Israel Attacks Aid Fleet

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it'd be a lot easier to have peace in Israel if people there weren't always killing each other. Just sayin'.

You know, it'd be a lot easier to have peace in Israel if people there weren't always killing each other. Just sayin'.
i think u know it goes a lot deeper than that.

Heres some of the protesters chanting intifada songs and praising martyrdom before taking off: Intifada Songs and Praise Martyrdom: http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/2489.htmhttp://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3896796,00.html The writer of that article was on board the 3rd Israeli military ship that they loaded up with journalists to take with them to intercept the flotilla. Hes famous for breaking the Sabra and Shatila massacre story.Heres an Israeli soldier being stabbed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buzOWKxN2coHeres an Israeli soldier being thrown 30 feet to a bottom deck, firebombs and all sorts of chaos:

Heres some of the protesters chanting intifada songs and praising martyrdom before taking off: Intifada Songs and Praise Martyrdom: http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/2489.htm
your point? 'Intifada' is support for the resistance to israeli occupation. try educating yourself on the words before u try to spin them.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3896796,00.html The writer of that article was on board the 3rd Israeli military ship that they loaded up with journalists to take with them to intercept the flotilla. Hes famous for breaking the Sabra and Shatila massacre story.Heres an Israeli soldier being stabbed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buzOWKxN2coHeres an Israeli soldier being thrown 30 feet to a bottom deck, firebombs and all sorts of chaos:
the video is inconclusive, u cannot tell clearly what's going on.israel ATTACKED the aid ship, don't u get it? It was attacked in INTERNATIONAL waters. resistance to such an attack is justified by law (self defense).Piracy is still piracy, even if it's carried out by a state:http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/201...rried-out-state

All In, what is your ethnic background, please?And why were the humanitarians on board armed, albeit with small arms, knives and such?Note: I am not excusing any wrongdoing by Israel, as I don't condone a "we have the right to defend ourselves" arbitrary policy, but it's kind of ironic for Hamas to call this act "barbaric" after how many suicide bombers?Note: The US embargo against Cuba continues unabated, yet the world has done sweet **** all about it. Happy 50th, Embargo!

your point? 'Intifada' is support for the resistance to israeli occupation. try educating yourself on the words before u try to spin them.http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/201...rried-out-state
Well, "jihad" can be against a lot of things, so I guess it would've been ok for "peaceful" people to chant that as well before trying to break an embargo.
Well, "jihad" can be against a lot of things, so I guess it would've been ok for "peaceful" people to chant that as well before trying to break an embargo.
why are some here supporting the embargo/siege of gaza as legitimate? obviously not many have read up on the matter.
All In, what is your ethnic background, please?And why were the humanitarians on board armed, albeit with small arms, knives and such?Note: I am not excusing any wrongdoing by Israel, as I don't condone a "we have the right to defend ourselves" arbitrary policy, but it's kind of ironic for Hamas to call this act "barbaric" after how many suicide bombers?Note: The US embargo against Cuba continues unabated, yet the world has done sweet **** all about it. Happy 50th, Embargo!
my ethnic background is irrelevant to this issue. i'll give u this though, i am not palestinian or muslim. it is still unclear if/how they were armed, but arming oneself in international waters seems to me to be logical. it wasn't like they had RPGs, etc..Hamas ceased suicide attacks in 2005, and renounced them in April 2006:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/09/israelthe world continues to vote against the US embargo of cuba:The United Nations General Assembly has condemned the embargo as a violation of international law every year since 1992. In 2002, for example, it condemned the embargo by 173 votes to 3. Israel routinely joins the U.S. in voting against the resolution as has Palau every year since 2004. On October 28, 2009, for the 18th time, the United Nations condemned the embargo.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States..._laws_and_rules
my ethnic background is irrelevant to this issue. i'll give u this though, i am not palestinian or muslim.Fair enough. FTR, I am not Jewish it is still unclear if/how they were armed, but arming oneself in international waters seems to me to be logical. it wasn't like they had RPGs, etc..Yes, it would be foolish to troll around without some arms on board. Real pirates would have laid waste to those ships, had there been an opportunityHamas ceased suicide attacks in 2005, and renounced them in April 2006:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/09/israelGiven the covert nature of terrorist activity vs a party that has clear political aspirations, I'm not sure any claims, either for to the contrary, of a cessation of suicide bombing can be substantiated. It could easily be argued that this is official policy, while engaging in "alternatives", which the USA and ISrael are very familiar with.the world continues to vote against the US embargo of cuba:The United Nations General Assembly has condemned the embargo as a violation of international law every year since 1992. In 2002, for example, it condemned the embargo by 173 votes to 3. Israel routinely joins the U.S. in voting against the resolution as has Palau every year since 2004. On October 28, 2009, for the 18th time, the United Nations condemned the embargo.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States..._laws_and_rulesPalau? **** Palau.
Thanks for the quality reply.I do NOT support this action by Israel (as if my support matters one way or another lol) nor do I support any kind of oppression of the Palestinians (or anyone else, for that matter)
why are some here supporting the embargo/siege of gaza as legitimate? obviously not many have read up on the matter.
There has been no mention of anyone supporting the embargo. I'm against it, I understood why they did it at the start but its failed, hamas is still in power and it does not appear to be working. No one mentioned supporting it so its funny you make a condescending remark anyway.
your point? 'Intifada' is support for the resistance to israeli occupation. try educating yourself on the words before u try to spin them.
Why did you leave out them praising martyrdom? My point is that people are trying to portray them as peaceful but they were singing rebel songs and praising suicide attacks before they got on the boats. Then there is evidence of them stabbing and fighting but you still try call them peaceful.The commandos came down with paintball guns, obviously something happened for them to have to start using lethal weapons.The Nobel peace prize winner, the elderly holocaust survivor, the German politicians and more people obviously had peaceful intentions like most on the boats but obviously some of them there, the ones with the bats and knives perhaps or I don't know the guys praising martyrdom, had ill intentions.
the video is inconclusive, u cannot tell clearly what's going on.
OK forget the video of the chopper, can you seriously not see the IDF soldier being stabbed? Really?
israel ATTACKED the aid ship, don't u get it? It was attacked in INTERNATIONAL waters. resistance to such an attack is justified by law (self defense).Piracy is still piracy, even if it's carried out by a state:http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/201...rried-out-state
Egypt offered to give the supplies to Gaza. This was a political statement, it wasn't about the aid. Israel warned them repeatedly before they took off, communicated in Arabic and English before they boarded.Israel were complete idiots in handling this. They were afraid of bad PR so they loaded up one of their boats with journalists and sent in a minimal team. 30 soldiers to handle 600. Each soldier sliding down a rope and one by one being leapt on. They should have used 200 soldiers, they'd still have bad PR but no one would have died.

