GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 23 April 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yes, that's it.

Rich people save their money and collect .5% interest and poor people drive the economy.

I am in fantasy land thinking rich people create jobs.

America's economic hub is in the welfare communities where those EBT cards create wealth.

Out of all the people I've met who believe they are really smart, you might be the most ignorant of all.

#662 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

forum legend

• Members
  • 24,585 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

oh i beg to differ.
Spoiler

#663 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 23 April 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

Laurence Tribe‏Verified account @tribelaw 4h4 hours ago
Laurence Tribe Retweeted Palmer Report
I don't know whether this is true, but key details have been corroborated and none, to my knowledge, have been refuted. If true, it's huge⬇️

Palmer Report‏
@PalmerReport
Report: Trump gave $10 million in Russian money to Jason Chaffetz when he leaked FBI letter...
http://www.palmerrep...mp-russia/2392/

I won't take anything from palmer report seriously. It seems they are full of shit.

Brendan Nyhan‏Verified account @BrendanNyhan 20h20 hours ago
Has @tribelaw been hacked? Is this a joke? This is tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff from a non-credible source http://www.snopes.co.../palmer-report/
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#664 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 AM

But just in case, you posted it?

And is snopes still a source? Thought they got a divorce.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.
Milton Friedman

#665 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Bob acting all superior...LOL that is funny. It takes some doing to him off his passive aggressive twitter posting rants!!

Well done BG

#666 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Ban him Bob

#667 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

forum legend

• Members
  • 24,585 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 PM

dubs, we can't go banning people on a forum with 9 regulars.
Spoiler

#668 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Quality over quantity bruh.

#669 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted Today, 06:57 AM

Trump to impose tariff on product-dumping Canadians criminally manipulating market with illegal softwood lumber.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#670 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted Today, 07:03 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 24 April 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

But just in case, you posted it?

Cut poor Bob some slack.
When all you ever do is appeal to authority to make your case, from time to time you're going to step on your dick and accidentally cite a hoax.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#671 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Today, 07:19 AM

View PostScrim, on 25 April 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

Trump to impose tariff on product-dumping Canadians criminally manipulating market with illegal softwood lumber.

softwood lumber has been a long time issue between Canada and the US and isn't something new with Trump.

The issue is basically that most trees in Canada are on publicly owned Crown land and the lumber companies pay the Canadian government to log on those lands. The US says that the Canadian government doesn't charge enough to those companies and that represents an unfair subsidy from the government. Historically the US imposes tariffs prompted from complaints from the US lumber producers. Canada appeals the tariffs to the tribunals set up in our trade agreements and Canada almost always wins. In the mean time lumber prices in the US are higher than they otherwise would be and the prices to build a house in the US is thousands of dollars higher than it needs to be.

Winners - US Lumber Producers

Losers - Canadian Lumber Producers
- Everybody else in the United States since houses and other lumber products become much more expensive than they need to be.
Bob

#672 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Today, 07:25 AM

View PostScrim, on 25 April 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Cut poor Bob some slack.
When all you ever do is appeal to authority to make your case, from time to time you're going to step on your dick and accidentally cite a hoax.

stupid me also trying to supply background and facts that back up my positions as opposed to just saying something like because midwestern steel workers don't have jobs that makes trade bad.
Bob

#673 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted Today, 07:45 AM

Of course it amounts to a government subsidy and yes, dumped products do indeed result in cheaper products for the American consumer but at the direct expense of American jobs. Save .10 cents on the front side, costs us $1 on the back side (or whatever the ratio is).

Winners: Free Market Economics
Losers: People who hate freedom.

Now you just wait and see what happens when we declare Alberta the 51st State. I'll be able to drive to Calgary without those goddamn Canadian Border Clerks turning me away because of my criminal record.

#674 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Today, 07:50 AM

View PostScrim, on 25 April 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Of course it amounts to a government subsidy and yes, dumped products do indeed result in cheaper products for the American consumer but at the direct expense of American jobs. Save .10 cents on the front side, costs us $1 on the back side (or whatever the ratio is).

Winners: Free Market Economics
Losers: People who hate freedom.

Now you just wait and see what happens when we declare Alberta the 51st State.

more jobs for people cutting down trees in the US
less jobs for people building houses or in the companies that manufacture products using wood

remember that there are 25 times more people working in industries that use steel in their products than there are steelworkers making steel in the US for example
Bob

#675 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

Dave Weigel‏Verified account @daveweigel 35m35 minutes ago
Between North Korea saber-rattling and the Canada trade threats, Trump admin now battling all the enemies in Trey Parker/Matt Stone movies.
Bob

#676 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,170 posts

Posted Today, 08:01 AM

Trip Gabriel‏ @tripgabriel 3h3 hours ago
Who benefits from tariffs? This one to increase new home prices 4.2%, cost 4,600 jobs, per a study

In New Trade Front, Trump Slaps Tariff on Canadian Lumber

President Trump's Tariff On Canadian Softwood Lumber Imports Will Hurt America Most
Bob

#677 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 23,975 posts

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Except that house prices are rising due to lack of product meaning soon large house builders will begin large building cycle.
Pretending cost of lumber is the deciding factor in home building is like saying cost of silver determines whether you buy an iPhone.

A few years ago the cost of lumber rose because we were shipping our lumber overseas, because the people there offered more money.

By your logic the government should have put tariffs on lumber sales overseas to keep price for American consumers lower.

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.
Milton Friedman

#678 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 23,975 posts

Posted Today, 10:48 AM

Why you for tariffs Bob?

Milton Friedman

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users