was down tonight (the sequel), took 335 to 10/20

Well lol this time I left with 844.80. It was insane again. I get AJ spades first hand. This time it went a lot rougher at the start. I was so worried here is first hand, giving me a heart attack as usual.** Game ID 604583445 starting - 2005-12-08 00:19:45** Bravery Of Being [Hold 'em] (10.00|20.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money- Pappapoker sitting in seat 1 with $399.00- KRISTEN01 sitting in seat 2 with $308.50 [sitting out]- Dynon07 sitting in seat 3 with $315.49- knobber sitting in seat 4 with $854.50 [Dealer]- lirarerik sitting in seat 6 with $2853.50lirarerik posted the small blind - $10.00Pappapoker posted the big blind - $20.00Dynon07 posted to play - $20.00** Dealing card to Dynon07: Ace of Spades, Jack of SpadesDynon07 checkedknobber called - $20.00lirarerik foldedPappapoker checked** Dealing the flop: 6 of Spades, 3 of Diamonds, 2 of SpadesPappapoker checkedDynon07 bet - $40.00knobber called - $40.00Pappapoker called - $40.00** Dealing the turn: 4 of ClubsPappapoker checkedDynon07 checkedknobber checked** Dealing the river: 2 of DiamondsPappapoker checkedDynon07 bet - $150.00knobber foldedPappapoker called - $150.00Dynon07 shows: Ace of Spades, Jack of SpadesPappapoker shows: 4 of Spades, 7 of SpadesPappapoker wins $488.00 from the main potEnd of game 604583445WORST CALL EVER................................ I was so angry about to give up hope.... THEN MIRACLE TURN NEXT HAND.** Game ID 604585837 starting - 2005-12-08 00:24:02** Bravery Of Being [Hold 'em] (10.00|20.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money- Pappapoker sitting in seat 1 with $745.00- KRISTEN01 sitting in seat 2 with $471.50- Dynon07 sitting in seat 3 with $65.49 [Dealer]- mike2222 sitting in seat 5 with $742.00- fanthomet sitting in seat 6 with $1090.93mike2222 posted the small blind - $10.00fanthomet posted the big blind - $20.00** Dealing card to Dynon07: 4 of Diamonds, 4 of SpadesPappapoker foldedKRISTEN01 foldedDynon07 went all-in - $65.49mike2222 raised - $110.98fanthomet called - $110.98** Dealing the flop: Queen of Hearts, King of Spades, 6 of Diamondsmike2222 bet - $280.00fanthomet called - $280.00** Dealing the turn: 4 of Heartsmike2222 went all-in - $361.02fanthomet called - $361.02mike2222 shows: Ace of Diamonds, Queen of Clubsfanthomet shows: King of Diamonds, 9 of Diamonds** Dealing the river: 10 of HeartsDynon07 wins $194.47 from the main potfanthomet wins $1373.02 from side pot 1End of game 604585837So now im rolling again kinda but still crippled hard...Then I flop nut flush in BB and check it down and win like 90 with blinds, then next hand I take a stab with K 10 and take it down so I got like 217, still crappy, but fighting off blinds. So next hand I'm in the SB and of course BB attacks me.** Game ID 604589738 starting - 2005-12-08 00:31:25** Bravery Of Being [Hold 'em] (10.00|20.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money- Pappapoker sitting in seat 1 with $783.00- KRISTEN01 sitting in seat 2 with $461.50 [Dealer]- Dynon07 sitting in seat 3 with $188.47- liubei sitting in seat 4 with $1856.81- mike2222 sitting in seat 5 with $1124.00- fanthomet sitting in seat 6 with $1195.95Dynon07 posted the small blind - $10.00liubei posted the big blind - $20.00** Dealing card to Dynon07: 6 of Hearts, Ace of Heartsmike2222 foldedfanthomet foldedPappapoker foldedKRISTEN01 foldedDynon07 called - $20.00liubei bet - $60.00Dynon07 called - $60.00** Dealing the flop: 4 of Hearts, 8 of Spades, 3 of HeartsDynon07 checkedliubei bet - $800.00Dynon07 went all-in - $138.47liubei shows: Queen of Diamonds, 5 of Hearts** Dealing the turn: Ace of Spades** Dealing the river: Ace of DiamondsDynon07 wins $393.94 from the main potEnd of game 604589738So 2 hands later I get KK** Game ID 604590366 starting - 2005-12-08 00:32:33** Bravery Of Being [Hold 'em] (10.00|20.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money- Pappapoker sitting in seat 1 with $763.00- KRISTEN01 sitting in seat 2 with $491.50- Dynon07 sitting in seat 3 with $393.94- liubei sitting in seat 4 with $1618.34- mike2222 sitting in seat 5 with $1171.00 [Dealer]- fanthomet sitting in seat 6 with $1165.95fanthomet posted the small blind - $10.00Pappapoker posted the big blind - $20.00** Dealing card to Dynon07: King of Hearts, King of SpadesKRISTEN01 foldedDynon07 raised - $60.00liubei raised - $240.00mike2222 foldedfanthomet foldedPappapoker foldedDynon07 went all-in - $333.94liubei called - $393.94liubei shows: 9 of Hearts, 9 of Clubs** Dealing the flop: 5 of Diamonds, Queen of Spades, 8 of Spades** Dealing the turn: 6 of Hearts** Dealing the river: 2 of HeartsDynon07 wins $814.88 from the main potEnd of game 604590366Then hand after I GET KK AGAIN. So now im really scared , I raised it up to 80 and everyone folded and I left immediately with 844.80