Gilad Shalits family(Hamas have him held captive since he was 20, been 3 years now) contacted the protestors and asked if they could give them some things that might reach their son. The leaders of the organization denied the families request. I think that says a lot about these "humanitarians".Thankfully the Irish people on the boat heard about the refusal and made sure they took what the Shailt family wanted.

because it is? it's not the world's best idea but it is certainly legitimate.
There has been no mention of anyone supporting the embargo. I'm against it, I understood why they did it at the start but its failed, hamas is still in power and it does not appear to be working. No one mentioned supporting it so its funny you make a condescending remark anyway.
"Well, "jihad" can be against a lot of things, so I guess it would've been ok for "peaceful" people to chant that as well before trying to break an embargo."not posted by u, but the general tone implies that they got what they deserved because they tried to break an embargo.
because it is? it's not the world's best idea but it is certainly legitimate.
practically the ENTIRE WORLD disagrees with this statement, what make u the arbiter of what is right/wrong?
practically the ENTIRE WORLD disagrees with this statement, what make u the arbiter of what is right/wrong?
what makes you? I agree it is not helping but it is certainly legitimate. They announced it and everything.
Why did you leave out them praising martyrdom?
dying for a just cause is a celebrated action the world over, i didn't think it was necessary to mention the obvious.
My point is that people are trying to portray them as peaceful but they were singing rebel songs and praising suicide attacks before they got on the boats. Then there is evidence of them stabbing and fighting but you still try call them peaceful.The commandos came down with paintball guns, obviously something happened for them to have to start using lethal weapons.
so u instantly believe what israel puts out (paintball guns, etc..really, paintball guns???? lol, why do people believe this? what army uses paintball guns???) but dismiss what the protesters say? they say they were fired on before being boarded (in international waters, remember that).
OK forget the video of the chopper, can you seriously not see the IDF soldier being stabbed? Really?
i see unclear video of someone making an arm gesture towards another. i have no info on when this was made, who the people are and what is actually taking place. based on history, i am not inclined to instantly take israel's word on this, they have fabricated/made up stories and not told the truth many times.
Egypt offered to give the supplies to Gaza. This was a political statement, it wasn't about the aid. Israel warned them repeatedly before they took off, communicated in Arabic and English before they boarded.
many items are not allowed in, did egypt offer to allow all the supplies in?
Israel were complete idiots in handling this. They were afraid of bad PR so they loaded up one of their boats with journalists and sent in a minimal team. 30 soldiers to handle 600. Each soldier sliding down a rope and one by one being leapt on. They should have used 200 soldiers, they'd still have bad PR but no one would have died.
not sure if more soldiers = no one dying. israel were idiots in handling this, they should lift the siege and allow the much needed supplies in.
what makes you? I agree it is not helping but it is certainly legitimate. They announced it and everything.
what makes me? i wrote, 'practically the ENTIRE WORLD disagrees with this statement..' that is not just me.
what makes me? i wrote, 'practically the ENTIRE WORLD disagrees with this statement..' that is not just me.
cant tell you how irrelevant I find the rest of the world's opinion on these issues. They say what muslims want to hear because they dont want bombs going off in their neck of the woods. They know they dont have to worry about Jews killing their cartoonists.Also, the USA does not really agree with that statement and that's like half the world right there.
Gilad Shalits family(Hamas have him held captive since he was 20, been 3 years now) contacted the protestors and asked if they could give them some things that might reach their son. The leaders of the organization denied the families request. I think that says a lot about these "humanitarians".Thankfully the Irish people on the boat heard about the refusal and made sure they took what the Shailt family wanted.
i have not heard of this, please provide a link.but this one action (if true)does not legitimize the whole story of the aid convoy.
cant tell you how irrelevant I find the rest of the world's opinion on these issues. They say what muslims want to hear because they dont want bombs going off in their neck of the woods. They know they dont have to worry about Jews killing their cartoonists.Also, the USA does not really agree with that statement and that's like half the world right there.
so this is what u bring to the table for debate? yep, the US and u can dismiss the world because only u can determine what's right/wrong. and spew nonsense about being afraid of muslims, hahaha. i guess all the talk of banning muslim veils in europe shows just how afraid they are. LOL.