2 Girls, 1 Stuck (fr) (5/10)

Bodog 5/10 NLHE (9-handed)Cobalt $943CO $3581Button $1027BB $1119Cobalt is UTG+1 w/ :D :D. I haven't been at the table long. CO is a really loose, overvaluing idiot. Button is new to the table and me. BB is a competent, thinking player who I've played with pretty frequently. I'm pretty sure he respects my game.Pre-flop:1 fold, Cobalt raises to $35, 3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop ($145): :D:club::D (4 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $75, CO calls, 1 fold, BB raises to $265, Cobalt ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 handed...meh.BB is obv repping a set here, he may have it and be hoping to get heads up with dude he can value town. I think this is an extremely tough spot. I'm torn between shoving and folding, I think being wrong and folding is bad, but not as bad as being wrong and shoving.

I find it said the the first result you get after searching Kermit the Frog in youtube is now this.As for the acctual hand, i can safely say i have absolutely no idea what to do. If i was faced with this spot, i'd probably count down the time bank, close my eyes, click the raise all in button and pray he has AJ.How you're meant to deal with these spots i have no idea.

There are no big draws here, I think against a thinking player raising from the BB, you really can't call here since you are just going to be facing a giant bet on the turn and you have almost no outs to improve.This is usually where I stop thinking and say wait, I have an overpair ALLINS!

If i was faced with this spot, i'd probably count down the time bank, close my eyes, click the raise all in button and pray he has AJ.How you're meant to deal with these spots i have no idea.
This is usually where I stop thinking and say wait, I have an overpair ALLINS!
I think these are the most common responses to these spots. especially in a cash games with 100bb's or less. Although, at 5/10 I think AJ can fold to a shove. so my line would be call, re-evaluate on the turn. since villain (BB) is first to act, i'd hope he bets, then I'd shovel overtop.unless you guys want him to fold on the flop?

This is 9 handed. It's very unlikely that a good thinking player is going to be calling Cobalt's EP raise with AJ, especially if he views Cobalt as a TAG. His hand just plays sooooooo poorly. He is representing 33, 44, JJ, KK, AA, and 56 suited that has a backdoor draw imo.

This is 9 handed. It's very unlikely that a good thinking player is going to be calling Cobalt's EP raise with AJ, especially if he views Cobalt as a TAG. His hand just plays sooooooo poorly. He is representing 33, 44, JJ, KK, AA, and 56 suited that has a backdoor draw imo.
if you think AJ folds preflop, you're crazy.unless we know something about this villain. competent thinking player, doesnt tell us he will fold AJ, AJs OOP to a stanard opening bet
if you think AJ folds preflop, you're crazy.unless we know something about this villain. competent thinking player, doesnt tell us he will fold AJ, AJs OOP to a stanard opening bet
Button is new to the table and me. BB is a competent, thinking player who I've played with pretty frequently. I'm pretty sure he respects my game.

If BB is a winning player I can pretty much guarantee he's not calling an UTG+1 raise with AJo (edit: or AJss).He might call with 57 but not AJ, Cobalt's range here is probably something like 1010+ and AQ+, BB will know this and not play a hand that plays sooooooo poorly against his range. Not only is it usually dominated, but when he does outdraw, he gets no action because his AJ spiked an A against Cobalt's KK or whatever and it's easy for Cobalt to shut down.

If BB is a winning player I can pretty much guarantee he's not calling an UTG+1 raise with AJo (edit: or AJss).He might call with 57 but not AJ, Cobalt's range here is probably something like 1010+ and AQ+, BB will know this and not play a hand that plays sooooooo poorly against his range. Not only is it usually dominated, but when he does outdraw, he gets no action because his AJ spiked an A against Cobalt's KK or whatever and it's easy for Cobalt to shut down.
I have never played cobalt, but if villain knows enough about him, I'm sure he migt open cobalts range a little more than what you put.

t, the one mitigating factor here is that he'd not just be playing AJ HU OOP here against my EP raise...there's also one recognized idiot involved and another player...so he'd be getting decent odds to call with an AJs.

^^^^like i said, does that mean he folds AJ, or AJs OOP to a standard opening, when he is already in for 1/3 the bet getting 5-1?
maybe not but is he gonna c/r with it?
I have never played cobalt, but if villain knows enough about him, I'm sure he migt open cobalts range a little more than what you put.
My range for UTG+1 here is typically 66+ and AJs+...though I'll got a tad lighter depending on table conditions.

I fold here.I don't think that the BB, if he's a decent thinking player, shows up with a range that we have great equity against. Skillz is right about the range that he's repping here. I think a lot of players will call AJ here, but the ones who c/r with it are generally not the best players because it's overvaluing their hand in a sense that he's c/ring an EP raiser and a LP caller in a spot where he's almost guaranteed to only get action from better hands (from Cobalt anyway).There are no turn cards you want to see other than the Q. The fact that he's OOP to both of you and still made the smallish c/r makes folding seem to be the best option. Also, throw in the fact that the overvaluing idiot may actually have a set (though it's unlikely) or that the BB might not have as solid a read on the CO as Cobalt does, which would mean that his range should be that much tighter to be making this play.

