I'm sick of all the Barack Obama hype by people that don't know anything about him. Daniel said himself that he doesn't know anything about his policies, yet he likes him and he thinks we should all vote for him (by the way he's not running for anything right now). Does that make an ounce of ****ing sense? Just because he's a young black senator with no baggage (that we know of) and "D" next to his name every liberal is attaching all of their hopes and dreams to this guy. I know a big reason DN likes him is because he's black. He has admitted to being racist against white people. It sums up everything wrong with our society. People acting without thinking. At least learn a little about the guy.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of all the Barack Obama hype by people that don't know anything about him. Daniel said himself that he doesn't know anything about his policies, yet he likes him and he thinks we should all vote for him (by the way he's not running for anything right now). Does that make an ounce of ****ing sense? Just because he's a young black senator with no baggage (that we know of) and "D" next to his name every liberal is attaching all of their hopes and dreams to this guy. I know a big reason DN likes him is because he's black. He has admitted to being racist agaisnst white people. It sums up everything wrong with our society. People acting without thinking. At least learn a little about the guy.
Ok, what about him do you not like, other than he's a Democrat.

I was coming here to make a similar post to the OPs (except without the race card stuff).Does anyone know what Obama stands for? Anyone? I've heard hints that he's pretty much a big government liberal in his voting record, and that he's a charismatic speaker. That's one strike against, one neutral. Overall, I'm not sure he's got any principles except "say what people like to hear", which will make him successful, but won't get my vote.

I was coming here to make a similar post to the OPs (except without the race card stuff).Does anyone know what Obama stands for? Anyone? I've heard hints that he's pretty much a big government liberal in his voting record, and that he's a charismatic speaker. That's one strike against, one neutral. Overall, I'm not sure he's got any principles except "say what people like to hear", which will make him successful, but won't get my vote.
What if he did what people wanted him to do?
I was watching and listening to his interview on CNN with Larry King when they had the portion of the show where viewers called in with a question. Here's some of that chat transcript: KING: We have an e-mail question, Senator, from Lynn in Archibald, Ohio. Question, "A lot of respected folks are calling for you to run for the presidency in 2008. I have heard only positive comments about you. However, you are a member of Congress and Congress has done next to nothing in your tenure. To what accomplishments do you attribute your wide acclaim other than talking a good game?"And I might add to that, a poll today, the lowest rating I think in history for this Congress. It's over 73 percent negative, so is her question fair?OBAMA: Oh, look, it's absolutely fair. The fact is, is that this has been a very unproductive Congress since I've arrived there. Hopefully, though, there's no correlation between my arrival and the lack of productivity. I've been in the minority and I haven't been able to move a lot of legislation forward because frankly those who have been in charge of the Senate, Bill Frist and the Republican majority, haven't been interested in the work that I've been doing.I will say that I've made some progress working on a bipartisan basis with some legislators I do respect. Tom Coburn in Oklahoma and I passed a law that was recently signed by the president that would open up all federal spending to the Internet, so that every single citizen out there could see where their dollars are going and it would be easier to track pork barrel spending.We've seen a huge increase in pork barrel spending over the last several years and it's part of the reason that there has been such an enormous growth of the national debt.You know, I've been working with Republican Senator **** Lugar on nonproliferation issues, making sure that not only nuclear weapons but also strategic weapons like shoulder-to-air missiles don't fall into the hands of terrorists and I expect that that will pass in January.So, you know, obviously the problem for Democrats I think over the last year and a half, two years since I've been in Congress has been that we haven't controlled that agenda and that's why I'm so -- I'm working so hard to make sure that after November we've got the opportunity for bills that I've introduced to provide health insurance to people who don't have it or to make sure that we have a serious energy policy that that starts moving forward.For the most part I think he is a very charismatic and well-spoken individual/politician with principles and a vision for the future. However, like every politician you have to take what they say with a grain of salt... He is definitely intelligent and gifted and only time will tell what he really has to offer the people of the United States.
What if he did what people wanted him to do?
I would say that is a very dangerous policy. The idea of leadership is to lead with princples and vision, not to follow the lemmings off a cliff.
I'm working so hard to make sure that after November we've got the opportunity for bills that I've introduced to provide health insurance to people who don't have it or to make sure that we have a serious energy policy that that starts moving forward.
Thanks for the info, although, again, extremely vague on whether there are any principles behind the chatter.The two things mentioned here are extreme dangers signs: like we need the federal government even *more* involved in our healthcare system. (*sigh*). I know, let's do for healthcare what the feds have done for, say, retirement (a bankrupt system with declining benefits and no mathematical means of paying out promised benefits), or space exploration (an aging fleet of obsolete and dangerous vehicles with no focus or vision), or communications (a mishmash of grandfathered obsolete technology holding ground against new and cutting edge stuff because "that's the way it is"), or... well, you get the point. Federal government: keep your hands off healthcare. It's too important to be mangled by congress.Energy policy - here's what the entire federal energy policy should be: let the market decide on the most cost effective solutions, with only minor intrusions of government to account for secondary costs such as pollution. If congress would stop subsidizing the oil companies and ethanol, we'd probably all have electric vehicles by now. And if not, so what? At least we'd know we're spending our money wisely.Again, he doesn't ever seem to give any specifics, just feel-good tell-em-what-they-want-to-hear type generalities that are unworkable in practice.When/if he ever gets specific, I'll be happy to evaluate him with an open mind.
Thanks for the info, although, again, extremely vague on whether there are any principles behind the chatter.The two things mentioned here are extreme dangers signs: like we need the federal government even *more* involved in our healthcare system. (*sigh*). I know, let's do for healthcare what the feds have done for, say, retirement (a bankrupt system with declining benefits and no mathematical means of paying out promised benefits), or space exploration (an aging fleet of obsolete and dangerous vehicles with no focus or vision), or communications (a mishmash of grandfathered obsolete technology holding ground against new and cutting edge stuff because "that's the way it is"), or... well, you get the point. Federal government: keep your hands off healthcare. It's too important to be mangled by congress.Energy policy - here's what the entire federal energy policy should be: let the market decide on the most cost effective solutions, with only minor intrusions of government to account for secondary costs such as pollution. If congress would stop subsidizing the oil companies and ethanol, we'd probably all have electric vehicles by now. And if not, so what? At least we'd know we're spending our money wisely.Again, he doesn't ever seem to give any specifics, just feel-good tell-em-what-they-want-to-hear type generalities that are unworkable in practice.When/if he ever gets specific, I'll be happy to evaluate him with an open mind.
I agree that he is very much the politician. He knew how to answer those questions so as to not bring any type of tarnish to his reputation or take a very direct stance one way or the other.
Ok, what about him do you not like, other than he's a Democrat.
Did you even read his post? He said he didn't like the (uninformed) hype.

