was this right (qq

what should i have done here differently with qq.PokerStars Game #3211470574: Tournament #15890659, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2005/12/01 - 15:37:51 (ET)Table '15890659 15' Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: l33twingman (3690 in chips) Seat 2: crocd99 (12360 in chips) Seat 3: Indy_Hawkeye (3065 in chips) Seat 5: Buckowski (5815 in chips) Seat 6: Yogi (1840 in chips) Seat 8: tiger1963 (540 in chips) Seat 9: bloody_ulcer (2120 in chips) bloody_ulcer: posts small blind 75l33twingman: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to crocd99 [Qs Qd]jroll83 is connected crocd99: raises 300 to 450MoSlicK is connected Indy_Hawkeye: folds Buckowski: raises 300 to 750Yogi: folds tiger1963: folds bloody_ulcer: folds l33twingman: folds crocd99: calls 300*** FLOP *** [6h Ad 4d]Yogi said, "beaches r giid"crocd99: checks Buckowski: bets 750crocd99: calls 750*** TURN *** [6h Ad 4d] [3c]crocd99: checks Buckowski: bets 1350crocd99: folds Buckowski collected 3225 from potBuckowski: shows [8h 8c] (a pair of Eights)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3225 | Rake 0 Board [6h Ad 4d 3c]Seat 1: l33twingman (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: crocd99 folded on the TurnSeat 3: Indy_Hawkeye folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Buckowski collected (3225)Seat 6: Yogi folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: tiger1963 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: bloody_ulcer (small blind) folded before Flop

With these chip stacks and a min- re-raise from the villain I think I would fire back with a strong re-raise pre flop. Its not going to cripple you, but would force him to decide whether to play the hand all the way or not. It saves you the quandary of what to do when an A or K flops. If he re-raises pre-flop you are behind to AA, KK, or he is playing AK, which says fold to me.As it was played I dont like the flop call. Either read him for an A or KK and get out, or push him in.Now you get to the turn and he bets 1350 into a 3225 pot, giving you 2.5:1 odds. As it was played...min re-raise, probe bet with a scary board (from his perspective) and weakness from you. Do you think youve got a 29% chance that he is playing with an underpair? (I may be being results oriented here, but I'm pretty sure I call with that betting line).

yeah copernicus great call on the reraise. It's something that I normally wouldn't think of, I'm not saying I would fold in that situation, but given most tourney structures I would decide between all in or fold. But with the chip stacks that you have, definetely popping it up again is a great idea.Other than that you shouldn't call the flop bet, you have to make your decision earlier about whether he has AA, KK, or AK or nothing in that situation. Although if you're quite sure you have him beat, then calling him down rather than raising is a great way to extract chips from him, because he'd probably fold to any heat you give him. But that would require a very accurate read on him and his hand.wwdd

On the flop if you're not willing to give him credit for an ace you should be doing the betting. If you lead at the flop and he calls or raises then you can easily lay down your queens. But by checking and calling you've got no clue and being out of position you give him the green light to go ahead and bluff you out of the pot.