10 Buck Nlhe Hu Turbo Tourney (256 Max)

feral_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows sucked on each other's cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$5.00) t15/t30 - 2 playersBB: t1,410 Button: t1,590 (Hero)Preflop: (t45) Hero is Button with As.gifAd.gif (2 players)Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30Flop: (t120) Kd.gif4s.gifJc.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets t90, BB calls t90Turn: (t300) Qd.gif (2 players)BB bets t120, Hero calls t120River: (t540) Kh.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets t270, BB raises to t750, Hero foldsBB collected t1080Is my river fold okay? I just could not figure out what I'm beating here short of a straight bluff. The fact that he check raises really threw me for a loop. Admittedly NLHE HU is one of my worst games...that said I feel like i'm at least getting a little better at the ebb and flow. Does he really check/raise Kx here after leading out on the turn? I feel like I got hijacked here, but I just really didn't feel like this guy was just about stacking off on a desperation river bluff either.

Hand #2.Well i survived the above matchup. Made it to the 5th match (sweet 16). Top 8 pay out. Like 4th hand this comes up? What's the right play? I love my hand post flop....what should I be doing? Check turn for pot control? Check river and make really tough decision on his bet? Or are 3 streets of betting okay, setting sizing up for a river all in? I dunno. I hope this is a cooler hand and nothing more. I'm novice enough tho that it's well worth the questionferal_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$5.00) t10/t20 - 2 playersBB: t1,480 (Hero)Button: t1,520 Preflop: (t30) Hero is BB with 3c.gifKd.gif (2 players)Button raises to t40, Hero calls t20Flop: (t80) 3s.gifQd.gifKc.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t40, Hero raises to t140, Button calls t100Turn: (t360) 9h.gif (2 players)Hero bets t280, Button calls t280River: (t920) 6c.gif (2 players)Hero bets t1020 and is all-in, Button calls t1020Hero showed 3c.gifKd.gif, and lost with two pair, Kings and ThreesButton showed 3h.gif3d.gif, and won (2960) with three of a kind, Threes

I think you played both hands perfectly. Second one just fold preflop, yeah it's only a minraise but you don't want yourself getting involved with hands like k3 oop. Rest of the hand is just a cooler.I don't think there's anything you can do differently in hand 1, good sizing, flatting turn is way better than any other option, and river is an easy bet/fold.nhs.

I think in hand 1, I just check back the river. This is a scary board because some decent holdings have you beat. I can only really see getting paid by a random J or QT. In my opinion it's ok to miss value in those specific spots to prevent losing more than we have to. I realize this might be too passive, but early on in heads up, that's how I'd play it.

im fine with hand 1. you could mayyyybe check the turn on hand one, but void of reads i would be bet folding. and maybe betting slightly bigger to not give away we are bet folding. depends on how the game has gone so far a little. but in a vacuum fine.hand 2, just dont call OOP preflop unless you have some metagame play in mind. i just hate calling OOP pre for the most part like 90% of all spots. sometimes good but most the time no bueno

What Ian said!Also, I agree that hand 2 is a cooler, except folding pre is wayyyy better! But you should exclude results so we're not biased
I tried hiding results in 2nd hand, but it just hid text and still showed the bright, colorful, feral cow cards :)thx guys.

omg didnt even read past preflop on hand 2. i would be playing the hand so differently. checking the flop is the only thing we have that is the same tbh. c/r isnt terrible on the flop tbh. def pot control the turn. river as played isnt bad, but i think its thin this early to be getting it in with top nothing kicker. i would prefer to have some metagame set up b4 im trying to rep a busted st8 draw and try to induce a hero call.

omg didnt even read past preflop on hand 2. i would be playing the hand so differently. checking the flop is the only thing we have that is the same tbh. c/r isnt terrible on the flop tbh. def pot control the turn. river as played isnt bad, but i think its thin this early to be getting it in with top nothing kicker. i would prefer to have some metagame set up b4 im trying to rep a busted st8 draw and try to induce a hero call.
Thx for responding without "even reading past preflop".Now if you reread a 3rd time, plz note I flop two pair.Dude, you so tilt me.
READ THE FUCKING HAND BEFORE YOU POST FOR GODSAKES

I mean admittedly its not like my advice is necessarily that great...and I'm sometimes prone to missing facts in hands before responding as well. that said I never respond knowingly not having read the hand. I mean you respond to every single new strat question.participation is cool, don't get me wrong, but if you are just pressing keys without reading hands you are actually doing a disservice to any new member who might actually put stock in your response.Honestly the last 5 responses I've seen from you in strat threads of mine have been some of the most far off thinking, or lack thereof, in strat response history.Not hating, just saying.