2012 Draft

70 replies to this topic

#21 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

i just read an article today that quoted jim buss as saying pau aint going no place. so yeah.
Spoiler

#22 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

So the Lakers are going to roll with the same lineup basically? I'm sure that will be fine.

#23 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

yeah it seems like a clown decision, bro. he said something about changing the way they use him, getting him closer to the basket.
Spoiler

#24 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I wonder where he got that idea from. Did it come directly from Phil Jackson or did Jeanie relay it to him?Eric Gordon to Washington, Washington's #3 pick to OKC, James Harden to New Orleans. Who says no?

#25 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

OKC says no unless they are desperate to shed future salary.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#26 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 20 June 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

OKC says no unless they are desperate to shed future salary.
They're going to need to, right? Durant and Westbrook are max guys and Harden and Ibaka will both be restricted free agents next off-season. Some team will offer these guys close to max deals and you can't have that much money in four players. Especially when you consider the money they've got tied up in Perkins.I like Harden a lot, but he does similar things as Westbrook and you don't have anybody like Ibaka. If you can only keep one guy, I would choose Ibaka. So if you could turn Harden into Thomas Robinson or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, I think you should do it.

#27 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

if i'm OKC i have to seriously consider offering harden to charlotte for the number 2 pick. they can't keep all 4 of them. harden will be gone eventually. have to get value somehow.
Spoiler

#28 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I despise that trade for the wizards after reading hollinger savage the wiz GM.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#29 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

I have a feeling someone is going to reach on Drummond. There is a chance Kings take Lillard at 5 if who they like isn't there.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#30 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

Anyone seen much of Meyers Leonard? He seems like a nice get if you're after pick 8 or so. That size warrants a chance. That's why Drummond is so tough. He could be special. I don't envy the gm who has to make that pick.

#31 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think the Blazers should and will take Drummond at 6 and then take someone very safe at 11. I would not fault Cleveland for swinging for the fences on Drummond at the 5 pick but I think they take Barnes.Wiz have to take Beal after acquiring so many SFs.

#32 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yeah, I mean I guess you need a third bust at center to go with Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. Trading for Hasheem Thabeet doesn't really count.Cleveland has #4, Sacramento has #5.

#33 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

I unreasonably excited for the draft. The lakers barely even have a pick, but still. I guess it's cause life sucks right now. Hopefully there will be some big moves and not just a lot of **** teasing.

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on 21 June 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yeah, I mean I guess you need a third bust at center to go with Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. Trading for Hasheem Thabeet doesn't really count.Cleveland has #4, Sacramento has #5.
It's going to take a home run to catch the Thunder over the next half decade especially if Harden is serious about taking less to stay in OKC.New rumor is that Houston is looking to deal Kyle Lowry and others to acquire a couple of lottery picks to use as Dwight Howard trade bait. Should be a fun draft. Heat actually have a first round pick somehow (#27); I have no idea who they take. I guess the best 5 available but that's probably a complete stiff at #27.

#35 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Heat should see if someone will take Mike millers contract for that pick. Them use that money to sign a veteran.

#36 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Assuming of course miller can then be bought out cheap. And then he retires. Or the heat justbuys millerr out and try to dump Joel Anthony

#37 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Also, why would the rockets give up their picks and Lowry just to get Dwight and hedo? You have to get Howard to agree to resign, otherwise your just dumping youth for one run at Orlando west. You wot get by okc wit thatteam so why waste cap flexibility and picks for one ill fated run? Doesn't make sense to me.

#38 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostYonYonson, on 25 June 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Also, why would the rockets give up their picks and Lowry just to get Dwight and hedo? You have to get Howard to agree to resign, otherwise your just dumping youth for one run at Orlando west. You wot get by okc wit thatteam so why waste cap flexibility and picks for one ill fated run? Doesn't make sense to me.
Obviously, they think they can get Dwight to sign long-term. If they can, it doesn't matter that they have no one else yet. People will come to Houston to play with him.

#39 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

it's just such a risk to think they will convince him after. not one i would take considering how illogical he appears to be.
Spoiler

#40 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 25 June 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

it's just such a risk to think they will convince him after. not one i would take considering how illogical he appears to be.
Present an alternative course that could possibly get them past OKC in the next five years. No risk, no reward.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users