$1,000 Buy-in Winner Take All Nlhe Event

I would really love to see this as an event in the future at the WSOP.It would appease the group of players like "Thunder" Keller and others who feel as though tournament payouts these days should be more heavily skewed towards 1st place, much like the old days of the WSOP Main Event when only the winner won ALL of the money.Plus it would be a fun event and add some flavor to the WSOP schedule, much like the rebuy event. I'm not saying it would get HUGE fields or anything, but I definitely think people would play it.

I'd say they could do it if they had a little twist on it.Make a steep payout strucuture.... Say... 5% or something. But everyone except 1st just gets their buyin back.Otherwise I'm not sure you'd get enough people to try it.

I would really love to see this as an event in the future at the WSOP.It would appease the group of players like "Thunder" Keller and others who feel as though tournament payouts these days should be more heavily skewed towards 1st place, much like the old days of the WSOP Main Event when only the winner won ALL of the money.Plus it would be a fun event and add some flavor to the WSOP schedule, much like the rebuy event. I'm not saying it would get HUGE fields or anything, but I definitely think people would play it.
in the old days they had like 40 people in it
I'd say they could do it if they had a little twist on it.Make a steep payout strucuture.... Say... 5% or something. But everyone except 1st just gets their buyin back.Otherwise I'm not sure you'd get enough people to try it.
I think at 1k they would get some players. Isn't/wasn't there a $100 rebuy on UB where the winner takes all?

Wasnt the TOC meant to be a $2M winner takes all??And it was diced up.If such an event was ever played it would take 2weeks to finish.1 for poker and 1 to sort out all the deals and subdeals.

As long as they make it a rule that the 2nd place finisher can't buy a gun for a year.
The same should be true for the guy who finishes 151st in the PStars 150!!Thats gonna hurt!!
Would you play in it or is this just for your entertainment viewing purposes?Keller is so old-school.These days, any event at the WSOP will get a field.Except the Shoot-out apparently.