Jack Abramoff On Cnn: Why Does Us Tv Book Bad Guys?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18742919"Several top Republican Congressional aides, Bush White House and administration officials, lobbyists and a Republican congressman were convicted and imprisoned.""Abramoff ultimately pleaded guilty to federal corruption charges. He also lied to his clients and evaded taxes.""...illustrates the contempt its producers have for its audience, says Ron Powers, a Pulitzer Prize-winning television critic."It's a way of saying to the viewer: 'We put this guy on the air not because he has any particular expertise, but because we have a strong suspicion you don't read much, and here is a name that you can maybe titter over,'" he says."Why so many americans religiously believe what their entertainment 'news' shows tell them to believe, I'll never know....

Doesn't have any expertise? Who better to explain why lobbying is scummy and awful than a guy who went to jail for being a scumbag lobbyist? The idea that going to jail means you never had any expertise in anything is laughable even for you.He was also on bill maher and it was a really, really interesting interview.Wow, that article is just a nightmare. Yeah, having a former, big-time lobbyist on to talk about the impact of a bill on lobbying efforts is totallllllly bonkers.

Doesn't have any expertise? Who better to explain why lobbying is scummy and awful than a guy who went to jail for being a scumbag lobbyist? The idea that going to jail means you never had any expertise in anything is laughable even for you.
what is his expertise on healthcare reform/lobbying? u don't think there r others who could have been booked, and with way more credibility?from the VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH in the article after my last quote, the one u attacked:"People know Abramoff's name, while they are unlikely to know a better informed, less notorious healthcare lobbyist, analysts say."so enjoy your entertainment...and being played like a fool...
He was also on bill maher and it was a really, really interesting interview.
i see u already do that (re: my reply above).
Wow, that article is just a nightmare. Yeah, having a former, big-time lobbyist on to talk about the impact of a bill on lobbying efforts is totallllllly bonkers.
do u even realize u r supporting the article's view?

I don't think you understand what being played for a fool means. Even if he had nothing of value to add (unlikely), it really wouldn't change anything. It's just a bunch of talking heads speculating. Abramoff may be a scumbag but he was connected in the inner circles of Washington far more than the random you'd prefer.Your article's real problem seems to be that 24 hour news invariably results in segments that are full of speculation and yapping and meaningless projection about a bill that's not even been implemented yet. I wouldn't disagree with that. but that's a complete side issue as to whether it's appropriate to have a former high level lobbyist talk about lobbying.On the other hand, the interview with Maher was interesting and informative and you are the one doing yourself a disservice by dismissing it without having watched it.Bob, that would be amazing.

Also, there's a reason a current lobbyist won't come on the show. It would negatively impact their job. The fact that this escapes you and the author of that article is pretty telling that you are both completely out of your depth.

...from the VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH in the article after my last quote, the one u attacked......so enjoy your entertainment...and being played like a fool...
Oh Irony thy name is Alanis.My Hypocrisy Detector just committed suicide.
  • 2 weeks later...