Bill O'reilly And Glen Beck

More so O'Reilly, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't literally been punched in the face. Is there anyone on this forum that actually listens to O'Reilly and thinks, "What a brilliant man?" I can't believe he is even on the air, rude, obnoxious, and continuously comes up with random "facts" that are totally inaccurate, then he doesn't bother to retract or apologize. Fox News in general takes such a negative approach to anything and rarely care if what they say is even accurate. There are a gazillion examples of this on youtube.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch fox news for entertainment, as a foreigner I treat the whole of american politics like a big episode of the West Wing. Yes hes ridiculous but I can't look away

Is this how you really feel?I was bored in a hotel one night and decided to flip on Bill O'Reilly and he actually had a good segment going. It was about how GE is claiming to be on the edge of the green technology boom even as it fights having to clean up a lake it destroyed by dumping waste there. The reason why they're fighting it so hard is, if they have to clean up that lake, they'll have to clean up all the other lakes they fucked up.

Bill can be entertaining in a non intentional sort of way if you take him with about three tablespoons of salt.Glen Beck is just a moron and seems to be proud of that fact. He has no redeeming qualities and is a terrible human being.

More so O'Reilly, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't literally been punched in the face. Is there anyone on this forum that actually listens to O'Reilly and thinks, "What a brilliant man?" I can't believe he is even on the air, rude, obnoxious, and continuously comes up with random "facts" that are totally inaccurate, then he doesn't bother to retract or apologize. Fox News in general takes such a negative approach to anything and rarely care if what they say is even accurate. There are a gazillion examples of this on youtube.
Do you know any of this thru tour own independent knowledge, or do you get all of your info from far left websites? Ps I would pay to se you attempt to punch oreilly.
Daniel, lol facepunchaments.I know you are 'O Natural, but perhaps this stuff might help? Works for me when I slip too far into the Politcal anger abyss...Fukitol-1.jpgAnywy....FACT, you have to admit that there is PLENTY of bullshit on both sides of the media aisle. Thank God we are all not so stupid and can wade thru the swill,As far as the talking heads, O'Reilly gives all Republicans a black eye imo, and Beck acts like an out of work OVER actor like, all the time. Both are unwatchable, imo. Just too over the top, which is sad because their delivery style clouds what are at times very worth while debate topics.On the other hand, Oberman and Chris Mathews are just as despicable and nauseating. Russell is and will be very sorely missed this year. He was getting more and more fair and balanced every year. He was great.Hannity and Combs is a decent show actually. Hannity is a bit blow hard and Combs are hard core lefty, but I do think is is one of the good shows out there.One thing I will say is I can appreciate and respect the passion on both sides. Maybe you should give up the working out with weights and just start going to a boxing gym? Ya seem a little tense there......get in shape, AND , if you still feel like it, get ready to beat the crap out of all us Red state-ers in November if your boy fails to pwn.
Is there anyone on this forum that actually listens to Daniel Negreanu and think "What brilliant insight into politics he has"?Have some examples of "random "facts" that are totally inaccurate", or are you just blowing hot air like most liberal posters here?and dont give me the "gazillion examples on youtube", I want what YOU personally know to be inaccurate.Prediction: this another DN drive by political post that he won't back up with any substance.
Is there anyone on this forum that actually listens to Daniel Negreanu and think "What brilliant insight into politics he has"?Have some examples of "random "facts" that are totally inaccurate", or are you just blowing hot air like most liberal posters here?and dont give me the "gazillion examples on youtube", I want what YOU personally know to be inaccurate.Prediction: this another DN drive by political post that he won't back up with any substance.
You always seem really angry. Do you want a backrub?

O'Reilly isn't that bad. He tends to get lumped in with Sean Hannity and the talk shows, but he's nowhere close to as bad as them. He does explode and say something stupid occasionally, which is the only side the Youtube watchers see. He takes the liberal point of view on several issues, and there are some Democrats (Chuck Schumer and Al Sharpton for example) who realize that he isn't one of the bad guys. Speaking of Sharpton, he doesn't deserve to be lumped with Jesse Jackson either.

O'Reilly is fun to watch whens hes ripping into someone who is a scumbag, but when he talks politics he just doesnt come across as watchable/honest, but i dont watch him that much and dont know who the other guy is.I remember seeing him on a bbc show once and they just owned him.

