what level of donkey am i?

$1/$2 no limit live at the MGM grand. Table is incredibly loose/passive. Average 5 players limping in to every pot with fairly donk behavior post flop (call a $40 bet in $10 pot with second pair in a five way flop, OK) Session had not gone well and first buy-in left the right way when someone spiked an ace against my queens after I moved in on a Jack-high flop.Anyway it's been two hours and I haven't stacked a pot yet. I've got $91 and 5 people limp in ahead of me when I'm in the cutoff. I try to change my luck by rolling my cards. I have 3-across hearts and 3-across clubs so I limp without looking at the rest of it. (3-across is either 6, 7, or 8 so I've either got a medium pair or a connector and would limp with any of those) Button limps, small blind limps and BB checks. Before the flop comes down I decide to recheck my cards - but only for suit and try covering the rank and looking at the picture under it. I partially fail and see the 6 :heart:9 Players, $18 pot.FLOP K :club: Q :D 8 :diamond:Checked around, and I check since my best hand is 86.9 Players, $18 pot.TURN: [K :diamond: Q :club: 8 :diamond:] 7 :club:Check to me again and I decide to re-check my cards, 8:club: "Ha, I have my best possible hand and it still blows." 8 :D "WTF?!?! Uh, now don't know what I'm doing." I bet $15. Probably should have over bet the pot there but I caught off guard by my hole cards. Two of the players in front of me call. They both have about $200 left.3 Players, $63 pot.TURN: [K :diamond: Q :club: 8 :diamond: 7 :club:] A :club:First player comes out betting $50. He's a major league donkey and could be betting with a ton of hands but I think the ace helped him. I don't know if it's the flush, straight, aces-up, AT or just some random berzerko bluff. The other guy thinks for a while and then calls. He's a tight player so I'm sure he's got a good hand but not the flush. Could be A :D Q:diamond:/7:diamond: or the JT straight. Getting over 3:1 I call hoping to see aces up.On a scale of 1-10 how big a donkey was I?

I have a great idea for you..... look at your fcking cards!!!! stop guessing at what you might have and look at your cards!!!

• 2 months later...

John is that you? I have a friend who tries to rationalize similar scenarios.Yeah, you can't beat anything, this play is off the charts donkey.

Before the flop comes down I decide to recheck my cards - but only for suit and try covering the rank and looking at the picture under it. I partially fail and see the 6 :club:
You failed in your attempt to -not- look at your cards. Monty

Here's a tip. If you're not going to look at your cards, then you should definitely be bluffing in spots like this. If you don't look at your cards and then try to win by hitting good cards, well.... there's no way in hell that you're going to be scooping any pots.Oh, and I want to give an honorable mention level yellow donkey award to whoever bumped this thread from three months ago. Seriously, how f^cking bored are you.