• Please log in to reply
21722 replies to this topic

#21 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:11 AM

phil kessel has been a different player since he got his nut removed.
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#22 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,540 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:49 AM

I'm so tired of commentators saying 'Oh, his stick exploded. That's why these composite sticks are a problem'. The composites are better, lighter, and provide a much harder shot. Wood sticks broke every bit as much, you could just get away with playing with a broken wood stick because it didn't split into two pieces.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#23 TheDaveyG

TheDaveyG

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:08 AM

View Postlordofelt, on Thursday, March 29th, 2007, 9:59 PM, said:

I'll add the Oilers to this list. Since the All-Star Break its been all down hill and with Ryan Smyth gone their is nothing to get excited about.
:club: you really think the Oiler situtation is even close to the Blackhawks siutation? They were in the finals last year!

#24 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

View Postnell789, on Thursday, March 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Western conference games are less entertaining than Eastern conference games.
That's really a personal preference thing.

#25 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:24 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, March 29th, 2007, 11:42 PM, said:

It's painful to watch a Pheonix hockey game.But it's pure agony when they show the coach, and he looks like a deer in the headlights.
agreed. I don't like seeing Gretzky in such a vulnerable light.

#26 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,643 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

View Postfleung22, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 2:24 PM, said:

agreed. I don't like seeing Gretzky in such a vulnerable light.
Meh, I think Gretzky is doing a good job given what he has to work with. However, I think he'd make a better GM as he is an excellent judge of talent. Most guys have difficulty letting go though and behind the bench is as close as he can get now. The Coyotes have some very good prospects and young players. I think they will be a very good team in 3 or 4 years.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#27 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 2:34 PM, said:

Meh, I think Gretzky is doing a good job given what he has to work with. However, I think he'd make a better GM as he is an excellent judge of talent. Most guys have difficulty letting go though and behind the bench is as close as he can get now. The Coyotes have some very good prospects and young players. I think they will be a very good team in 3 or 4 years.
I just don't want to see Gretz become the Isiah Thomas of hockey. The Great One's biggest asset is his ability to sway vets to come to his team but 3 notibles have not performed well. Hull retired, Roenick failed on his promise to be better and Nolan is hardly eye-popping despite being second in team scoring (71 gp, 16g-22a-38pts).I think Gretzky would've made a great GM in the old NHL where you could spend as much as you wanted. His star power would be more impactful. I just don't think he has the experience or business savvy in today's NHL.

#28 gruven

gruven

• Members
  • 10,540 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

If the NHL introduced team logo'd enema bags, the only fans that would line up to have their team logo shoved up their as s would be Leaf fans....

2015-16 AHL Champions

#29 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,717 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

View Postgruven, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 4:21 PM, said:

If the NHL introduced team logo'd enema bags, the only fans that would line up to have their team logo shoved up their as s would be Leaf fans....
Thats just sick...but true ....
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#30 lordofelt

lordofelt

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

View PostTheDaveyG, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 6:08 AM, said:

:club: you really think the Oiler situtation is even close to the Blackhawks siutation? They were in the finals last year!
I know but I have a short memory. They really aren't half the team they were last year though: Lupul for Pronger, Smyth gone, Pisana lost his playoff run flair, Roloson is average at best, etc. etc. etc. and you have an 11th place team.
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."- Mark Twain

#31 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,819 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 1:34 PM, said:

The Coyotes have some very good prospects and young players. I think they will be a very good team in 3 or 4 years.
i have been saying this for years.....but every couple of years, you see all the young prospects are gone/didnt work out, and new prospects are there.also, the last couple of years, i kept thinking they put together a fairly decent lineup. But nothing. Especially coming out of the lockout, i thought they were really deep at young solid fwds.

#32 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,717 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:26 PM

Rick Jeanneret is great...He is amazing to listen to...Vanek just scored a goal and this is what he said after"I am going this way said Vanek to Mike Dunham...HAHA no I am going the other way"he is great ....I still remember LALALALALALALALALALALA fontaine

#33 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,643 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

I need a Dallas goal (with no points from Ribeiro) tonight. Another shutout by Hasek will hurt my fantasy team. Everyone think 'Modano unassisted'.modano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassisted
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#34 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,717 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, March 30th, 2007, 6:23 PM, said:

I need a Dallas goal (with no points from Ribeiro) tonight. Another shutout by Hasek will hurt my fantasy team. Everyone think 'Modano unassisted'.modano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassistedmodano unassisted
are you cheating on us??Ahl is the only league you should be in

#35 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,643 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

Please, Janne Niinimaa, go back to Finland.

#36 Vertigo

Vertigo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:Poker

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, March 29th, 2007, 7:42 PM, said:

It's painful to watch a Pheonix hockey game.But it's pure agony when they show the coach, and he looks like a deer in the headlights.
It's painful to continually see people spell PHOENIX as PHEONIX! :club:
In the poker game of life, women are the rake...the f***ing rake!

#37 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

Pominville population 32!
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#38 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,567 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Sean Avery is almost as important to the Ranger surge as Henrik.Chicago jersey is still the bomb.
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#39 gruven

gruven

• Members
  • 10,540 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

View PostUntilted, on Saturday, March 31st, 2007, 6:19 AM, said:

Sean Avery is almost as important to the Ranger surge as Henrik.Chicago jersey is still the bomb.
QFT X 2

2015-16 AHL Champions

#40 7s7c

7s7c

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

I always think of Gretzky as the coach of the peewee team that win or lose takes his kids out for ice cream afterwards. He seems too nice to be anything more than a player's coach which normally doesn't work well with a young team. I think he'd be much better suited for an exec role.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users