$1.40 9-man Ko Sng

These kind of spots always give me fits. Button is a moron who I think has played every hand and SB is very tight/passive. Thoughts on all streets, especially river.feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($1.00+$0.25) t25/t50 - 4 playersUTG: t4,170 (Hero)Button: t4,440 SB: t1,645 BB: t3,245 Preflop: (t75) Hero is UTG with Td.gifTh.gif (4 players)Hero raises to t150, Button calls t150, SB calls t125, BB foldsFlop: (t500) 3d.gif2d.gif6c.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t300, Button calls t300, SB foldsTurn: (t1,100) 9c.gif (2 players)Hero bets t700, Button calls t700River: (t2,500) 6d.gif (2 players)Hero ???

c/f river

Is button ever bluffing river if you bet?Would he pay off with a 2 or 3?If not a bluffer and he would often pay off anything I may just b/f a small amount to get value from 24 25 34 35 44 55 A2 A3 77 88.

Is button ever bluffing river if you bet?Would he pay off with a 2 or 3?If not a bluffer and he would often pay off anything I may just b/f a small amount to get value from 24 25 34 35 44 55 A2 A3 77 88.
I figured if I bet and he raised there was no way I could call, but checking would be just inviting a bluff but I still couldn't call. He was so loose/aggro prior to this, and then this time he just called me down the whole way. I do think he would pay off light but I'm fully expecting him to make a huge bet/raise on the river.What amount should I be bet/folding?
I figured if I bet and he raised there was no way I could call, but checking would be just inviting a bluff but I still couldn't call. He was so loose/aggro prior to this, and then this time he just called me down the whole way. I do think he would pay off light but I'm fully expecting him to make a huge bet/raise on the river.What amount should I be bet/folding?
If you check, what hand can he bet that's actually a bluff? Is he really calling you the whole way with AKo and then bluffing the river? I mean really? Even if he "just had a 6", he got there. And obviously diamonds got there. Straight was already there on the flop. Just c/f.

So, I was thinking about this hand again after seeing some replies and was wondering how checking the turn would be. If I check the turn and he leads for close to a pot-size bet I could shove on him or if he leads for a small min. bet that are common at this level I could flat and not have the pot so big on the river and make bet/folding or check/calling alot easier when the dreaded diamond hits. Thoughts?In reality I intended to check/fold the river unless villain threw out a min. bet I would call.

So, I was thinking about this hand again after seeing some replies and was wondering how checking the turn would be. If I check the turn and he leads for close to a pot-size bet I could shove on him or if he leads for a small min. bet that are common at this level I could flat and not have the pot so big on the river and make bet/folding or check/calling alot easier when the dreaded diamond hits. Thoughts?In reality I intended to check/fold the river unless villain threw out a min. bet I would call.
The problem with checking the turn is that you let him draw for free. This is losing value, because most of the time he's going to miss his draw. And therefore you want to extract value out of him here while you know you're ahead and he's going to call with the worst of it. Yes it leads to lousy situations on the river when he hits, but that's only 20% of the time give or take.