262656 replies to this topic

#262641 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Finally got 90% of the hurricane shutters down. Was justifying leaving them up because it looked like we might get more there for a bit, but then I just procrastinated. Just have one window left that I'll need a ladder to get. Think the job qualified as a decent workout.

The math tutoring center was decently involved this week. I got in a bit of trouble for not getting my availability in again in a timely manner. The issue is that that the owner used to have us get them in by Saturday. The new center director wants them in by Tuesday in order to put out the next week's schedule on Thursday (which then has to be intialed by Friday). Anyway, the first time around I got mine updated on a Thursday...did two weeks...then forgot about it until another Thursday. The director said she'd told me multiple times in e-mail. The problem is that 95% of e-mails that I get are garbage, and I generally only check it once per week or when I'm specifically expecting something. That's been the case for years...so I guess I have to break that habit.

Looking forward to some pokering the next few days.

#262642 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 13 October 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Who are you tailgating and attending the chiefs game with? Inquiring minds, and all

Isn't Nebraska playing someone this weekend? Is saw it advertised during the Yanks game the other night

I have zero plans this weekend. Only drank once in the last three weeks or so. We'll see about this weekend.

i have one friend left, and he wants me to meet his new girlfriend. i think they want to set me up with a friend of hers but the new girlfriend wants to meet me first. i would assume that plan will be off after she meets me.

nebraska plays saturday night against ohio state. we will be bent over for three hours and shown the 50 states. it will get ugly.

sunday will be tailgating and complaining about doing things and people.
Spoiler

#262643 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on 13 October 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

Finally got 90% of the hurricane shutters down. Was justifying leaving them up because it looked like we might get more there for a bit, but then I just procrastinated. Just have one window left that I'll need a ladder to get. Think the job qualified as a decent workout.

The math tutoring center was decently involved this week. I got in a bit of trouble for not getting my availability in again in a timely manner. The issue is that that the owner used to have us get them in by Saturday. The new center director wants them in by Tuesday in order to put out the next week's schedule on Thursday (which then has to be intialed by Friday). Anyway, the first time around I got mine updated on a Thursday...did two weeks...then forgot about it until another Thursday. The director said she'd told me multiple times in e-mail. The problem is that 95% of e-mails that I get are garbage, and I generally only check it once per week or when I'm specifically expecting something. That's been the case for years...so I guess I have to break that habit.

Looking forward to some pokering the next few days.

Thatís why people have separate work emails that they only give out for work things and they check it every day. 9 2 5 what a way to make a living.

#262644 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,053 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Had the live auction tonight. Got antsy and confused Nurkic and Jokic, and spent $42 on the ~$10 Nurkic. Still managed to kill the rest of the draft, but wasting $30 for no reason was a bite in the dick.

Rest of the team in a 12 team league:
Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler, Kemba, Millsap, Nurkic
Gallinari, Lou Williams, Dirk, Oladipo, Hernangomez, Teodosic as my rookie, Tony Parker as my injury pick.
I can't hate it, but there was so much value later on that I really could have really added a few other guys.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#262645 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

this wouldn't have happened if you'd let me fly out.

still solid. paul, jimmy, and kemba are on my list for sunday night.
Spoiler

#262646 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

urban cowboy is a good movie. would have been perfect if they cash harrison ford instead of travolta, but otherwise a really good movie.
Spoiler

#262647 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 12 October 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

nyquil always cures me, hanky. give it a whirl.

Just one item? That would be like trying to take out the Hulk with a spitball when I get this crap. I experiment with combinations of a various over the counter treatments, holistic remedies, hallucinogens, and santeria.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#262648 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Oh the Queens show Friday was great. VIP definitely worth it, just wish I could have gotten as drunk as their lead singer.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#262649 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,265 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 13 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

nebraska plays saturday night against ohio state. we will be bent over for three hours and shown the 50 states. it will get ugly.

Nailed it.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#262650 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

I know my team if nothing else. We canít handle that kind of attack, and we suck. Easy recipe for a boat racing.

#262651 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,634 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

Didn't watch a minute of it. I was happy with the result, though. We're a step closer to Frost.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#262652 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 AM

BigDMcGee, on 16 October 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Didn't watch a minute of it. I was happy with the result, though. We're a step closer to Frost.

Who would leave sunny Orlando, FL for Lincoln, NE
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#262653 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,634 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 17 October 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Who would leave sunny Orlando, FL for Lincoln, NE

I mean, you're preaching to the choir about how terrible Lincoln, and I know you're taking a shot at the state, but the biggest reason is Nebraska's in a power conference and CF is in the AAC. Beyond getting paid 5-10 times more at Nebraska, he'd get a chance to play for national titles, if he succeeds here. The reason I want Frost so badly is he's from Nebraska ( as in, was born and grew up here) and won a national title here in 97, so he both knows the heights Nebraska can get to, and might just appreciate being the man here. I would be afraid of other coaches using Nebraska as a stepping stone to the SEC or the NFL, but I think there's a real chance that being a coaching legend at Nebraska would appeal to Frost in particular. They have to hire him, and they have to do it now.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#262654 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,053 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:07 PM

I'm not sure I've ever felt a bigger juxtaposition in sports feelings than hoping for a possible title run for the last two months, and Hayward almost severing his foot 5 minutes into the season.

#262655 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Theraflu, on 17 October 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

I'm not sure I've ever felt a bigger juxtaposition in sports feelings than hoping for a possible title run for the last two months, and Hayward almost severing his foot 5 minutes into the season.

You didnít actually think the Celtics could win a title, did you? At best, and itís a stretch, they got out of the east

#262656 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:52 PM

BigDMcGee, on 17 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I mean, you're preaching to the choir about how terrible Lincoln, and I know you're taking a shot at the state, but the biggest reason is Nebraska's in a power conference and CF is in the AAC. Beyond getting paid 5-10 times more at Nebraska, he'd get a chance to play for national titles, if he succeeds here. The reason I want Frost so badly is he's from Nebraska ( as in, was born and grew up here) and won a national title here in 97, so he both knows the heights Nebraska can get to, and might just appreciate being the man here. I would be afraid of other coaches using Nebraska as a stepping stone to the SEC or the NFL, but I think there's a real chance that being a coaching legend at Nebraska would appeal to Frost in particular. They have to hire him, and they have to do it now.

I was totally trolling the state. Of course he would rather coach at Nebraska and a big 5 conference for 3-4 times the money. Iím sure heís making over a million at UCF and no chance Nebraska gives him $5 million to start.

Now, the problem with places like Nebraska, Michigan, Penn Stare, etc, they are gonna forever live in the past and never get back what they had. Problem is, their fans will never lower the expectations.

#262657 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,053 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 17 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

You didn't actually think the Celtics could win a title, did you? At best, and it's a stretch, they got out of the east
If Isiaahahiaih comes back healthy, maybe the Cavs are clearly better. If Gordon/Kyrie/Horford mesh well, Jaylen plays as good as he looked tonight, and Tatum isn't a stiff, then those teams could be pretty close. And sure, Golden State is the best. But all it takes is one unexpected ankle disappearance from KD or Steph or Dray, and then they aren't unstoppable. But I guess those kinds of injuries don't happen?

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users