Chicago Bulls

110 replies to this topic

#21 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Why would you want to play your best players the last 5 minutes? Way to go Thibodeau, bring back Del Negro.

#22 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 9:45 PM, said:

Why would you want to play your best players the last 5 minutes? Way to go Thibodeau, bring back Del Negro.
Lets not say things we can't take back!!But yeah, I think being within 10 and 5min left means you've got a shot. Not sure why you want to keep ****ing Watson on the floor for more than 2 minutes EVER. He's awful.
-Kurt

#23 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

I was watching the game. I like the Bulls.... it was frustrating. The TNT announcers justification of why it was a good move to leave Rose and Noah on the bench sounded completely retarded. I'd be outraged if I was at that game.Also... who was that f'er on the Knicks who couldn't miss a shot? I've never heard of him.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#24 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM, said:

Also... who was that f'er on the Knicks who couldn't miss a shot? I've never heard of him.
Tony Douglas, that run he went on was just insane.The whole keeping the starters on the bench thing was odd. Portland did the exact same thing against the Bulls only a few days ago.

#25 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 8:22 PM, said:

Lets not say things we can't take back!!But yeah, I think being within 10 and 5min left means you've got a shot. Not sure why you want to keep ****ing Watson on the floor for more than 2 minutes EVER. He's awful.
Well, it's inexcusable. That's strike 1 for him, though. If he does it again, he should only get 2 strikes and he's gone. Some basketball people said when he got hired he might be a career assistant but he deserves a shot anyway. The mistake he made tonight is something a career assistant makes.

#26 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,674 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 3:10 AM, said:

Well, it's inexcusable. That's strike 1 for him, though. If he does it again, he should only get 2 strikes and he's gone. Some basketball people said when he got hired he might be a career assistant but he deserves a shot anyway. The mistake he made tonight is something a career assistant makes.
lets hold off on the fire the career assistant because of errors he makes in november talk. IT's not just rookie players that make alot of mistakes, rookie coaches are going to make them too. Care if he makes this sort of mistake in may, not now.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#27 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

Derrick Rose dunk from last night:

#28 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

lol man you Bulls fans are brutal. The Knicks shot the lights out....blaming Thibodeau? He just left the hot hands on the floor. Kyle Korver was impressive in defeat.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#29 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM, said:

lol man you Bulls fans are brutal. The Knicks shot the lights out....blaming Thibodeau? He just left the hot hands on the floor. Kyle Korver was impressive in defeat.
For sure. Plus playing Boston tonight. When a team shoots 70% from 3, you don't win. I'm not sure Thibs wouldn't do the exact same thing again.My only issue was with leaving Watson out there. He had nothing to do with the run they made. I'm just baffled at how bad he is.Korver pretty much doesn't miss if he's open, it's pretty nuts. It's been really hard to get him open so far though. I keep hearing how much of a liability on defense he is too. But every time I see him in there he's always the one contesting shots. It must be a team D thing.
-Kurt

#30 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

View Postbigkg, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 7:56 AM, said:

Derrick Rose dunk from last night:
This was a nice dunk, but that's all it was: nice. On Sportscenter's teaser section the highlight was titled, "Best dunk of the year" and then they started the highlights with flashbacks to Starks over Horace Grant and MJ over Ewing. Come on.The Blazers-Thunder game was the better game last night. Roy has to jump into Durant once he gets him up in the air. Take the two free throws instead of trying the off-balance 20-footer, especially since he wasn't shooting well that night.

#31 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 2:11 AM, said:

lets hold off on the fire the career assistant because of errors he makes in november talk. IT's not just rookie players that make alot of mistakes, rookie coaches are going to make them too. Care if he makes this sort of mistake in may, not now.
It doesn't matter when he makes this mistake, it's that it even happened at all. It should never happen. Ever. If it was May and a playoff game he shouldn't be given another chance. You will never see a good coach do this. Ever. It's not like they were down 35 and got it to 10 in a 4-minute span and Rose, Noah, Deng were icing on the bench. They got it from 16 down to 9, then back up to 12 and a timeout, make your move. You're down 10 w/5 mins to go, your bench got you back in the game, fine, now sit their asses where they belong. There's a reason they're on your bench. You didn't see PJ finish the game with Bobby Hansen, Stacey King, and Cliff Levingston w/Jordan and Pippen on the bench? No, they made their run, and got their asses back in the game.What did he even say after the game?

