advice on this set of 8's?

I think I should've 3-bet the flop, other than that I think I played it OK. Comments?PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [8d], [8s]. 3 folds, MP1 calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) [8c], [6s], [Th] (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls.Turn: (6.75 BB) [4d] (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, MP1 calls.River: (15.75 BB) [Qs] (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, MP1 calls.Final Pot: 18.75 BB

hmm...why are we stop-and-go-ing here exactly?is MP3 really, REALLY aggressive?i mean, i feel like you just missed bets here.if you're not three-betting that flop, you usually just call with the intent of checkraising the turn.if you call with the intent of leading the turn anticipating that MP3 will raise, why not three-bet the flop anticipating he'll cap, then checkraise the turn?aseem

I'm not sure why I did it, but I feel like I missed the bet there (and I did).Also, this was one of my first hands at the table so I didn't know much about either player.I'll post results shortly... Other than the missed bet I thought the hand was OK (other than the outcome)

love the flop play...makes it seem like a continuation bet...and though u may have been able to make 1 more sb from everybody u insured that they all continued to call on the turn...3 betting the flop could scare some people out when u are likely way way ahead. Turn and river were perfect...not much else you could do but keep raising every chance you get

Thanks for the feedback..Turns out MP3 called the pre-flop raise with AA, and I had him beat the whole way. MP1 had J9 and played terribly. He check-called the nut straight he was drawing to on the river. So, I lost it :club:

i REALLY don't get the flop-call-turn-lead line. can someone explain?we have two opponents, the raiser to the left and the other to the right.we bet, raiser raises, other cold-calls, we...can either three-bet and it's almost guaranteed that both players will remain in for either one more bet or two, or we can call and checkraise the turn, insuring that other opponent gets trapped for a bet before we raise.leading out into that brick turn and having the raiser raise makes the other guy face two cold. why do we want that?and it just seems like you're missing bets. you can lead the turn all day and every day, but if you're going to lead the turn, why not three-bet the flop?i'm just utterly confused.aseem

Thanks for the feedback..Turns out MP3 called the pre-flop raise with AA, and I had him beat the whole way. MP1 had J9 and played terribly. He check-called the nut straight he was drawing to on the river. So, I lost it :club:
Ahh, the rarely seen but always appreciated value call with the nuts when last to act on the river.
i REALLY don't get the flop-call-turn-lead line. can someone explain?we have two opponents, the raiser to the left and the other to the right.we bet, raiser raises, other cold-calls, we...can either three-bet and it's almost guaranteed that both players will remain in for either one more bet or two, or we can call and checkraise the turn, insuring that other opponent gets trapped for a bet before we raise.leading out into that brick turn and having the raiser raise makes the other guy face two cold. why do we want that?and it just seems like you're missing bets. you can lead the turn all day and every day, but if you're going to lead the turn, why not three-bet the flop?i'm just utterly confused.aseem
its rather simple really, its so we can three bet the big street, how does this not make sense. We just basicaly have to ignore the idiot coldcalling, if he keeps calling that's just a bonus. I pull this line when I can. Tell me, how do we make less $$$ by three betting the turn there instead of three betting the flop, that doesn't make sense at all
I think when we just call the flop raise we're hiding the strength of our hand. A 3 bet on the flop will most likely only get 1 bet out of one or both of them on the turn. He might think we are leading out on thr turn just because we dont want it checked around because we showed some obvious weakness on the flop. Now we've induced a turn raise and git it 3 bet on the higher street.