my instructional dvd: a review

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the DVD on 1/30 and was stupid enought to pay the extra money for quick shipping (stupid because others have posted that they did not pay and already received it) yet I have not received the DVD yet. Last Wednesday I called and they asked me to let them know if I did not receive it by Friday. I just called and told them I still did not receive it and they told me to call if I do not get it by this Friday and they will ship me another. (Wow, I am glad I expedited this.)I proceeded to ask for a refund of the shipping charges and they asked the supervisor who said "NO". They said the supervisor said it was the USPS not them (but I paid extra). I asked to speak to the supervisor and they told me they were too busy to talk, but they could pass along a message. Is this really the way you want to run this business? Either way I will get the credit because my credit card company will see to that, but treating customers this way is no way to keep people happy! It makes me hope the DVD never comes.

• 3 months later...

After a 14 week wait Ihave received my copy of this DVD.My review. Excellent.For those of you experienced players, you will not learn to much more but I feel the advanced section will confirm or reinforce many things that you are probably already doing. If your not than good thing you're getting the DVD. It has giving me confidence in my game and has reaffirmed me to sticking to my gameplan.I though intermediate section was excellent but some items may still be a little advanced compared to what was taught in the beginner section.Beginner section was really good and played things out a little different than other players would but gives you a system to use until you gain confidence.Well done DVD. I'm sure there are tons more 'secrets the pros use' that are not being used but I was pleased with the content and style of the DVD.I can shuffle chips now too.I was extremely upset about the turnaround on receiving this DVD but must say that FCP did do all they could in fixing my issue and after a lot of phone calls, so did the distributers.If TV learning is better for you than reading, this would be a good DVD for most people to have on hand in their collection.Thanks DN and FCP.

• 1 month later...

well I just ordered it myself and feel like I just got a new one ripped by the mtver'ssales price was a mere $19.99 (thanks Daniel!)but then they automatically added $9.30 for shipping and handling-this was the bare minimum level of service offered--USPS "priority mail" which in reality only costs about $4.00 or so--which means that they are padding about $5.00 per order with "HANDLING" feesthen they also insisted on adding sales tax ( a rarity for internet sales indeed ) but I think they actually calculated the sales tax based on the price AFTER adding shipping and handling, which is NOT correct, but just another ripoffDaniel--you need to put your foot down with those yahoos dude!Hopefully this vid will be everything I hope it will be--and I certainly hope I don't see excessive delays in shipping as others here have mentioned.

UPDATE:Package arrived in 3 business days! Wooohooo! Now if I could just stop watching it :D Thanks Daniel, for an excellent product!BTW, looks like I've been playing "small ball" for quite awhile without realizing what I was doing--or why?? It's a concept that is certainly more advanced than am I, but it seems to work well for me nevertheless (at least against the typical tourist wanna be player) :D and oh yeah, excellent concept for picking up chicks in the poker room and taking them up to see your "poker table" in your hotel suite :club:

• 2 weeks later...

A well done instructional video-nice work Daniel.I gave my copy to a good friend who could use the advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey daniel, how's about offering it up for sale on FCP or Amazon for people like me who can't order from MTV because I'm an APO address and the yuppie scumbags over there are too lazy to add AE and AP as states to their software.
You can get it with your FCP points from the store. I just ordered mine a couple days ago. Go check it out!http://store.fullcontactpoker.com
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got the DVD as a present from my boyfriend and I must say I love watching over and over again. Very simple, easy-to-understand explanations. Straight to the point. Thanks for teaching us the pros strategy.Great job, Daniel. I am looking forward to watch your next work of art ;)P.S Lol...I gotta buy a new computer, for my son to let me play stacked. Ever since I've got your game, there is no way I can touch the keyboard unless he is at school or sleeping.

• 1 month later...

The advanced section is great. If someone has not read any poker books or watched any decent videos, this will be a great video. For those of us that have, the advanced section is worth the price of the dvd. Didnt like it as well as Phil Gordon's video however. Im glad I didnt judge the dvd based on the video game. (The video game is just plain bad....at least in my opinion)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy sometime back and really think it's the best produced.I never really understood small ball much before the video but now I do.Just wish the video went into more depth on poker tables, like how to play on loose tables with maiiacs, or how to win more at a tight table, it was covered but i wish Daniel made this a 5 hour DVD with all his poker knowledge.Still AA DVD, I highly recommend it!

I play Stacked regularly on my PSP when I'm not at home, and I actually got my first real poker knowledge before I took the game seriously from the instructional videos.After watching the companion DVD, I feel like I've taken another step that is just as large. Thanks Daniel!! AA for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I want it to..... Because I like Daniel and he has the same nationality as i do(Romanian) i would like to bye this one, not to download it from torrents. Can you tell me Daniel, when can I Buy it online...cause on Mtv they don't ship it to Germany and on FCP there out of order. ThanksGreets Razvan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently got my last month a watched it a few weeks later. Thought it was exceptional. I loved how DN didnt just tailor the DVD towards a certain group of players, i.e. beginners, advanced, etc. He gave a little of each so no matter what level player you are, you can find something new to learn. I feel this DVD is excellent for beginner players and have highly recommended it to friends who are new to the game.

• 2 months later...

My review of the dvd is that that it is excellent. I feel that it helped my game more than any other instructional item I have ever used. I would like to thank Daniel personally for making this dvd available to us all. I watched it one time and it was like everything I had been learning up till that point all began to make sense. It was a pivotal moment in my poker career where everything clicked and immediently after watching the dvd I began winning like never before.

Daniel did an excellent job with this video. It is great for beginners as it is easy to understand. Even if you've been playing poker for a while you would like this video.

• 1 year later...