#32 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 2:11 AM, said:

It doesn't matter when he makes this mistake, it's that it even happened at all. It should never happen. Ever. If it was May and a playoff game he shouldn't be given another chance. You will never see a good coach do this. Ever. It's not like they were down 35 and got it to 10 in a 4-minute span and Rose, Noah, Deng were icing on the bench. They got it from 16 down to 9, then back up to 12 and a timeout, make your move. You're down 10 w/5 mins to go, your bench got you back in the game, fine, now sit their asses where they belong. There's a reason they're on your bench. You didn't see PJ finish the game with Bobby Hansen, Stacey King, and Cliff Levingston w/Jordan and Pippen on the bench? No, they made their run, and got their asses back in the game then 9 minutes later they won the championship. God it's a good thing I'm not a Bulls fan, I'd already have one foot out the door on this guy.What did he even say after the game?

#33 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,067 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

It doesn't matter when he makes this mistake, it's that it even happened at all. It should never happen. Ever. If it was May and a playoff game he shouldn't be given another chance. You will never see a good coach do this. Ever. It's not like they were down 35 and got it to 10 in a 4-minute span and Rose, Noah, Deng were icing on the bench. They got it from 16 down to 9, then back up to 12 and a timeout, make your move. You're down 10 w/5 mins to go, your bench got you back in the game, fine, now sit their asses where they belong. There's a reason they're on your bench. You didn't see PJ finish the game with Bobby Hansen, Stacey King, and Cliff Levingston w/Jordan and Pippen on the bench? No, they made their run, and got their asses back in the game then 9 minutes later they won the championship. God it's a good thing I'm not a Bulls fan, I'd already have one foot out the door on this guy.What did he even say after the game?
So did he do it right tonight?
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#34 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

You're wrong. Sorry.The Knicks where shooting at a historic pace. 5 teams have done what they did in the past 20 years. The bench is the one who started the comeback, let them play. You have a huge game the next day and the starters were playing awful on defense. Vinny would have put in the starters... he's the worst coach in the league.
-Kurt

#35 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 8:21 PM, said:

You're wrong. Sorry.The Knicks where shooting at a historic pace. 5 teams have done what they did in the past 20 years. The bench is the one who started the comeback, let them play. You have a huge game the next day and the starters were playing awful on defense. Vinny would have put in the starters... he's the worst coach in the league.
That entire statement is just baffling to me, except the part about Vinny being the worst coach in the league. That you may be right about.So every time you're down and the bench plays well to start the quarter you just let em go? Please.

#36 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:29 PM

View PostTheraflu, on Friday, November 5th, 2010, 8:19 PM, said:

So did he do it right tonight?
I had to leave when Rose was on the bench coming up to the under 6 timeout. Normally I would assume that he came in after the timeout, but after last night, who knows. Got the game on DVR to finish tomorrow.

#37 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Saturday, November 6th, 2010, 1:29 AM, said:

I had to leave when Rose was on the bench coming up to the under 6 timeout. Normally I would assume that he came in after the timeout, but after last night, who knows. Got the game on DVR to finish tomorrow.
He came in, they took it into overtime. Too many lol calls (and non calls) in Boston's favor for my liking.
-Kurt

#38 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Saturday, November 6th, 2010, 2:34 PM, said:

He came in, they took it into overtime. Too many lol calls (and non calls) in Boston's favor for my liking.
Wow Korver was killing them defensively late in the 4th and OT. I don't think they're going to be able to use him in crunch time unless they can hide him.

#39 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Refs pissed off Rose tonight. He went into beast mode in the 4th and got 17 of his 33 and started the quarter with an 18-0 run.4-5 from 3pt too! heh.
-Kurt

#40 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

I wasn't able to see the game, but this is a good win over a team that's better than their record indicates.Also, notable +/- from this game:Noah -18Bogans -12 Rose +6 (only starter with positive +/-)Korver +23Brewer +16Asik +16Good job bench

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users