Home Poker Tournament

My friend is hosting his annual Christmas time poker tournament, and I'm looking to help him out a little. Last time I played in it, he was pretty unorganized and blinds didn't escalate...ever. It was also a shootout with about eight tables with four guys each...kinda weird. I know I've seen at least a few different pieces of software for organizing a tournament like this, and I'm looking for suggestions on a free tool for him. I think we're expecting about thirty people, and have eight hours or so to play NLHE. Thanks in advance.

I remember gettin something on download.com called tourney manager or something. You set the blinds and the time.
Yea, I had somethin on my old laptop, I forget what it was called but it worked well

I run a pretty successful home game once/twice a month. We average around 32 players. Each start with 5,000 chips 25 min levels and the blinds run:25/2525/5050/10010min break75/150100/200150/30010min break200/400300/600400/80010min break500/1000700/14001000/20001500/3000I used thetournamentdirector.com when I had my PC but I had to switch to Tournamenthero.com for my Mac.

I run a pretty successful home game once/twice a month. We average around 32 players. Each start with 5,000 chips 25 min levels and the blinds run:25/2525/5050/100etc. etc.
How long does your tourney usually take ?Dan
LOLThat's awesome! I'm going to have to thank-you in advance for all the fun I will have with this link...
  • 2 years later...