How do you explain that the worst schools in the nation are in places that have had democratic school boards and local governments for longer than 30 years. If they were really helping do you think the inner cities would look the way they do and the schools would be failing so badly. http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/293...c-thomas-sowell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a day of reckoning when minorities rise up against the slave owners of the democrat party who have enslaved them with poverty.It will take a very strong individual with great appeal and brains.President Obama need not apply.

Maybe we ought to find out before we "invest" the next trillion dollars in these programs.
The insane war on poverty, causing twice as much damage as the 'insane war on drugs' which mostly damages druggies...and costs half as much
Maybe we ought to find out before we "invest" the next trillion dollars in these programs.
Maybe we ought to find out if rich people really will take their ball and go home if we don't extend their tax cuts for an 11th straight year. Maybe we ought to find out if the trillions we pour into the military is really necessary. Maybe bush should have found out if Iraq really had WMDs before launching an invading and occupying force. Maybe we should find out if God really exists before we continue to subsidize religious entities with generous tax breaks at the expense of atheists.This is fun.
Maybe we ought to find out if rich people really will take their ball and go home if we don't extend their tax cuts for an 11th straight year. Maybe we ought to find out if the trillions we pour into the military is really necessary. Maybe bush should have found out if Iraq really had WMDs before launching an invading and occupying force. Maybe we should find out if God really exists before we continue to subsidize religious entities with generous tax breaks at the expense of a dozen atheist who are on financial assistance anyway.This is fun.
Dozen people, 19% of the population. Tomayto, tomahto. #BG'snotfactualstatements
19%...?Are there atheist unicorns in your fantasy land adventures?
19%...?Are there atheist unicorns in your fantasy land adventures?
Depends on how you define it, but people who do not affiliate with any religion in the US are around 14-16% in recent polls. If you include non-religious deist types you get up over 20%.Shows how backwards we are when France is beating us at something important (33% atheist).
Depends on how you define it, but people who do not affiliate with any religion in the US are around 14-16% in recent polls. If you include non-religious deist types you get up over 20%.Shows how backwards we are when France is beating us at something important (33% atheist).
Oh, if you include non-religious DEIST, you can get the atheist number close to 20%I bet if you include Catholics you could really pad the numbers.And it does not surprise me that a liberal hippy from California wishes we were more like France.
How do you explain that the worst schools in the nation are in places that have had democratic school boards and local governments for longer than 30 years. If they were really helping do you think the inner cities would look the way they do and the schools would be failing so badly. http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/293...c-thomas-sowell
the better question is why would this surprise you or anyone else?
How do you explain that the worst schools in the nation are in places that have had democratic school boards and local governments for longer than 30 years. If they were really helping do you think the inner cities would look the way they do and the schools would be failing so badly.
I mean this is so obvious that no one is even willing to say it. But you don't really expect the poorest school districts in the country to be full of republicans, do you?
I mean this is so obvious that no one is even willing to say it. But you don't really expect the poorest school districts in the country to be full of republicans, do you?
It's a chicken egg question.Does electing democrats destroy neighborhoods, or do only destroyed neighborhoods elect democrats.Ultimately it is a moot point, because the real lesson is that the social experiments the democrats have tried all fail and destroy neighborhoods whether they are elected or not ( they are )
This doesn't really address anything I said. And what do you mean by poorest school distircts? You aren't saying they are underfunded are you? But to answer your question, no I wouldn't. At the turn of the century black kids scored even with or slightly higher than white kids on achievement test scores. (I am going to look up the exact numbers will add an edit later) This was true across the board, poor, and middle class blacks both scored as high as whites.
This doesn't really address anything I said.
Let's take a look at what you said:"How do you explain that the worst schools in the nation are in places that have had democratic school boards and local governments for longer than 30 years. If they were really helping do you think the inner cities would look the way they do and the schools would be failing so badly. "You appear to be asking for an explanation of why inner cities have democratic local governments. The fairly obvious answer is because they are poor. But really, you are implying that the democratic local governments are causing the poor school situation, or that they are failing to cure local poverty, which is fairly absurd. If you are trying to say something else, it has not come through.
And what do you mean by poorest school distircts? You aren't saying they are underfunded are you?
Let's take a look at what you said:"How do you explain that the worst schools in the nation are in places that have had democratic school boards and local governments for longer than 30 years. If they were really helping do you think the inner cities would look the way they do and the schools would be failing so badly. "You appear to be asking for an explanation of why inner cities have democratic local governments. The fairly obvious answer is because they are poor. But really, you are implying that the democratic local governments are causing the poor school situation, or that they are failing to cure local poverty, which is fairly absurd. If you are trying to say something else, it has not come through. ...
Do the democrats not claim to have solutions to all of these problems through social programs? Have they not spent billions if not trillions of dollars on these programs? I am saying that inner cities have had full benefit of being led by these brilliant social elites for over three decades. I would have thought maybe we would have at least started to see things get better, especially in the schools, who have elected democratic school boards. How they got elected doesn't matter at all, the fact is they have had the power to implement their programs freely for 30 plus years. Why haven't the communities benefited as promised? So the local school boards, and representatives, and politicians have no accountability in the fact that their neighborhoods and schools are shit. That is absurd.Edit... I am not saying that they caused it directly, though in some cases they probably have, but they certainly haven't fixed it, in fact in many ways things are a lot worse.
Do the democrats not claim to have solutions to all of these problems through social programs? Have they not spent billions if not trillions of dollars on these programs? I am saying that inner cities have had full benefit of being led by these brilliant social elites for over three decades. I would have thought maybe we would have at least started to see things get better, especially in the schools, who have elected democratic school boards. How they got elected doesn't matter at all, the fact is they have had the power to implement their programs freely for 30 plus years. Why haven't the communities benefited as promised? So the local school boards, and representatives, and politicians have no accountability in the fact that their neighborhoods and schools are shit. That is absurd.
social programs fail because we don't spend enough...if we took more money from our military and raised taxes another 10 percent in a 20 years they would have everything fixed...you know the talking points.it has nothing to do with lack of family structure, 3 or 4 generations on welfare as a job, 14 year old parents with 30 year old grandparents, drugs, lack of self respect for self, others or property, nope it is none of that...it is all about the lack of a fair chance.

