#1 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,751 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

A couple of newowners and a couple of interesting trades in the last few days...the AHL is waking up for the season.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#2 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,751 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Here's the first trade that went down...Whalers get:Tangradi FWD PIT (on farm at $1.00)Steelheads 1st 10-11 (8th pick)Swackers 1st 10-11 (10th pick)Steelheads 2nd 10-11 (28th pick)Steelheads 3rd 10-11 (48th pick)Steelheads 4th 10-11 (68th pick)Steelheads 1st 12-13****condition-if it is a top 5pick, Steelheads keeps the pick, Whalers get first rounder in 13-14, unconditional.Steelheads get:Col Goaltending (5 years $1.25, $1.50, $1.75, $2.00, $2.25)DEF Boychuk BOS (signed for 5 years at $0.50)FWD Hansen VAN (1 year at $0.25)FWD S.Bernier FLA (2 years at $3.75)DEF Meyer ATL (1 year at $0.50)$3 cash this year
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,751 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

Here's the most recent one...To Magically Delicious:Erik Karlsson FARM (D) - Ottawa Senators (On farm at $2.00)To Red Ravens:1st round pick 2010 (Canadian Gothic) (12th pick)Nazem Kadri FARM (F) - Toronto Maple Leaves (On farm at $2.00)Colin Wilson (F) - Nashville Predators (1 year at $3.50)

#4 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

FCHL CHAMPION 2008, 2009, 2016

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

1st Deal: I'm a little disappointed with Chris not getting back to me as I PM'd him TWICE regarding his draft picks. He posts that all his picks are for sale. I take the time to send him 2 PM's, so I just feel he could at least show me the courtesy to return the PM by saying no thanks. Not a big deal, I know I don't really have the assets to make trades with people yet, but that will change one day. The deal seems fair, but I don't think Steelheads had to give up the 2012-13 1st rounder. I think the rest was enough to get what he got. JMO.2nd deal: LOL Biatch finally loses a trade, badly. Erik Karlsson will most likely be a stud dman, but you could've drafted a very good dman with the 12th pick that you lost in this draft. Getting Kadri and Colin Wilson on top of that? Well done, Red Ravens.
When I go to a fast food restaurant, and my order comes to $6.28, I like to give the cashier $18.71. They look at me and say 'What's this?' and I say 'I'm all in'. They usually fold.

AHL EAST/WEST Conference Champion 2011-12
FCGL Champion 2013

#5 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,778 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 8:27 AM, said:

1st Deal: I'm a little disappointed with Chris not getting back to me as I PM'd him TWICE regarding his draft picks. He posts that all his picks are for sale. I take the time to send him 2 PM's, so I just feel he could at least show me the courtesy to return the PM by saying no thanks. Not a big deal, I know I don't really have the assets to make trades with people yet, but that will change one day. The deal seems fair, but I don't think Steelheads had to give up the 2012-13 1st rounder. I think the rest was enough to get what he got. JMO.2nd deal: LOL Biatch finally loses a trade, badly. Erik Karlsson will most likely be a stud dman, but you could've drafted a very good dman with the 12th pick that you lost in this draft. Getting Kadri and Colin Wilson on top of that? Well done, Red Ravens.
After seeing the Biatch trade, my ban on trading with him has been extended another year WTF..When I asked about Kadri, he said Bogosian is a START..Now he trades Kadri, 1st rounder and Colin Wilson for Karlsson.Whatever biatch
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#6 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Pretty funny how wrong some of the trade analysis has been so far in this thread.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#7 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, and what do you know?
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#8 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

View PostZach6668, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

Yeah, and what do you know?
I know things about stuff, okayEdit: I guess I should say something with a bit of substance. The Magically Delicious - Red Ravens trade made perfect sense for both of those teams to make.
Bob

#9 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,884 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM, said:

I know things about stuff, okayEdit: I guess I should say something with a bit of substance. The Magically Delicious - Red Ravens trade made perfect sense for both of those teams to make.
perfect is a stretch. sometimes, there is such a thing as not overpaying for a need, especially one thats years away.

#10 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

Yeah, the Arp/Chris trade is very bad now that I look at it. I just wanted somewhere to vent my frustration over not receiving a return PM. I still stand by my conclusion of Biatch getting KY'd.
When I go to a fast food restaurant, and my order comes to $6.28, I like to give the cashier $18.71. They look at me and say 'What's this?' and I say 'I'm all in'. They usually fold.

FCGL Champion 2013

#11 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 1:58 PM, said:

perfect is a stretch. sometimes, there is such a thing as not overpaying for a need, especially one thats years away.
I think the trade was Awesome Possum for both teams.
Bob

#12 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 9:27 AM, said:

Not a big Wilson fan and if Fowler is available at 12 and he probably won't be, I muchhhhhhh prefer Karlson to Fowler. But I am the new guy so don't pay attention to me.
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#13 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

View PostUntilted, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 2:28 PM, said:

Not a big Wilson fan and if Fowler is available at 12 and he probably won't be, I muchhhhhhh prefer Karlson to Fowler. But I am the new guy so don't pay attention to me.
FWIW, I don't consider Fowler to be the best dman in this years crop, but I seem to be in the minority today. :club:

FCGL Champion 2013

#14 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

View PostUntilted, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 2:28 PM, said:

Just ask yourself if you had the 3rd pick in the draft and Karlsson could be drafted would you take him ?
Bob

#15 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 2:42 PM, said:

Just ask yourself if you had the 3rd pick in the draft and Karlsson could be drafted would you take him ?
To be honest, I'm not sure. But he'd definitely have to be considered. I will at least admit that he's better than any other D in this year's class.

FCGL Champion 2013

#16 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,751 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 1:40 PM, said:

FWIW, I don't consider Fowler to be the best dman in this years crop, but I seem to be in the minority today. :club:
I like that God Bronson guy.

#17 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,751 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 1:42 PM, said:

Shhhh!

#18 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM, said:

that is an easier decision than taking Seguin at 2 and I am normally not a draft D type a guy
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#19 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

View PostUntilted, on Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 3:14 PM, said:

that is an easier decision than taking Seguin at 2 and I am normally not a draft D type a guy
Shhhhh
Bob

#20 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,751 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

First Round Predictions?1. Taylor Hall - Magically Delicious2. Tyler Seguin - Broadway3. Jeff Skinner - Whalers4. ____________ - Governator5. ____________ - Canadian Gothic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users