a ton. otherwise im burning those BB's for eveytime i see 358 on the flop and fold.

Not every PF situation is raise, 3bet, or fold. There are plenty of situations where flatting with position is an acceptable play. This isn't one of them however, maybe if your starting stack was 3k it would be alright.

Not every PF situation is raise, 3bet, or fold. There are plenty of situations where flatting with position is an acceptable play. This isn't one of them however, maybe if your starting stack was 3k it would be alright.
ok thanks i am thankful for your input! should have done what i talked myself out of in the first place!
Agree 100%In the early stages, with 3000 or more starting stacks, I like to overlimp/flat these type of hands. I really can't find any reason to ever 3bet this hand without reads at the 10/20 level. Rumsey: As played, I prefer checking behind on the turn, and then bluffing the river if checked to. Personally, I think by betting the turn, you'll find that villain will fold sometimes. But when he doesn't, you just inflate the pot, and make it that much more difficult to bluff the river.
Agree 100%In the early stages, with 3000 or more starting stacks, I like to overlimp/flat these type of hands. I really can't find any reason to ever 3bet this hand without reads at the 10/20 level. Rumsey: As played, I prefer checking behind on the turn, and then bluffing the river if checked to. Personally, I think by betting the turn, you'll find that villain will fold sometimes. But when he doesn't, you just inflate the pot, and make it that much more difficult to bluff the river.
good point

Villain's C/C on the turn makes bluff shoving the river a decent play, methinks...rep the flush? Cause if Villain isn't C/Ring the turn, I highly doubt he has the flush himself

Villain's C/C on the turn makes bluff shoving the river a decent play, methinks...rep the flush? Cause if Villain isn't C/Ring the turn, I highly doubt he has the flush himself
thats a very good point, but in a $2 im wondering if we run into to many stations with there j4 off that will still call. its a very valid point. the problem is villains line does look pretty stationish
thats a very good point, but in a $2 im wondering if we run into to many stations with there j4 off that will still call. its a very valid point. the problem is villains line does look pretty stationish
In a SnG, there's really no reason to ever do this. Even if we end up just folding the river, we still have a large enough stack to shove later on when needed.