7387 replies to this topic

#7381 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

Demian ****ing Maia, faggots.

I want nothing more in mixed martial arts than to see Maia win 170 at the age of 39 or 40.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#7382 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Can Bellator 180 sustain a PPV?

It might.

Chael fighting Wanderlei Silva is a grudger that might be fun.
Fedor vs Mitrione, everyone will want to see that.
Chandler vs Primus.
Lima v Larkin
and then Aaron Pico vs Zach Freeman, yet Phil Davis v Bader is on the undercard.

This shows that they have the bench to possibly make viable PPV showings. Throw in a freakshow fight ala Kimbo/Dada (the MMA debut of Undertaker vs some black sumo wrestler), this card will sell
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#7383 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 32,894 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

Surprised Michael "Venom" Page isn't on the card. He's their star that they are grooming.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#7384 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

It has now been over a year since Ben Askren last fought (against a guy who missed weight by 14 pounds)

He has 2 fights for all of 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

It's sad to see him get ground down by blacklisting like this.

#7385 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Maia bored me his way to victory, but yeah, I want to see him get a title shot.

Surprised by Page not being on that card myself.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#7386 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 32,894 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:09 AM

View PostScrim, on 15 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

It has now been over a year since Ben Askren last fought (against a guy who missed weight by 14 pounds)

He has 2 fights for all of 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

It's sad to see him get ground down by blacklisting like this.

He has a contract with a promotion, doesn't he? Why aren't they getting him fights, and why doesn't he push for more fights? Is he over it?

#7387 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

He's with ONE FC. Actually in Googling him now, see he's actually due to fight in 10 days or so.

http://mmajunkie.com...ip-55-on-may-26

I'm pretty in tune to MMA forums, discussion and yet didn't hear a peep about that. That's how far off the radar he is at ONE/FC.

#7388 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 32,894 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

I too googled him and an article from Feb quotes him as saying he wanted to be done with fighting by 30, yet he's currently 32. He isn't long for fighting.

UFC didn't want him because he would gnp/lay on all of the 170's. I'm sure he wanted a ton of money for what DW thought was a boring, antiquated style

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users