feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t10/t20 - 8 playersMP: t640 HJ: t1,470 CO: t1,500 Button: t2,640 (Hero)SB: t1,480 BB: t2,950 UTG: t1,500 UTG+1: t1,500 Preflop: (t30) Hero is Button with Qc.gifAh.gif (8 players)UTG folds, 2 folds, HJ folds, CO raises to t80, Hero raises to t160, 2 folds, CO raises to t1500 and is all-in, Hero ?
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.00+$0.20) t10/t20 - 8 playersMP: t640 HJ: t1,470 CO: t1,500 Button: t2,640 (Hero)SB: t1,480 BB: t2,950 UTG: t1,500 UTG+1: t1,500 Preflop: (t30) Hero is Button with Qc.gifAh.gif (8 players)UTG folds, 2 folds, HJ folds, CO raises to t80, Hero raises to t160, 2 folds, CO raises to t1500 and is all-in, Hero ?
Fold and thank him for forcing you to play correctly.

Thanks for the replies everyone.I made the call and CO turned over 9 10s. (TrueAce must have played this game a couple of times :club: ) I ended up losing the hand but was really just questioning if I should made the call at all.Part of my thinking was the chips that I would have remaining if I called and lost and the chips that I would have if I had won. Good/Bad/Terrible?

i'm not folding AQ in a 2.20...if you lose just fire up another one...i really don't see us being dominated ever here
So as I read the post, I thought clear fold. Why risk half your stack when you've got comfortable chips. And then I read TrueAce13's response and thought for a second that makes sense. But as I thought more I'm still not calling. (But am open to be convinced otherwise)Shouldn't we make the right decision and not take into account the buy-in size? I agree that being dominated seems highly unlikely but I don't like the call. As it stands, we only have one way to win the hand. While the villain has two ways. We fold. He has a better hand.

omg flat pre please god.

omg flat pre please god.
this
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an easy fold regardless of the tourney buy in amount. It makes no sense to risk your stack with AQo at 10/20 level even if put him on air or you know your ahead of his range. AQo doesnt play well post flop against his range, and he may very well show up with KK or AK with an all in 4 bet. I dont buy into the idea that it's just a 2 dollar tourney and if u lose, just load another. There will definitely be better spots ahead to get your chips in against him.

This is an easy fold regardless of the tourney buy in amount. It makes no sense to risk your stack with AQo at 10/20 level even if put him on air or you know your ahead of his range. AQo doesnt play well post flop against his range, and he may very well show up with KK or AK with an all in 4 bet. I dont buy into the idea that it's just a 2 dollar tourney and if u lose, just load another. There will definitely be better spots ahead to get your chips in against him.
wait, what??? if you know your ahead, we should fold? hm, good logic

Did my post get deleted?First time poster here. Long time viewer.Personally, if it were me, I would fold. There's a lot that beats you if your hand doesn't improve, not to mention the AA, KK, QQ hands that just dominate you.Edit: Adding more to that, a lot of people go all in right away in the micros with absolutely nothing because they don't care. For me, money is money. I wouldn't change my play because its micro.

Calling just because it's a small buy-in tournment is bad play not matter what anyone says. Why would you train yourself to make bad plays?
Wrong. So many hands shove in these small tourneys that it is likely +EV long-run to make calls like this VERY early in tourneys.The buy-in DOES affect whether it is bad or good.IE Someone shoving first hand of a WSOP event is not the same as someone shoving first hand of a 0.25 tourney