Holy crap you guys are hilarious. The democracy of the United States is a wonderful thing. I'm so glad that the last two posters, combined, will have about a 0.000001% effect on the next leader of the free world.

Holy crap you guys are hilarious. The democracy of the United States is a wonderful thing. I'm so glad that the last two posters, combined, will have about a 0.000001% effect on the next leader of the free world.
You never add a damn thing, you just troll. If you are capable of making a point make one, if not what the hell are you doing here. My opinions are not uninformed, and they aren't even being challenged in this thread. By implying I am stupid do you think you make yourself look smart. You haven't even tried to dispute or discuss a single point. Do you think that akoff and myself are the only two people who share opinions similar to these? Dr. Sowell(author of article linked) has written a few books on the subject.
Do the democrats not claim to have solutions to all of these problems through social programs?
I don't think anyone claims to have the "solution" to poverty.
I would have thought maybe we would have at least started to see things get better, especially in the schools, who have elected democratic school boards. How they got elected doesn't matter at all, the fact is they have had the power to implement their programs freely for 30 plus years. Why haven't the communities benefited as promised? So the local school boards, and representatives, and politicians have no accountability in the fact that their neighborhoods and schools are shit. That is absurd.Edit... I am not saying that they caused it directly, though in some cases they probably have, but they certainly haven't fixed it, in fact in many ways things are a lot worse.
So someone who takes a political job in a shitty, impoverished neighborhood then becomes responsible for the fact that the neighborhood is still poor 20 years later? LOL. Who is it exactly that "promised" some benefit? You think that the cure for poverty in the inner city is just more republicans in local government? Let's try it out and then in 20 years when south central LA is still a shithole we can then blame the republicans.This is exceedingly silly especially since we already know that the best solution to a bad school is to send in a team of Morgan Freeman, Edward James Olmos, and Michelle Pfeiffer to whip everyone into shape.
You never add a damn thing, you just troll. If you are capable of making a point make one, if not what the hell are you doing here. My opinions are not uninformed, and they aren't even being challenged in this thread. By implying I am stupid do you think you make yourself look smart. You haven't even tried to dispute or discuss a single point. Do you think that akoff and myself are the only two people who share opinions similar to these? Dr. Sowell(author of article linked) has written a few books on the subject.
Ah damnit, you got me. I was trying to make the exact point that you two are the only ones to share that point of view. What a crazy coincidence that you found each other too. Soulmates, I guess.
I don't think anyone claims to have the "solution" to poverty. So someone who takes a political job in a shitty, impoverished neighborhood then becomes responsible for the fact that the neighborhood is still poor 20 years later? LOL. Who is it exactly that "promised" some benefit? You think that the cure for poverty in the inner city is just more republicans in local government? Let's try it out and then in 20 years when south central LA is still a shithole we can then blame the republicans.This is exceedingly silly especially since we already know that the best solution to a bad school is to send in a team of Morgan Freeman, Edward James Olmos, and Michelle Pfeiffer to whip everyone into shape.
New York City:Democrat mayors = crappy horrible dangerousRepublican Mayor = vibrant downtown, safe, returning businesses.Pretty sure this can be repeated across the country anywhere democrats were replaced after long extended control.