Ahl Survivor 14-15

Decided it would be easier to keep track of it if it had its own thread. I think there was at least some interest/curiousity to see how this year goes, even with nothing on the line. (Only Bob+Serge+I were willing to put in $10 I think)

Eliminated so far: Magically Delicious, Red Ravens, Shoot Loose, Underdogs....and last night, Greaseballs. (score of 0, worse was Shoot Loose+Underdogs)

Shooters, Swackers, Broadway, Whalers

7 teams remain as of Jan 14

BIG M'S

CANADIAN GOTHIC

MUSTANGS

PK DEALERS

PUCK WARFARE

SCREAMING EAGLES

WINNING COMBO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about if we don't go to that same cottage, Dan? I think there's more than one.

There's probably a pretty decent "Armenians are bottom heavy/Kim Kardashian" joke in there somewhere, but I'm pretty tired from a crazy day at work.

What is the number of tires on three bicycles?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eliminated Nov.25th- CHEAP THIEVES!

Eliminated Dec 2nd- Steelheads

Interesting, if Steelheads was already done, eliminated last night would have been the best team in the AHL right now, Broadway. Close!

12 teams left

its weird but I do much better on Tuesdays, or so it seems..

I dont do well on Saturdays..It might be the make up of my team, I dont have superstars..But I have 8-9 really good forwards

i think i have noticed the same thing for my team, I wonder if the actual stats bear that out, and/or if its just a small sample thing for this year.

seems like I always have one of the stronger Tues scores, but not so much on Saturdays.

i think i have noticed the same thing for my team, I wonder if the actual stats bear that out, and/or if its just a small sample thing for this year.

seems like I always have one of the stronger Tues scores, but not so much on Saturdays.

Ok then its true..

Armenians dont do well on Saturdays..Tuesdays our night.

I think doing well on weekdays and poorly on Saturdays is probably an indication of a team that has good depth but is not top heavy. Everybody ices their best lineup on Saturday.

I think doing well on weekdays and poorly on Saturdays is probably an indication of a team that has good depth but is not top heavy. Everybody ices their best lineup on Saturday.

agreed...I intentionally tried to go for that this year...I wanted to be deep at forwards and D..Not just have 3 or 4 stud forwards and 2 dman..

Sort of like a certian team named after a cereal , has two amazing forwards and then a huge dropoff

The NHL plays roughly the same number of games on Tuesdays and Saturdays other than at Thanksgiving and Christmas etc

12 TUE NOV 4, 2014

12 SAT NOV 8, 2014

11 TUE NOV 11, 2014

12 SAT NOV 15, 2014

11 TUE NOV 18, 2014

13 SAT NOV 22, 2014

7 TUE NOV 25, 2014

12 SAT NOV 29, 2014

10 TUE DEC 2, 2014

The NHL plays roughly the same number of games on Tuesdays and Saturdays other than at Thanksgiving and Christmas etc

I dont know what you mean by "roughly the same", but I would disagree thats its the same.

I would guess about 3 extra games on Saturday, so 6 extra teams in play. Thats a pretty big diff in the AHL to me.

I dont know what you mean by "roughly the same", but I would disagree thats its the same.

I would guess about 3 extra games on Saturday, so 6 extra teams in play. Thats a pretty big diff in the AHL to me.

I posted the numbers for November above and other than Thanksgiving Week the average difference is a bit more than 1 game per week.

I took a quick look at Jan and it's the same thing. Saturdays are on average one and a bit more games than Tuesdays with a lot of the weeks being the same number of games.

10 teams remain as of Dec 17

BIG M'S

CANADIAN GOTHIC

INGMEN

MUSTANGS

PK DEALERS

PUCK WARFARE

SCREAMING EAGLES

SHORTSTACKERS

WHALERS

WINNING COMBO

Seeing as of the 10 teams remaining, Big M and Pk Dealers are the only 2 teams(as of noon today) with full line-ups on a very short tuesday night, I am guessing Murphy's law says that one of us will get knocked out tonight.

Seeing as of the 10 teams remaining, Big M and Pk Dealers are the only 2 teams(as of noon today) with full line-ups on a very short tuesday night, I am guessing Murphy's law says that one of us will get knocked out tonight.

Just did my lineup..I have a solid lineup for tomorrow..

Too much eggnog at work today. I am looking at tonights lineups thinking it's tuesday. You can ignore my post. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Dec 23- Shortstackers get eliminated with the low score of 1.

Dec 30- NO AHL game

Jan 6th: Ingmen eliminated with a score of -2.

8 Teams remain. 3 of them I believe wanted to bet on the side. (Whalers, Stangs, Big M's. Did we bet guys, I dont recall?)

BIG M'S

CANADIAN GOTHIC

MUSTANGS

PK DEALERS

PUCK WARFARE

SCREAMING EAGLES

WHALERS

WINNING COMBO

Update:

Dec 23- Shortstackers get eliminated with the low score of 1.

Dec 30- NO AHL game

Jan 6th: Ingmen eliminated with a score of -2.

8 Teams remain. 3 of them I believe wanted to bet on the side. (Whalers, Stangs, Big M's. Did we bet guys, I dont recall?)

BIG M'S

CANADIAN GOTHIC

MUSTANGS

PK DEALERS

PUCK WARFARE

SCREAMING EAGLES

WHALERS

WINNING COMBO

I don't know the details but I'm sure I would have gone for any bet up to $20

Last longer bet between us 3 for $20?

Im good with that. Serge?

anyone else?

I am also willing to change the stakes (ie something fun as opposed to money) if anyone wants.

Last longer bet between us 3 for $20?

Im good with that. Serge?

anyone else?

I am also willing to change the stakes (ie something fun as opposed to money) if anyone wants.

I m in...$20 is ok, but I like something fun as opposed to money idea..You are very creative..Come up with something cool