Heads Up Cash Vs. Tourney Play

ok, newbie here, i know, i give you permission to flame away if this is a stupid question(not that you will need it, you all are gonna do it anyways)I play a lot of heads up s&g's, mostly stud, sometimes holdem and horse. ive recently found myself playing heads up cash games late at night, and im wondering if the same rules to heads up tourney apply to heads up cash games as far as playing almost evey hand, raising your button(in holdem and omaha.) if i could get some insight to this, that would be great!p.s., if ya'll are ever in california and want to do some wine tasting let me know, i work for a wine company out here.

ok, newbie here, i know, i give you permission to flame away if this is a stupid question(not that you will need it, you all are gonna do it anyways)I play a lot of heads up s&g's, mostly stud, sometimes holdem and horse. ive recently found myself playing heads up cash games late at night, and im wondering if the same rules to heads up tourney apply to heads up cash games as far as playing almost evey hand, raising your button(in holdem and omaha.) if i could get some insight to this, that would be great!p.s., if ya'll are ever in california and want to do some wine tasting let me know, i work for a wine company out here.
You should almost always raise preflop with the button in the cash game, true. There are some differences as far as how much to raise because that # is so dependent on chip stacks. But basically, raising on the button heads up is pretty standard in both tourney and cash games. Just be good at playing postflop to extract the maximum value for your marginal holdings, while minimizing losses. That is the key to heads up. Making great value bets also help out a lot in heads up. Know your player, and exploit him, GL. For a further, more in depth response, what types of tourneys and or cash games? SNG heads up? Deep stack?

i dont do so well in my MTT's, but for some reason in heads up sng's and single table s&g's $10-20 i do very well. as far as cash games go, the 1-2 CAP NL at fulltilt is quite a delicious game. especially if its late at night, im often playin heads up. (im up extremely early for work)

i dont do so well in my MTT's, but for some reason in heads up sng's and single table s&g's $10-20 i do very well. as far as cash games go, the 1-2 CAP NL at fulltilt is quite a delicious game. especially if its late at night, im often playin heads up. (im up extremely early for work)
CAP game? That changes everything. What is the CAP on the 1-2 NL, $50? (just guessing)

60, but close enough. i always play 6 max, but most of the time am playing 2-3 handed. it gets pretty wicked if theres a full table w/ hypo-aggro players. w/ the cap nl, chip stacks aren't too big of an issue as the most u are risking per hand is 60 bucks

60, but close enough. i always play 6 max, but most of the time am playing 2-3 handed. it gets pretty wicked if theres a full table w/ hypo-aggro players. w/ the cap nl, chip stacks aren't too big of an issue as the most u are risking per hand is 60 bucks
Why not play 50NL then? Do you prefer the super aggro play from your villians in a shorthanded and/or HU match versus a normal ring 50NL game? You like the action? Can you exploit aggro Villains easily?
You should almost always raise preflop with the button in the cash game, true. There are some differences as far as how much to raise because that # is so dependent on chip stacks. But basically, raising on the button heads up is pretty standard in both tourney and cash games. Just be good at playing postflop to extract the maximum value for your marginal holdings, while minimizing losses. That is the key to heads up. Making great value bets also help out a lot in heads up. Know your player, and exploit him, GL. For a further, more in depth response, what types of tourneys and or cash games? SNG heads up? Deep stack?
gh. gc. gp.

i guess ive just found comfort in these cap games. i can exploit my hypo-aggro villains because i set up my table image as a conservative player, and wait for the nuts, show it down once or twice, then am able to pick up a lot of pots on bluffs...i really oughta try those 50nl games.

i guess ive just found comfort in these cap games. i can exploit my hypo-aggro villains because i set up my table image as a conservative player, and wait for the nuts, show it down once or twice, then am able to pick up a lot of pots on bluffs...i really oughta try those 50nl games.
I'm sure the variance would be higher in the cap games because people will play so aggressively and jam the pots every chance they get, especially short handed, but if you have a huge roll then that wouldn't be a big problem. So, basically, what are your questions?

if tournament heads up and cash game heads up should be played the same, given similar stack sizes (in a non cap game?) the variance in the cap games is a lot higher as people who have just blown their rolls will go to the cap games to minimize the risk factor, knowing they dont have much behind.(speaking from experience here :club: )

if tournament heads up and cash game heads up should be played the same, given similar stack sizes (in a non cap game?) the variance in the cap games is a lot higher as people who have just blown their rolls will go to the cap games to minimize the risk factor, knowing they dont have much behind.(speaking from experience here :club: )
That's what I said? Short handed cap games=more variance.
which part of CA?