Barrage Of Spots 3

So do i pat my 87 or break it? My 87 as it is is pretty shitty.Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit ($0.10/$0.20) (converter)SB ($5.82), Seat 4BB ($2.13), Seat 5Hero ($2.63), Seat 6MP ($2.98), Seat 1CO ($5.46), Seat 2Button ($0.98), Seat 3Button at Seat 3.SB posts $0.05. BB posts $0.10. Hand: [4c Kh 3h 7d 6d]Round 1: (1.50 SB)Hero raises. MP calls. CO folds. Button folds. SB folds. BB calls. BB takes 1. Hero discards Kh. MP takes 1. Hand: [4c 3h 7d 6d 8s]Round 2: (6.50 SB)BB bets. Hero calls. MP calls. BB stands pat. Hero stands pat. MP takes 1. Hand: [4c 3h 7d 6d 8s]Round 3: (4.75 BB)BB checks. Hero checks. MP checks. BB stands pat. Hero stands pat. MP stands pat. Hand: [4c 3h 7d 6d 8s]Round 4: (4.75 BB)BB checks. Hero checks. MP bets. BB calls. Hero folds. Total pot: (6.75 BB - $1.35)

I think when BB pats after drawing 1 and then bets into you, you have to assume your 87 is no good. I can see patting behind after the first draw to see if he breaks, but when he pats again I think you have to ditch the 8.

raise after first draw and this hand is a whole lot easier. as played, you have to bet after the 2nd draw.
this plus fold pre-draw unless you have control over the table.
this plus fold pre-draw unless you have control over the table.
Yea, this is a hand that I only play if I'm pretty confident that I cant get it HU from the start, since I'm going to have to turn it into a snow a lot of the time. The hand is converted a little funny but if you are indeed UTG I like folding.
  • 4 weeks later...

In general, fold this predraw. Hands with a 6 are bad news. You make 2nd best hands and straights way too often.To me, calling a bet and then patting is horrible. You should raise round 2 and bet if he checks round 3. His play looks like he's also playing something weak, like an 87 or possibly a 9. If you represented a stronger hand, he might have broken it. Also, MP might not have stuck around for 2 bets after round 2.

Yea, this is a hand that I only play if I'm pretty confident that I cant get it HU from the start, since I'm going to have to turn it into a snow a lot of the time. The hand is converted a little funny but if you are indeed UTG I like folding.
I was just re-reading this thread, and I think I like raising UTG, and drawing to 7643 if HU and drawing to 743 if 3way+.
In general, fold this predraw. Hands with a 6 are bad news. You make 2nd best hands and straights way too often.
ss2 isn't a winning style of 2-7 in very many settings anymore, fyi :)this hand is fine HU, marginal 3way, and terrible more multiway than that.