I fold here.I don't think that the BB, if he's a decent thinking player, shows up with a range that we have great equity against. Skillz is right about the range that he's repping here. I think a lot of players will call AJ here, but the ones who c/r with it are generally not the best players because it's overvaluing their hand in a sense that he's c/ring an EP raiser and a LP caller in a spot where he's almost guaranteed to only get action from better hands (from Cobalt anyway).There are no turn cards you want to see other than the Q. The fact that he's OOP to both of you and still made the smallish c/r makes folding seem to be the best option. Also, throw in the fact that the overvaluing idiot may actually have a set (though it's unlikely) or that the BB might not have as solid a read on the CO as Cobalt does, which would mean that his range should be that much tighter to be making this play.
I think the smallish raise is more for information, than for strength. He cant c/c the flop with AJ here. I think this is the only way he plays AJ. factor that in with the idiot C/O and this board, if I had a set here, I raise more. probably to like 325.
He cant c/c the flop with AJ here. I think this is the only way he plays AJ.
Why can't he c/c AJ? Why can't he lead with AJ?
factor that in with the idiot C/O and this board, if I had a set here, I raise more. probably to like 325.
Why would you raise more? That's an awesome board if you have a set and you respect the UTG+1's (Cobalt) raising range and figure him for an overpair. The smaller raise gives him plenty of options on how to play his hand and encourages him to call. It could also be a very subtly good play from the BB for that reason, effectively putting Cobalt in a position where he has to consider risking his stack while the BB is only risking a couple of hundred dollars.Why would you raise more if you had a set? Would you raise that big with AJ? Or with air? Or with a draw?
I think the smallish raise is more for information, than for strength.
I also don't understand this. Why do you arbitratily decide that it's a raise for information as opposed to a value raise with the best hand? The fact that he c/rs small against an EP preflop raiser who's c-betting the flop and a LP caller would seem that all of the information he needs is out there and that he should probably have a decent hand before he starts check-raising multiple opponents when OOP.
i dunno if i fold i probably spew the 195 ish and fold the turn when he shovels
Why can't he c/c AJ? Why can't he lead with AJ?Why would you raise more? That's an awesome board if you have a set and you respect the UTG+1's (Cobalt) raising range and figure him for an overpair. The smaller raise gives him plenty of options on how to play his hand and encourages him to call. It could also be a very subtly good play from the BB for that reason, effectively putting Cobalt in a position where he has to consider risking his stack while the BB is only risking a couple of hundred dollars.Why would you raise more if you had a set? Would you raise that big with AJ? Or with air? Or with a draw?I also don't understand this. Why do you arbitratily decide that it's a raise for information as opposed to a value raise with the best hand? The fact that he c/rs small against an EP preflop raiser who's c-betting the flop and a LP caller would seem that all of the information he needs is out there and that he should probably have a decent hand before he starts check-raising multiple opponents when OOP.
c/c with AJ here is horrible.BB line of thinking wiht AJ is as follows. C/R. hope cobalt folds and c/o calls. if cobalt doesnt fold, re-eveluate but prepared to give up the hand to cobalt.The raise is 195 into 295 + his 265, making it 195 to call into 560. Basically BB is giving cobalt decent odds to call, and c/o even better odds if cobalt calls.The raise is also small enough that he doesnt commit himself to this hand. (which is my reason for info, rather than value).The only logic i see from BB with a set and this play is if he had a very good read on Cobalt and C/O and knows they'll string along with mediocre hands.
because you have no idea where you are and no game plan for future streets.you going to c/c your way to showdown?
If you c/r, you're investing more money without knowing where you are.Especially with the other player in the pot. I think that a c/c followed by a turn lead, or c/c followed by a turn c/f (reasonably assuming that Cobalt rarely fires a 2nd bullet with air into 2 opponents) are both very reasonable options. I'm not saying that I'd never c/r here, but there are other viable options.The fact is that c/ring AJ here is bad because you're pretty far behind Cobalt's range if he's got a hand. If he's got air, then he's not gonna fire too often into 2 people again, and you have pretty easy decisions.I think that I like the flop call followed by a turn lead if the villain in the BB did have AJ here. I still think he's got a set way more often and that we should dump QQ.
If you c/r, you're investing more money without knowing where you are.Especially with the other player in the pot. I think that a c/c followed by a turn lead, or c/c followed by a turn c/f (reasonably assuming that Cobalt rarely fires a 2nd bullet with air into 2 opponents) are both very reasonable options. I'm not saying that I'd never c/r here, but there are other viable options.The fact is that c/ring AJ here is bad because you're pretty far behind Cobalt's range if he's got a hand. If he's got air, then he's not gonna fire too often into 2 people again, and you have pretty easy decisions.I think that I like the flop call followed by a turn lead if the villain in the BB did have AJ here. I still think he's got a set way more often and that we should dump QQ.
I think you're way off here.if cobalt has air, he wont be firing any bullets on 4th street. With AJ he has to be looking at the whole hands like so:c/r to fold out cobalt and his C-bet, hope Call station C/O comes along with QJ,KJ type holdings, and successfully stack off with C/O.

i just noticed somethingour flop bet is pretty small, just under half the pot. is this to intice a raise from CO? And he decides to call and BB C/R's. this is actually quite a pickle we've gotten into here.

i just noticed somethingour flop bet is pretty small, just under half the pot. is this to intice a raise from CO? And he decides to call and BB C/R's. this is actually quite a pickle we've gotten into here.
cobalts standard c-bet is 50%-60%