stinking it up with k-jo (lhe)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is CO with K:club:, J:heart:. econ_tim posts a blind of $1. 2 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) 2:club:, 5:diamond:, 5:spade: (4 players)UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, econ_tim calls.Turn: (8.25 BB) J:club: (2 players)UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks.River: (8.25 BB) 5:club: (2 players)UTG+2 bets, econ_tim calls.Final Pot: 10.25 BBObviously my first hand at table, so no reads.I was confused by Villain's check/3-bet on the flop. But I think my turn play sux because why did I call the flop bet if I'm not going to bet a jack?And the river just gets worse.

Why'd you raise the flop?
p.s. no content, but I detest KJo. If there was a trophy for "Most Likely to Make Second-Best Hand" it would get my vote.
I would fold KJo pre-flop in this situation when I'm right after the raiser.
I didn't like calling that much, but I figure with odds (after posting I'm getting better than 6 to 1) and position it is marginally +EV.

Crap I cant read. I didnt even see that it was your first hand at the table and you posted. I'm still leaning toward folding though. Even though some people here will raise with hands they dont normally raise with just to try and force you out, I just dont think its worth it to make a stand here with your first hand at the table. I consider KJo marginal anyways. When I play it, I like to be the one raising. If I cant raise it (like in this situation), I usually pass. I dont think you lose a lot by passing here.

I'd call a raise with KJo from the big blind, so I'm definetly calling one after I post. That being said, the preflop raiser probably has you dominated so bad that you have 2-3 outs at most. Don't waste any more $ by trying to protect this weak hand.

preflop isnt bad since u posted...i wouldnt call without having postedflop play is questionable to say the least...no way u have the best hand at this point...so the raise doesnt make sensefrom turn on i may bet the turn and go from thereriver well if he has quads thats just unlucky for you

?i like the way you played each street _except_ maybe preflop.SSHE says we should be folding weak offsuit hands including KJ from the big blind if it's raised, and this isn't much different except you have much better position.i hate being offsuit and easily dominated, but position makes it tempting. it's close, but i think it's still a fold after you post in the CO, tim.i think i'm the only one here who likes your flop raise. well, if the raiser was loose a little, i'd like it, so i'm not sure how much i like it without reads. still, i don't mind it. the pot's big, you have a nice shot at getting it heads-up and possibly taking it on the turn on this very ragged board.besides, you have probably 2 - 4 partial outs for your overcards, enough to call at least, so why not raise to isolate, to improve fold equity, and to possibly and beautifully fold a hand like A-J or K-Q or any J-x that might tie you on the river (like on this river)?i also don't mind your turn check at all. villian check/three-bet, that's insane. then he checked the turn to you?! i think this is a massive wa/wb situation, but i would hate getting check/raised again. you really have nothing to protect (i can't see villian folding any A-x or Q-x except specifically A-5 or Q-5) from, and at best your opponent probably has two outs if he checked a hand like 6-6 or 7-7.without a read, i don't like betting too much for value here since you never know if villian might checkraise you again with what is now a worse hand (if he's donkish or aggressive or just flat out insane). i don't mind this turn check at all. of course, if you weren't check-three/bet on the flop, this leans closer to a value bet, but even then, if you got a cold-call or something on the flop, i see the value in checking if you think your opponent might checkraise with a 5 as well as a worse hand, etc.the river is an extension of the turn. you don't really want to raise, but you will definitely call one bet in this big pot.all in all, except preflop, i like how you played this hand.aseem