omaha starting hands

hey folks.i'm rather new to omaha (pot limit is what i've been playing, not 8/B), and was looking for some guidance as to what hole cards people want to see flops with. i mean, sure aakk double suited is the best hand, but what about having say, a pair and two rags? what i've been doing is seeing the flop with a pair, if my other two cards have decent drawing chances. last night, i was dealt 8833, and decided to fold, as i figured there were only four cards that helped me out. was this a bonehead move on my part? any help, advice, criticism and/or witty remarks would would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

I'm no omaha pro for sure, but you thought process seems pretty good. There's a great Omaha section in Supersystem 2 that you may want to check out.Basically you really want hand that can draw to straights and flushes. Pairs are pretty much no good in my book unless that are AA, KK or QQ and I don't really like those either. The problem with pairs is you can get in a lot of trouble laying down trips once you hit. I just play pair with a lot of caution.I love hands like 4,2,6,7. You can hit a lot of draws in the middle with that hand. I won a huge pot with this hand the other night when someone thought there wheel str8 was good and I had it to the 6.Hands like K,K,7,2 are crap. Even when you have AA, you need some other cards to go with it or prepare to get rid of them to a lot of action.

high nut wrap hands are great. You want to draw to the nuts at all times so middle wraps are almost worth;ess most of the time. There is no point in drawing to second best hands. Double suited is good, but don't get in love with a hand if its double suited, you need the nuts almost all of the time