Just seeing if anyone else would be interested. If there is enough interest we can work out the details later. My only rule would be that the league is for no money. Pure fantasy.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure fantasy.
Well apparently this is my fantasy because I won the league 10 years straight. Also you were in the basement for 9 of those years. The one year you weren't the laughingstock of the league, you made the finals against me. But, then you decided that going out on a date with a human girl was more important than updating your rosters for the final game. Apparently you had made a change for the second to last day of the season but forgot it would screw up the roster assignments for the last day of the season. Anyway, you lost and reminded everyone why you were the laughingstock of the league. Furthermore, the girl you went out with heard about your fantasy skills (the lack of them I mean) and decided she needed to be with a real man. After not finding a real man to her liking, she came to me. And we laughed all the way to the bank where we realized we only had $19.57 in our joint account. We had to go inside to withdraw our money when suddenly a robbery took place. One of the robbers dropped a lotto ticket and guess what? We won. In your face.

I know almost nothing about the makeup of the NBA today, have traditionally sucked at or neglected fantasy leagues, which I've tried twice, once when I was 15, and have no experience with "keeper" leagues at all. But it sounds fun, if we're just playing for bragging rights, maybe. Don't count me in for sure, but I'm interested

As long as no one drafts Ginobili in the first 3 rounds, I'm in. I will not be held hostage for my love!
i wont speak for others, but you can have him.
i wont speak for others, but you can have him.
I was joking. Ginobili clearly won't get out of the first round! But yeah, whatever, I'll join keeper league. I'd rather play for money, but if no one wants to do that I'd do it for pride.
I was joking. Ginobili clearly won't get out of the first round! But yeah, whatever, I'll join keeper league. I'd rather play for money, but if no one wants to do that I'd do it for pride.
i know you were. we just need a few more people to commit to this thing.

Can someone point me a) a basic strategy guide for keeper leagues and b ) a break down of the best fantasy basketball players? I'd like to do this, but I don't even whether or not Ginobili should go in the first round.

I have no idea how fantasy works. I would think he's around a 3-4th rounder. I think you want guys that are stat sheet fillers. People like Marion, Garnett, etc. They get lots of boards, good fg%, and still come up with points. I am quite sure that I'm not the fantasy basketball guru though.

Can someone point me a) a basic strategy guide for keeper leagues and b ) a break down of the best fantasy basketball players? I'd like to do this, but I don't even whether or not Ginobili should go in the first round.
I personally havent ever read any strategy guide and I won the H2H league in my first year and was Lebron and Antwan jamison sitting on the final day from winning it this year. So it cant be too hard to figure out. Yahoo, where our league will be, if we have it, ranks all the players. And while seasoned players may disagree, I found the rankings very helpful in my first year. And you can just click on the player and see all his stats. That is pretty much all the analysis you will need.and in an 8 team league like this one, manu is about a fourth or fifth rounder, at best.

the rankings are a good guide.if you follow the NBA and who has moved where in the offseason it helps too. Whether it's a guy moving so someone else can take some of his minutes, someone coming to a new team and filling in someone elses role or whatever, this is important.Really until you know what the rules of the specific league are, it's very difficult to say. What categories are being used? How many players are on a team? Is it a head to head or a roto league? How many keeper players do we get?Since it's keeper, younger guys are more valuable. If you're choosing between LeBron and Garnett, this could be a big factor. Obviously you can't go wrong with either but you have to consider that one of them is 23 and the other is 32. There's a lot of factors to choose from as you're building a team not just taking the 'best' player.

the rankings are a good guide.if you follow the NBA and who has moved where in the offseason it helps too. Whether it's a guy moving so someone else can take some of his minutes, someone coming to a new team and filling in someone elses role or whatever, this is important.Really until you know what the rules of the specific league are, it's very difficult to say. What categories are being used? How many players are on a team? Is it a head to head or a roto league? How many keeper players do we get?Since it's keeper, younger guys are more valuable. If you're choosing between LeBron and Garnett, this could be a big factor. Obviously you can't go wrong with either but you have to consider that one of them is 23 and the other is 32. There's a lot of factors to choose from as you're building a team not just taking the 'best' player.
good point. with a keeper league, go younger.this league would have all the basic stats. points, rebounds, assists, FG %, FT %, 3pt FG made, blocks, steals, turnovers. league vote would determine H2H or roto.

I'm not sure I'd want to play if it wasn't 10 people, fyi.still lots of time for any of us to stop coming here, for 10 more people to want in the league, or for the internet to get ransacked by cyber-terrorists who force us to watch kittens eat wet food while watching the first four seasons of law and order. We all know how kittens feel about Ben Stone.A big problem is with no money involved the incentive for it to actually be keeper and have people stick around is minimal. Though, at the same time, I don't want to put money online for this. We'll see when the time comes what's going on with this.

I'm not sure I'd want to play if it wasn't 10 people, fyi.still lots of time for any of us to stop coming here, for 10 more people to want in the league, or for the internet to get ransacked by cyber-terrorists who force us to watch kittens eat wet food while watching the first four seasons of law and order. We all know how kittens feel about Ben Stone.A big problem is with no money involved the incentive for it to actually be keeper and have people stick around is minimal. Though, at the same time, I don't want to put money online for this. We'll see when the time comes what's going on with this.
fair enough. 10 is a good number, i just figured we would have serious trouble getting there. So 8 seemed like a good target number and if the interest was high from those interested we could go at it with 7 for the first year. but you're right, we've got a while to figure it out.

My best guess to make it work would be not recruiting people either. Just cuz if it's people we post with in here a decent bit the chances of it staying together and people trying is higher. FCPBob? Suited_Up? Poppy? Ko3e? Canebrain? Those are the names that come to mind for me.

• 3 weeks later...