To whom it may concern, Re: Online Poker

I have a question for the low limit poker players out there. I would like for all of you to tell me what Online poker site you like the most and why. I am only asking low limit players because I want to know which site makes you happier with its freerolls, and low limit options. Most players that would be considered good to better than average had to start from the bottom. Its the breeding ground for new/long term play. :?

What do you consider low limit?I started out playing 2/4 and 3/6. I like Pacific Poker the best simply because I win consistantly there. I read Sklansky pretty heavily and that seamed to work for me at Pacific. I have had bad results at Party Poker, Full Tilt, Paradise Poker and Ultimate Bet. Although, I will say during my first 4 weeks of play I did well at Party and poorly at Pacific. Once I learned how to play that reversed in a drastic way.You should check out the Online Poker Forum here. Lots of good info there.

I play free, $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, $5.00 and $10.00 tourneys.I play Sit and Gos between $5.00 and $10.00.I play ring games from play money up to $.50 to a $1.00.Is this what you are talking about?I am a very low limit gal.

I play free, $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, $5.00 and $10.00 tourneys.I play Sit and Gos between $5.00 and $10.00.I play ring games from play money up to $.50 to a $1.00.Is this what you are talking about?I am a very low limit gal.
I play almost the exact same limits. Once in awhile I'll jump in a 1/2 game... but don't like the swings, same goes for PL $25 room, but I win or lose so fast in there, I have stayed away recently. But I play at Party Poker... and I like it for the most part. Lots of bad players... although sometimes they get hard to deal with, so go in with a very open mind, and keep remembering that those are the players you want to be playing against. I also notice a difference between daytime and night... I started a thread about it in the Online Forum... check that out too. I haven't tried the others out there other than play money... but I am just comfortable with the party poker software.... only downfall I think is the lobby area... they don't give you as much info as some of the other sites, which would be helpful in choosing tables. But as a positive, they just started a great new step-up tournament where you can start with an $11 buy-in and end up winning $9000 just playing 5 sets of 2 table tourneys. It's a good deal, just haven't tried more than once. But it's worth a look at. Well, that's enough blabbing I think, so I hope the info is good.

personally I think Pacific is full of idiots. Really really bad players. Also, I don't really like the interface, just makes me fall asleep and not feel like playing. Now, I play more on Absolute Poker. I like the site, good interface and it's got it's fair share of bad players and some good players. Some players will start dumping money after a while. 1 guy today dumped over $200 at the table, raising and capping every round of betting with nothing for a few hands. That was pretty cool and it turned out to be a profitable session for me tonight.I play typically 2/4 and 3/6, the 3/6 games are much better on Absolute Poker, people actually have a sense of strategy, so it was pretty fun playing on those tables. I've also tried a lot of other sites as well, Party is not bad, but a lot of fish and a lot of action hands as well. Seems everytime you catcha pocket pair, somebody else does too and somebody will flop their set. The good thing about it is you can always find a game at any limit you want.

If you play LL cash games as your main activity Party is the best player base hands down. It has the best game selection, by fare the easiest bonuses to clear etc.The freerolls and small tournaments are better on UB. I'm not a big fan of Stars, frankly. Game slection didn't impress me at $3/$6, but I didn't look into the tournaments and such.One advantage for VERY low limit players who are just starting out is that they not only have extreme micro-limit limit and NL games, they also have $1 Sit and Go's./shrug. Try them all out. Get a Neteller account and make an account at each and move your money where you think you'd like to play the most.

Ok, here's who I think is the best for the very low-limit player. Poker StarsBy far. Her's why1. They have limits Starting at $0.02-$0.04 . This is always good because it means your never out of action until you are completly out of money down to your last penny. I have been under a buck alot of times and i have come back numerous times by going down to the dungeon and working my way back up. 2. They have one vs. one no-limit and limit heads up matches starting at $0.01-$0.02. This can greatly help those players who are trying to improve their heads up game at a very affordable price.3. You can transfer money from player to player very easily and it takes about a couple minutes for the transaction to be complete. I have a couple friends who play and when i'm down to the felt, I would have them transfer me a buck and work from there. A couple times that buck turned into over a thousand dollars. Thats no lie. All i did was start at the bottom, played tight/aggressive and worked my way up. When I Got to about 6-10 bucks, I would take a shot at their $1, $2 or $3 tourneys. And I really enjoy sit n gos. I start at the 5 dollar sits when I have about 15 bucks +. Then move to the 10 dollar sits. If I get beyond 50-70 bucks, Its time to play $2-$4 limit. Then $3-$6. If I can get My bank roll to around $300-$400, Then I take a stabb at the $5-$10 limit. I start with $100 and play extremly tight. The same way I played When I was at the $0.02-$0.04 limit. And If I break through, Its time to cash some money out :D 4. Because of all these limits and options available at Poker Stars, It has greatly improved my game because I have disciplined myself to wait for good situations. If I don't wait, I'll be out of action. I know some of you veterans already know this, But I'm trying to give some advise to the new guys and gals out there that don't have alot of money and want to learn how to play our game.5. There are so many freerolls on Poker Stars, that you can play many tourneys a day to keep your game sharp or sharpen it up. The fields are huge, but it's the practice that I enjoy.When I was in college, I took a marketing class and I will never forget what my Professor said about investing in a new venture. He said that you have to ask yourself two questions before putting up your own capital. First, how much is it going to cost you to go in on this venture? In this case, you can invest as little as a buck! What a deal. And second, How long will it take for you to get your investmant back? :wink: Again, what a great investment. the answer to the ladder is , how serious are you about becoming good at this game?Take care.