Clonie Gowen Suing Basically Everyone At Ftp

Filed yesterday http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-nvd.../case_id-62859/

Plaintiff: Cycalona GowenDefendant: Full Tilt Poker, Tiltware LLC, Pocket Kings Ltd., Kolyma Corporation, A.V.V., Raymond J. Bitar, Howard Lederer, Andrew Bloch, Phillip Ivey, Christopher Ferguson, John Juanda, Phillip Gordon, Erick Lindgren, Erik Seidel, Jennifer Harman-Traniello, Michael Matusow, Allen Cunningham, Gus Hansen and Patrick Antonious
Pretty massive insight into the ownership/leadership of FTP.
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on 4.Some sort of contract dispute.She probably finally found out how much Ivey makes/month and decided to sue for more on account of her having bigger tits than Ivey.

From 4...

In the complaint, she alleges the following ---Breach of contract/fiduciary duties case...In 2004, Clonie was offered (and accepted) 1% ownership of Tiltware and FTP in exchange for being a celebrity representative...Has worn FTP merchandise and promoted FTP in exchange for that ownership interest (no other compensation)...In May 2007, all Team FTP members received distribution checks but her...she demanded distribution owed to her, refused...Nov 6, 2007, Lederer offered to pay her $250k for her past performance on behalf of company, she refused cuz only fraction of what was owed to her...Clonie estimates company worth $4 billion...---Will continue reading and posting....this is just first couple of pages.
If she has the paper work about the 1 percent ownership, then they are going to be pretty owned. If not, SOL. LOL @ giving clownie 1 percent, she's the most imagined "pro" i've ever seen.
Cycalona is gonna win this case you can book it
Well, it depends how lawyered up she is. It's a solid lock that team full tilt has a better legal defense. But, if she can produce a contract, and they can't prove she breeched it, then well.. not much to be done. LOL @ howard offering her 250K, btw.
From 4...If she has the paper work about the 1 percent ownership, then they are going to be pretty owned. If not, SOL. LOL @ giving clownie 1 percent, she's the most imagined "pro" i've ever seen.
It's no worse than having Phil Gordon as a "pro" But, it is interesting to see all the co-defendants in the suit. Do you really think all those people had a say in whether or not Clonie got her 1%?
It's no worse than having Phil Gordon as a "pro" But, it is interesting to see all the co-defendants in the suit. Do you really think all those people had a say in whether or not Clonie got her 1%?
I think that phil gordon is a pro because. A) he wrote a book. B ) He had the money from a previous job to invest a percentage into a start up company.
I think that phil gordon is a pro because. A) he wrote a book. B ) He had the money from a previous job to invest a percentage into a start up company.
Yeah, I'm sure his investment is the main reason....and I know he did FT the ME way back when, so maybe that recognition got him included also. Either way, I still think he's a douche.
Yeah, I'm sure his investment is the main reason....and I know he did FT the ME way back when, so maybe that recognition got him included also. Either way, I still think he's a douche.
He's not on my buddy list either but he did win two WPT tournaments as well. Cyclona only won a ladies night game.
He's not on my buddy list either but he did win two WPT tournaments as well. Cyclona only won a ladies night game.
True....I can only remember him winning the Shooting Stars where Moneymaker finished 2nd though....what was his other win?
True....I can only remember him winning the Shooting Stars where Moneymaker finished 2nd though....what was his other win?
Aruba, but looking into it now it was the "Pro" side.He had good cred early on in the poker boom but it's now a case of what have you done lately, and don't be such an arse.
When you sue someone, might as well sue everyone, doesn't really cost anymore to add a few names... the innocent parties will be sorted out and removed from the lawsuitAlso, she's going to be absolutely hated on for this for her entire life, is she aware of that?
When you sue someone, might as well sue everyone, doesn't really cost anymore to add a few names... the innocent parties will be sorted out and removed from the lawsuitAlso, she's going to be absolutely hated on for this for her entire life, is she aware of that?[/quote 10 million or so might ease the pain of being hated.
Also, she's going to be absolutely hated on for this for her entire life, is she aware of that?
One LOLtwo, she shouldn't be hated on by anyone by this, other than maybe howard lederer. It's just a contract dispute, if they owe her money contractually, then they should pay it. I think this makes howard Et al look worse and sleazier for trying to not pay her, than it does for Clonie for trying to get her moneythree someone already said this, but it bears repeating. who gives a fck? Once she has her 1 percent , she can pretty much retire from public life if she wants to. Do you think the respect of forum boarding nerds is worth millions of dollars?
One LOLtwo, she shouldn't be hated on by anyone by this, other than maybe howard lederer. It's just a contract dispute, if they owe her money contractually, then they should pay it. I think this makes howard Et al look worse and sleazier for trying to not pay her, than it does for Clonie for trying to get her moneythree someone already said this, but it bears repeating. who gives a fck? Once she has her 1 percent , she can pretty much retire from public life if she wants to. Do you think the respect of forum boarding nerds is worth millions of dollars?
Athough I agree with you 100% that if she wins her 1%, she's set for life, I think they were referring to the fact that she will be hated on by the poker community, who most likely will have Howard's and the other pro's back(s). But, $10-20 mill will sure ease that pain.
Athough I agree with you 100% that if she wins her 1%, she's set for life, I think they were referring to the fact that she will be hated on by the poker community, who most likely will have Howard's and the other pro's back(s). But, $10-20 mill will sure ease that pain.
Well, again, she may be hated by the online poker community, but they don't exactly love her to begin with anyway. And, I doubt she'll be hated by the non-tilt pros in the "superstar" community, because I mean, it's just a contract dispute, and what she's doing isn't something that any one of us didn't do. Again, if her allegations are true, they are basically trying to steal millions of dollars from her. That's not right. It doesn't matter how bad of a player she is or if she "deserves" the money or not. She deserves it because she's contractually guaranteed it.