$10 Rebuy 55k Gtd - Review My Game

So went pretty deep in the 55k tonight, took 70th out of 2000+ entrants. Had Mr. Chucksty at my table for a good chunk of it (check out hand 191 to see what sort of respect you got Mr. Tommy with JC in AIM going "I'd call" lol) and I think I played well overall, it's not my deepest finish in the 55k, I think I took 29th or 39th one other time in it - but I've been playing well the last few days and feel like I'm finally out of the hellacious downswing I've been in the last couple months.Anyway, I've uploaded the entire tournament for all your (brutal) review. I think there are still two pretty big holes in my game that need to be filled:1) I play too tight in the middle levels when I should be opening up just a little to chip up.2) I think I miss few key opportunities in the late game to shove when I'm short stacked.So here is the entire tournament for your review: http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA37829/10r70th/9356What do you think? Any specific hands stick out for you?Thanks fellas,- Crash

I'd hide my DB if I were you :(I will look at it tomorrow tho.
I have no qualms with my statistics, both Sharkscope or DB. We're not all BKiCe around here. Look forward to your comments (and everyone elses) tomorrow.

I've just been watching a few hands, where the blinds were 2-4k & 3-6k, and I think you missed a few pushing oppurtunities.(2-4k)You had AJo utg with a 50k stack, I woulda made it 3X.(2-4k)You had A5s folded to you in the CO, I also woulda made that 3X.(3-6k)You had A2o in ep-mp? You had about a 40-50k stack, I woulda shoved.(3-6k)A2h folded you on the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.(3-6k)J8d folded to you 2 off the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.(4-8k)A7p folded you in mp with just under 50k stack. Auto shove.(4-8k)KJo Utg, 60k stack. SHOVEEEEEEEE(4-8k)KJo in the Sb. A late position player with a big stack limps and you have 50k chips. You didn't even complete the Sb. I woulda shoved probably, but folding was the worst option.(4-8k) KJo, folded to you in the CO with a 64k stack. I'd shove.

I've just been watching a few hands, where the blinds were 2-4k & 3-6k, and I think you missed a few pushing oppurtunities.(2-4k)You had AJo utg with a 50k stack, I woulda made it 3X.(2-4k)You had A5s folded to you in the CO, I also woulda made that 3X.(3-6k)You had A2o in ep-mp? You had about a 40-50k stack, I woulda shoved.(3-6k)A2h folded you on the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.(3-6k)J8d folded to you 2 off the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.
the funny thing is i was talkingt o him on aim while these hands happened and i thnk i told him the same thing for 4out of 5 hands
(2-4k)You had AJo utg with a 50k stack, I woulda made it 3X.
I believe you're referring to hand 259 (and correct me on these hand numbers if I'm wrong) and I do remember that situation. If you go back just a hand or two, you'll see that this is a new table. The first thing I realized at this new table, besides the obvious that I know nothing about these players, was that my table position was absolutely disgusting. If you look, all the huge stacks are directly to my left instead of my right with a desperate stack in the BB. So while AJo is not a hand I typically play UTG/UTG+1 anyway, being as short as I was I would have considered if not for being new at the table, the huge stacks to my immediate left who I knew nothing about (did they call too loosely? Any grasp of the gap concept? etc.), and there was a desperate guy in the BB.Make sense?
(2-4k)You had A5s folded to you in the CO, I also woulda made that 3X.
Hand 265 I believe. If you look two hands prior, I'd shoved OTB w/ A7o. My usual rule of thumb is if I'm shoving more than once per rotation, I need my second hand to be stronger than the first. So that in itself was pretty marginal. Plus at this point I'd gotten a feel that the BB (the CL at the table) got very attached to ace-rags and might call me looser than he should, so I did not want to tangle with his big blind unless I had to.
(3-6k)You had A2o in ep-mp? You had about a 40-50k stack, I woulda shoved.
Hand 267. Same as above - I had just shoved once that rotation w/ the A7, and didn't feel comfortable shoving once more with a lesser hand. So far they had been respecting my shoves and I was able to maintain my (short) stack with the steals. I felt that if I started to shove more than once per rotation, I'd lose my tight image and would be called down more loosely than I should - in which case, A2o is not really a hand that shows down well against the range of hands that would call you.
(3-6k)A2h folded you on the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.
Hand 272. I'd shoved the hand before w/ A3o on the BB from my SB. I didn't want to immediately shove again the very next hand - once again for the same reasons above.
(3-6k)J8d folded to you 2 off the button with a 50k stack. Auto shove.
Agreed, this one was on my mind as a missed shove opportunity as well.

Ya, I understand your reasoning about the not shoving after consecutive hand things, but I think most of these are still a shove. I don't really know how to argue my point, but I'm sure Johhny Bax and Eric would agree with me. Do you want to win the tourny or just cash?Anyways I'm just gonna put up hands I would probably play differently and maybe someone else can help debate about them. I don't really know how to explain reasoning well.

(4-8k)A7p folded you in mp with just under 50k stack. Auto shove.
Agreed. Not sure why I didn't shove here. I looked at the HH and couldn't decipher why.
(4-8k)KJo Utg, 60k stack. SHOVEEEEEEEE
I had just shoved with the Jacks. Being UTG w/ a weaker hand the one I just shoved with - and with the entire table to act behind me, some of whom might be frustrated with my short stack ninja mode, I decided to pass on this one.
(4-8k)KJo in the Sb. A late position player with a big stack limps and you have 50k chips. You didn't even complete the Sb. I woulda shoved probably, but folding was the worst option.
Something just smelled funny about his LP limp. There was zero limping at the table, and suddenly he decided to limp from late position. It just didn't feel right, and read like he was hoping for someone to make a play at him. And KJo is such a trap hand that if I completed and flopped top pair or what have you, I could be in a world of hurt. I went with my read that his limp just didn't feel right - so instead of risking going broke with a hand like KJo, I passed on the opportunity all together.

Another reason you need to start shoving more is that you need to get a stack that has re-raise fold equity. That's when you can really start accumulating some chips.Btw, I'll look at this later because I gotta go somewhere now.

Another reason you need to start shoving more is that you need to get a stack that has re-raise fold equity. That's when you can really start accumulating some chips.Btw, I'll look at this later because I gotta go somewhere now.
Thanks, appreciate all the comments so far.
Ya, I understand your reasoning about the not shoving after consecutive hand things, but I think most of these are still a shove. I don't really know how to argue my point, but I'm sure Johhny Bax and Eric would agree with me. Do you want to win the tourny or just cash?Anyways I'm just gonna put up hands I would probably play differently and maybe someone else can help debate about them. I don't really know how to explain reasoning well.
You have a slightly flawed view of how Bax plays. For instance, the J8 shove is a given, but the A2 in EP shove is ridiculously bad.
You have a slightly flawed view of how Bax plays. For instance, the J8 shove is a given, but the A2 in EP shove is ridiculously bad.
Well the table might have been 8 handed and it was probably Mp, but ya I'm most likely wrong in that case. Could you explain why though? I'd like to learn.
Well the table might have been 8 handed and it was probably Mp, but ya I'm most likely wrong in that case. Could you explain why though? I'd like to learn.
Shoving with A2, you only get a call when you are severely dominated. At least with a hand like 9Ts or 67, theres some chance ull be in a 50/50. Not with A2 in that spot.
I'll look when I have more time, just replying to find it easier later...edit: is there anyway to look at it if you are not a member?
Registering to just use the hand viewer is free, but no, you need to at least do the free registration thingy to view them.