river move with semi-strong hand (limit he)

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond:, J:spade:. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.Flop: (10 SB) 2:spade:, 7:spade:, Q:club: (4 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button folds.Turn: (6.50 BB) 9:heart: (3 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.River: (8.50 BB) 7:heart: (2 players)Hero ___, ...check/call, bet/call, bet/fold?i'll post my thoughts after a bit. i think this is standard, but i just want to see everyone's replies.aseem

i say check/call. even if he was calling you on the flop with middle pair he now has you beat and will raise you. if he had a queen the whole time he isnt gonna fold. if he had a draw he would fold to a bet anyway. and you might induce a bluff from a missed draw.

Check/Call looks good here. You can pick off a couple bluffs or maybe even weaker pairs that may bet into you. I don't think there's much value in betting, because not many hands that call/raise you here won't have you beat.

yeah, easy standard check/call.just making sure no one was going to start a big argument about why bet/folding is better here. :club: aseem