My Father graduated UMass Boston last spring. He retired from the MBTA last year and he is now teaching high school History as a retirement job. Obama spoke at the ceremony and I was in the front row for it (we got great seats because my grandmother is handicapped). When I tell you that this guy can captivate an audience I'm making a huge understatement. He just radiates confidence and leadership ability up there... totally blew me away. I need to do more research on him to find out what he truly stands for but after hearing his address to the my Dad's graduating class I was extremely impressed. I remember saying to my mom that he should run for president in the car on the way home.

My Father graduated UMass Boston last spring. He retired from the MBTA last year and he is now teaching high school History as a retirement job. Obama spoke at the ceremony and I was in the front row for it (we got great seats because my grandmother is handicapped). When I tell you that this guy can captivate an audience I'm making a huge understatement. He just radiates confidence and leadership ability up there... totally blew me away. I need to do more research on him to find out what he truly stands for but after hearing his address to the my Dad's graduating class I was extremely impressed. I remember saying to my mom that he should run for president in the car on the way home.
He definitely is a very eloquent and gifted speaker who has a way with words. He always seems to be very composed and confident and possesses an appeal that transcends racial/political lines. I just ordered the two books that he has written, "Dreams from my Father" and "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" in hopes of getting a clearer sense of who he is.
He definitely is a very eloquent and gifted speaker who has a way with words. He always seems to be very composed and confident and possesses an appeal that transcends racial/political lines. I just ordered the two books that he has written, "Dreams from my Father" and "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" in hopes of getting a clearer sense of who he is.
The book that would matter for me to determine if he gets my vote is "20 Specific Policy Bills I Would Enact As President"
Well Oprah likes him... that's enough for the woman and minority vote.... not to metion President Obama sounds funny too
Obama? Osama???YO MAMA!!!!(sorry...absolutley no point here....please move along) :club:
The book that would matter for me to determine if he gets my vote is "20 Specific Policy Bills I Would Enact As President"
That's not really fair. The book would be pretty thin if both houses were Repub.