• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should get to see it in 2-2.5 weeks, inlaws are taking the little guy for a week. Since having a baby getting to go to the movies is like getting remarried.

It's the movie of the summer, really good.
Okay, now I've more time to think about it.Stuff that I liked:

When Cobb (Leo) is first describing the dream process to Ariadne (Ellen Page) in the cafe in Paris, I really liked how blowing up the street didn't look real. I thought it was a great example of using cg clean look and using it to move the story forward. Relatedly, I liked the practical effects as well--the rotating hallway, the wire work before the sleeping characters get into the elevator, and unless I'm mistaken, a bunch of the car chases looked real, too.I love the way Nolan (or Wally Pfister?) shoots architecture and cityscapes. I know they shot some in LA, I wish more of it was instantly recognizable.

Stuff that I didn't like:

I think Ellen Page was the weak link to the movie. I didn't believe she was a legendary student of some mysterious discipline. She doesn't give me the impression of the necessary intelligence or charisma that her role requires. This movie felt like a war against the environment, or circumstances, without a strong flesh and blood antagonist. I wished the characters or actors had more chemistry. Gordon-Levitt and Page are both good looking and likable. Why did their kiss feel so flat?

In general, I don't respond that strongly to alternate reality movies. I liked this movie, but I never felt like I loved it.

Nolan went really deep in the mind on this one. And boy, did it deliver. Also, Ellen Page looked really damn good.

Okay, now I've more time to think about it.Stuff that I liked:

When Cobb (Leo) is first describing the dream process to Ariadne (Ellen Page) in the cafe in Paris, I really liked how blowing up the street didn't look real. I thought it was a great example of using cg clean look and using it to move the story forward. Relatedly, I liked the practical effects as well--the rotating hallway, the wire work before the sleeping characters get into the elevator, and unless I'm mistaken, a bunch of the car chases looked real, too.I love the way Nolan (or Wally Pfister?) shoots architecture and cityscapes. I know they shot some in LA, I wish more of it was instantly recognizable.

Stuff that I didn't like:

I think Ellen Page was the weak link to the movie. I didn't believe she was a legendary student of some mysterious discipline. She doesn't give me the impression of the necessary intelligence or charisma that her role requires. This movie felt like a war against the environment, or circumstances, without a strong flesh and blood antagonist. I wished the characters or actors had more chemistry. Gordon-Levitt and Page are both good looking and likable. Why did their kiss feel so flat?

In general, I don't respond that strongly to alternate reality movies. I liked this movie, but I never felt like I loved it.

It looked flat because it wasn't a real kiss to the Ellen Page character. She was doing it to divert the subconcious.

It looked flat because it wasn't a real kiss to the Ellen Page character. She was doing it to divert the subconcious.

Call me old fashioned but

I think if you put two good looking, well dressed young people in a stressful situation, and they have to use sex as a distraction--it should feel hot.

I felt like it was inserted only to add a touch of humor to the scene and had nothing to do with chemistry. I liked it.

keep staring at pictures of underaged girls from Harry Potter you ****ing weirdo. I'm finally at the point where I'm going to ignore all your posts jackass
not my fault you're stupid. it's your parents.

Manage your ignored usersThis section allows you to set up your ignored users list.When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.Name Group Posts SuitedAces21 Members 14104 Remove YonYonson Members 722 Remove should have done that a long time ago

Manage your ignored usersThis section allows you to set up your ignored users list.When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.Name Group Posts SuitedAces21 Members 14104 Remove YonYonson Members 722 Remove should have done that a long time ago
if you think that will work, then i think it's endearing.

thought it was sweet, but kinda felt like casting watanabe (i.e. a non-native english speaker with a heavy accent) as a character who's responsible for a bunch of early exposition was maybe a mistake, but i think i followed everything pretty ok./racismfor a good laugh, read that amazing filmic idiot rex reed's review. the comments are pretty hilarious too.

thought it was sweet, but kinda felt like casting watanabe (i.e. a non-native english speaker with a heavy accent) as a character who's responsible for a bunch of early exposition was maybe a mistake, but i think i followed everything pretty ok./racismfor a good laugh, read that amazing filmic idiot rex reed's review. the comments are pretty hilarious too.
Wow, that critic is a real piece of work.