I think this is the correct play trying to get it to heads up. He has 8bb so figure his range is well below mine. This is a SnG btw 7 handed.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 (t1375)CO (t2380)Hero (Button) (t2570)SB (t2045)BB (t3020)UTG (t825)MP1 (t1285)Hero's M: 17.13Preflop: Hero is Button with 5diamond.gif, Adiamond.gifUTG bets t825 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero raises to t2570 (All-In), 2 foldsHe ended up having QQ but I got lucky. Needless to say, that was the right play right?

this a fold pre imo not from a chip ev perspective but money ev perspective. we are probably about 52% so your risking your tourney life early for a 2% edge, which i dont like. basically unless we feel we dont have much of an edge against the players we should avoid marginal spots where we risk our tourney life and/or large % of our stack ( bc losing 800 knocks us down to open shoving soon) where as if we fold we have a while to take uncontested pots and take less risk. if the 5 was say an 9 this is a simple shove imo. Being second in chips and close to the chipleader dont take marginal spots until things change

Good idea but way too light. I'm not sure what a correct isoing range in an STT would be but I guess about 77+ AJ/AT+
i may be nitty but i would think 77 doesnt have a ton of an edge here. its close. 8's is probably an all in. i dont have snq wizard so idk
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all i am newbie to poker, wanted to that can be poker be faked mean is there a way to cheat and get away with a lot of cash, i am not here to cheat but want to know if this is possible..........
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Any Pair and you are in bad shapeNearly any Ace has you in bad shapeany random hand is coin flip.Pretty crappy spot to try to isolate, especially with two people to act.Easy fold pre.