I Like Razz On Stars

how do you guys normally play a hand where you are probably slightly ahead but enough people are in the pot that you arent over 50% to win, I ended up winning a monster pot here but there are definitely other ways I could have played it. I could have popped it up again on 4th but I was sure that no one was folding.PokerStars Game #5966538948: Razz Limit ($3/$6) - 2006/08/18 - 19:59:17 (ET)Table 'Polyxo IV' 8-maxSeat 1: mmmDonuts ($119 in chips) Seat 2: $mokingGun ($84.25 in chips) Seat 3: Numen ($115 in chips) Seat 4: Dmendel ($76.25 in chips) Seat 5: kels2000 ($106.50 in chips) Seat 6: madyank ($145 in chips) Seat 7: scottyno ($66 in chips) Seat 8: Respect ($94.50 in chips) mmmDonuts: posts the ante $0.25$mokingGun: posts the ante $0.25Numen: posts the ante $0.25Dmendel: posts the ante $0.25kels2000: posts the ante $0.25madyank: posts the ante $0.25scottyno: posts the ante $0.25Respect: posts the ante $0.25*** 3rd STREET ***Dealt to mmmDonuts [8c]Dealt to $mokingGun [8d]Dealt to Numen [Ad]Dealt to Dmendel [Ah]Dealt to kels2000 [7s]Dealt to madyank [2s]Dealt to scottyno [2d 3s 6d]Dealt to Respect [6c]$mokingGun: brings-in low $1Numen: raises $2 to $3Dmendel: calls $3kels2000: folds madyank: folds scottyno: calls $3Respect: calls $3mmmDonuts: folds $mokingGun: folds *** 4th STREET ***Dealt to Numen [Ad] [7d]Dealt to Dmendel [Ah] [8s]Dealt to scottyno [2d 3s 6d] [Ac]Dealt to Respect [6c] [4c]scottyno: bets $3Respect: calls $3Numen: raises $3 to $6Dmendel: calls $6scottyno: calls $3Respect: calls $3*** 5th STREET ***Dealt to Numen [Ad 7d] [Jc]Dealt to Dmendel [Ah 8s] [Qh]Dealt to scottyno [2d 3s 6d Ac] [Ks]Dealt to Respect [6c 4c] [Jd]Respect: checks Numen: bets $6Dmendel: calls $6scottyno: calls $6Respect: raises $6 to $12Numen: raises $6 to $18Dmendel: calls $12scottyno: calls $12Respect: raises $6 to $24Betting is cappedNumen: calls $6Dmendel: calls $6scottyno: calls $6*** 6th STREET ***Dealt to Numen [Ad 7d Jc] [9c]Dealt to Dmendel [Ah 8s Qh] [9s]Dealt to scottyno [2d 3s 6d Ac Ks] [4d]Dealt to Respect [6c 4c Jd] [5h]Respect: checks Numen: checks Dmendel: checks scottyno: bets $6Respect: calls $6Numen: calls $6Dmendel: calls $6*** RIVER ***Dealt to scottyno [2d 3s 6d Ac Ks 4d] [Kh]Respect: checks Numen: checks Dmendel: checks scottyno: bets $6Respect: calls $6Numen: calls $6Dmendel: folds *** SHOW DOWN ***scottyno: shows [2d 3s 6d Ac Ks 4d Kh] (Lo: 6,4,3,2,A)Respect: mucks hand Numen: mucks hand scottyno collected $174 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $177 | Rake $3 Seat 1: mmmDonuts folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 2: $mokingGun folded on the 3rd StreetSeat 3: Numen mucked [6s 4s Ad 7d Jc 9c 9d]Seat 4: Dmendel folded on the RiverSeat 5: kels2000 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 6: madyank folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 7: scottyno showed [2d 3s 6d Ac Ks 4d Kh] and won ($174) with Lo: 6,4,3,2,ASeat 8: Respect mucked [3h 5c 6c 4c Jd 5h 7c]

I would repop it on both 3rd and 4th honestly. By not doing that on 3rd, you let it get four-handed easily.On 4th, I'm definitely repopping it. If the raiser is showing worse than me, and no one else in the hand is showing strength, I'll 3-bet that.By 5th, you're priced in, and unfortunately middled by a slew of idiots, so your calls are fine. I might have been raising with everyone showing paint at the time, but no one's going anywhere there either way. Both a call and a raise is fine IMHO.6th was perfect, and good bets down through there.

I think our styles are opposite, you like to put in every bet when you are slightly ahead of everyone else, while I like to sit back on the earlier streets until I actually make a 5 card hand if I know they arent going to fold, Im not sure which way is the correct one.

I think our styles are opposite, you like to put in every bet when you are slightly ahead of everyone else, while I like to sit back on the earlier streets until I actually make a 5 card hand if I know they arent going to fold, Im not sure which way is the correct one.
Both are winning styles. I like to push my edges a lot, and it pays off big. I also like mixing my play up a lot.But I know a lot of successful Stud players also play passive until they make their hands instead of pushing.I did a lot of free thinking on Razz before I really started playing seriously, and actually wrote an article on it. I wound up looking through Super/System and even Hellmuth's section on Razz, and see elements of both in what I wrote.You've definitely got a winning style, but it's definitely not the only one.
Both are winning styles. I like to push my edges a lot, and it pays off big. I also like mixing my play up a lot.But I know a lot of successful Stud players also play passive until they make their hands instead of pushing.I did a lot of free thinking on Razz before I really started playing seriously, and actually wrote an article on it. I wound up looking through Super/System and even Hellmuth's section on Razz, and see elements of both in what I wrote.You've definitely got a winning style, but it's definitely not the only one.
when I get a 5 card hand I usually like to push even though I know im only a slight favorite, but for whatever reason in the early stages I usually play more passive until I see which of us catches.
when I get a 5 card hand I usually like to push even though I know im only a slight favorite, but for whatever reason in the early stages I usually play more passive until I see which of us catches.
most of my pushes come on 5th street. although, if i'm hitting well on 4th, i like to push so that if i do catch good, they're priced in. if i miss, unless i can tell i'm board locked, i have the odds to see 6th.kinda makes for a few rough swings. but the times when it goes well makes up for the downswings.

For the most part I agree with Hanguk on this issue, it is best to push every edge in order to make the people with weaker hands play.In the given hand, though, your passive play payed off handsomely when your opponents capped the betting while you had the best hand.