You always seem really angry. Do you want a backrub?
Im not the least bit angry,though I can see why it could sound that way. I'm confrontational, and don't suffer fools. I have the affliction of being a mathematician and former 60s radical who grew up. The math side leads to the insistence on facts and being a former liberal leads to the impatience with the bumper sticker mentality that I used to have.Back rubs can never hurt though..from the opposite gender :club:.
Im not the least bit angry,though I can see why it could sound that way. I'm confrontational, and don't suffer fools. I have the affliction of being a mathematician and former 60s radical who grew up. The math side leads to the insistence on facts and being a former liberal leads to the impatience with the bumper sticker mentality that I used to have.
Ok Ok but do you want a back rub ? :club:

I actually like Glenn Beck. He's more in the middle than most other guys. Bill O'Reilly annoys me. He's too right wing. Beck is pretty much right on how Republicans and Democrats both suck and that both need to change things to make things better in the USA. Bill O'Reilly is pretty much a republican appologist. Neither one is near as bad as Rush is. Rush is just pure comedy.

I prefer Michael Savage.On the other hand, Oberman and Chris Mathews are just as despicable and nauseating.Is Oberman's show passed off as unbiased? If it is, man, well, I don't like him.

I actually like Glenn Beck. He's more in the middle than most other guys. Bill O'Reilly annoys me. He's too right wing. Beck is pretty much right on how Republicans and Democrats both suck and that both need to change things to make things better in the USA. Bill O'Reilly is pretty much a republican appologist. Neither one is near as bad as Rush is. Rush is just pure comedy.
Rush is supposed to be biased. Rush is full of himself but he's hands down the most listened too and followed conservative pundit/commentator.I really don't listen to O'Reilly, Nothing about his views, he's not interesting to me
I prefer Michael Savage.On the other hand, Oberman and Chris Mathews are just as despicable and nauseating.Is Oberman's show passed off as unbiased? If it is, man, well, I don't like him.
Savage is great also.Oberman was watchable about 15 years ago when he was on Sportscenter. He should have stayed there. Chris Mathews is a moron.
Savage is great also.Oberman was watchable about 15 years ago when he was on Sportscenter. He should have stayed there. Chris Mathews is a moron.
The only thing watchable about Olberman 15 years ago was his attempts at out-Rome-ing Rome (radio, never watched sportscenter) . Now he tries to out_OReilly Bill, but from the opposite side. He's a dismal failure at both.
Im not the least bit angry,though I can see why it could sound that way. I'm confrontational, and don't suffer fools. I have the affliction of being a mathematician and former 60s radical who grew up. The math side leads to the insistence on facts and being a former liberal leads to the impatience with the bumper sticker mentality that I used to have.Back rubs can never hurt though..from the opposite gender :club:.
You were a radical on the left? How did you change your philosophical views on the size of government and it's role?Fwiw, sometimes I come across as confrontational when I don't mean to so I know you don't wish harm on any posters.I have no gender, how does that grab ya? You look so tenseee, me do happy ending?

LOL....watching Chris Mathews as I type.100 percent and completely one sided, and why shows like the ones on Fox exist, to counter this crap. I mean think about it...Fox, vs. NBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.And these guys want to fairness doctrine passed????????????? These guys think the Conservatives are too much of an unchallenged voice??? Talk bout irony.So far it's been10 minutes of how McCain is just like Bush, is too old at 71, will not be able to over come the CHANGE label...etc. Very careful and calculated but kind and gentle slamming and discrediting of who McCain is and how he and Bush are the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin of politics.Seriously....wtf is this crap? There is no content. NONE. just bombing away and showing old clips of Lewis and Martin clowning around.And the most prestigious member on the discussion group? Dan Rather...DAN F*CKING RATHER???BAWAHHAHAHAAAA!!!anyway, point is, there is plenty of media bias to go around, on ALL fronts. And anyone that thinks the main stream media isn't left leaning needs their head examined

You were a radical on the left? How did you change your philosophical views on the size of government and it's role?
Philosophy? I changed primarily because the radical left's philosophy was far more sex, drugs and rock and roll than it was rational change for the better. I was a 2x college dropout, living at the largesse of my friends and an occasional deal. (If youve ever watched the movie Woodstock, several of Chip Monk's announcements were the result of one of those deals, lol).The single incident that opened my eyes to the shallowness of the "movement" was Kent State. Campus SDS, with the encouragement of outside agitators, was hell bent on a confrontation despite the obvious risks. I was there visiting a GF (a reactionary) and we stayed away because we knew it wasnt going to be pretty. I was in basic training 3 months later despite my high draft lottery number.Army + graduating + a profession populated by brilliant people who tend to be conservative did the rest.

I didn't get my info from any liberal website or News network. I was simply flipping through youtube and listening to parts of their shows that annoyed the crap out of me. I don't like anyone that behaves like O'Reilly. Whether he is right or not is totally irrelevant to me. He doesn't have to be a jerk. Oh, and there is ample evidence on youtube where Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck say things that are untrue. I don't really watch Fox News or MSNBC. I prefer CNN and feel like they spend less time giving airtime to blowhards like O'Reilly... CNN Headline News, I don't watch that either (Beck). Lou Dobbs is the closest thing on the daily roster that could be considered a little whacko from time to time, but it pales in comparison to others.