• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And actually musically knowledgeable. It's nice to have a judge who knows something about making music instead of selling it.

It's reassuring to hear you say that.

I think the show would have been a huge success, regardless. Especially with celebrity judges.   Take the Voice, who gave a fck about Blake and Adam back then? I mean, Maroon5? Cmon.    

HArry is the best judge they've ever had by a mile. He's light years better than #2, which is Simon.

What is meant by better judge? A judge who is more knowledgeable about music and helpful to the contestants, or a judge who is less knowledgeable but way more entertaining.

Simon is more entertaining than Harry and it's not close

Because Tanner is mostly wrong?

Harry is more helpful and honest without being mean. And he's been crazy funny during these auditions thus far. Harry wins

Simon was great for a few years, but I like mean people, especially when it's mean to idiots.

AI was preying upon some legit retarded people by airing some of those auditions. That saddened me. They dialed that back a ton.

The chubby black kid that played an original song on acoustic was pretty awesome. The song was very good too. That was a combo of being good and me having low expectations.

our definitions of best judge are different. In my definition the ratings prove my point

People watched the show to both watch the singers and to see what Simon had to say. Now they are watching just to see the singers (that's why they don't show many bad auditions anymore). If any of you tell me that you watch because you want to see Harry then you are a bs'er

With that said I do enjoy Harry as a judge like everyone else, but when I decide to watch idol he doesn't factor in my decision to watch it.

Again if we are judging best judge by who provides the most good advice and who has the most music knowledge then for sure Harry is the best. But I don't care about that shit I want to be entertained, give me Simon.

Simon, Harry, Paula, Nicki Minaj... now there's a lineup. Would be the highest rated season ever

If Randy and Steven Tyler were still judges, I probably woulda skipped it.

Also, they are in season 14. The shine has worn off, hence the ratings decline. Simon knew this would happen and left. If Simon were a draw, wouldn't X Factor be bigger?

The show was the draw in the early seasons. It was new and different

The x-factor concept was really bad and the judges couldn't make up for that. The difference between idol and x-factor is that on idol anyone can make it singing any kind of music. X-factor was solely pop music which didn't work. Pop music is driving the music industry right now, but not the TV industry. People don't want to watch pop music crap on TV. Simon can't change that.

American idol is still one of the highest rated shows because of the concept, if Simon came back it would sky rocket again to where it was when he left. The voice is also huge because of the concept and the judges. If Blake or Adam left and Harry Connick replaces them the show loses ratings regardless of how knowledgeable Harry is.

In my definition the ratings prove my point

This is not a well thought-out argument. The show has been on for 15 years.

Yes.

Yeah I hear this a lot when I'm right about this stuff and nobody can prove their point

Fine, go on believing that Harry Connick is better than Simon. Like I care

This is not a well thought-out argument. The show has been on for 15 years.

Do you honestly think the show would have blown up season 1 with Harry Connick instead of Simon. lol I'm dying right now.

But I'm wrong about everything!!!

Do you honestly think the show would have blown up season 1 with Harry Connick instead of Simon.

The show was the draw in the early seasons. It was new and different

So that is a yes you do think the show would be huge with Harry instead of Simon? I need a translator

and again lol

Do you think The Voice is huge just because of the concept, or do you think the judges are a huge part of their success?

As to my thoughts on this season.

I'm enjoying the auditions. They have a wide range of people with different skills and background.

My problem is that it seems like all the unique voices and personalities all don't have stage presence. The only ones who have a shot are the cookie cutter pop and r&b singers who already have experience. I hate when the judges say something like "your voice isn't the best but you have the look." I think that is the main reason I have stopped watching the past few seasons when they get to the top 12. Too many of the "top contenders" aren't unique and they sing pop songs that I just don't like

I think the show would have been a huge success, regardless. Especially with celebrity judges.

Take the Voice, who gave a fck about Blake and Adam back then? I mean, Maroon5? Cmon.

• Like 1

Ron, Both Blake and Adam were huge A list celebrities before The Voice. Get with it old man

They did get more famous because of the show,

I'll give you that. Cee-Lo is the only one who needed the show.

C-Lo was awesomely creepy and odd

Huge A listers? Nooooo way. Maybe they were music celebs, but they weren't on the J-Lo level.

Remember, I'm old so I have my finger on the pulse of household names, because in theory, that's all I should know.

• Like 1

So that is a yes you do think the show would be huge with Harry instead of Simon? I need a translator

and again lol

Do you think The Voice is huge just because of the concept, or do you think the judges are a huge part of their success?

Read all the old Ai threads Tanner. I've always been the biggest Simon proponent/apologist.

I think he was great at the beginning. However, Harry is like Simon 2.0. He's harshly honest, funny, and really really knows his stuff musically. That makes him better than Simon overall.

I think Simon would be the best choice to start the show if we went back in a time machine. I think Harry is the best judge overall and it's not close.

I mean, at the time Windows 95 was AWESOME! But there is no way I would choose it over Windows 7 now.