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astounding.You played the first exceptionally poorly. You would've won the hand if you had simply raised preflop.I don't know who the hero is that thinks he needs to call off all his chips with 99, but that's not good poker.I don't really see the point of betting 800 dollars into a 120 dollar pot, nor your call. I really enjoyed the preflop all in with pocket fours...the blinds were going up so quickly, you know, any two cards...wait. This wasn't a tourney? Bad play.This is just..amazing.If I had been at the table I would've said something like.."Jesus, this is kinda like trying to watch a blind, deaf, retarded kid hump a door knob."Glad to see all the advice from before has really sunken in. TP/MM

Astounding.You played the first exceptionally poorly. You would've won the hand if you had simply raised preflop.I don't know who the hero is that thinks he needs to call off all his chips with 99, but that's not good poker.I don't really see the point of betting 800 dollars into a 120 dollar pot, nor your call. I really enjoyed the preflop all in with pocket fours...the blinds were going up so quickly, you know, any two cards...wait. This wasn't a tourney? Bad play.This is just..amazing.If I had been at the table I would've said something like.."Jesus, this is kinda like trying to watch a blind, deaf, retarded kid hump a door knob."Glad to see all the advice from before has really sunken in. TP/MM
Ah people regulate too hard on this site. Yeah i dont raise AJ suited normally, so I wouldn't when I'm trying to survive in this gigantic room.Sorry that guy calling 150 with a pair of 4's is pathethic. He was there just like me taking a shot. Must be an idiot. Again I went here after a gay day or 1/2 and 2/4 where the worst calls in the world were made on me and I got outdrawn all in lots of times so I just went back and took a shot. Both times I went I didn't make any terrible plays, I made the 150 bluff knowing both of them didn't have straight, he made an idiotic call.The 44 hand I was left with 65 bucks or something and blinds are 20 no other option really. 99 hand whatever i won that.Flush draw hand I knew he had nothing and was just trying to steal my blinds.I just don't see how I am an idiot here, I'm playing survival poker here not my normal strategy. I just don't think it was that bad. Looking for the quick fix after a bad day and it worked again, I didn't make any terrible plays.
Im trying to picture the other people at the table frothing at the mouth at the prospect of having you at their table for a while.
Maybe when I play survival poker at high stakes but not normally when I play 1/2 and 2/4 I just take take take and never give back. Just took a chance and made things happen.
Ah people regulate too hard on this site. Yeah i dont raise AJ suited normally, so I wouldn't when I'm trying to survive in this gigantic room.Sorry that guy calling 150 with a pair of 4's is pathethic. He was there just like me taking a shot. Must be an idiot.
Um, he correctly put you on a missed flush draw. I've made similar calls when people make the same plays.
Again I went here after a gay day or 1/2 and 2/4 where the worst calls in the world were made on me and I got outdrawn all in lots of times so I just went back and took a shot. Both times I went I didn't make any terrible plays, I made the 150 bluff knowing both of them didn't have straight, he made an idiotic call.
A lot of times, when you're "outdrawn" it's because you played poorly and didn't make the correct decisions to get people to fold their hands. Just saying.
The 44 hand I was left with 65 bucks or something and blinds are 20 no other option really.
Cash out and save the 65 bucks? That's 32.5 big bets at 1/2.
99 hand whatever i won that.
Because the other guy was a jackalope.
Flush draw hand I knew he had nothing and was just trying to steal my blinds.
Irrelevant. You had nothing. You were not getting the correct odds to call with JUST a flush draw and, let me explain something. You don't steal blinds in a ring game. You really don't. It's not necessary. Sure, can raise hands from position that are mediocre, it's good for table image, but don't raise from the button just to be ''stealing blinds". Do it because you've got position and expect to take control of the hand postflop.
I just don't see how I am an idiot here, I'm playing survival poker here not my normal strategy. I just don't think it was that bad. Looking for the quick fix after a bad day and it worked again, I didn't make any terrible plays.
And these three statements are why you will never get better. You played horrendously. Honestly. You showed, what, 6 hands and you played 5 of them terribly?

Man you are so off base its not even funny. Apparently when you win hands you are ahead here you are an idiot. I went to 10/20 to get back to what I started with and leave. Leaving with 32.5 Big bets means nothing to me , my bankroll is a lot larger. Secondly I don't have enough to play correctly here.Third this differs from my normal strat entirely. I don't raise AJ and A10 and all that cause when I play normally I always fire after the flop. I lead all hands I am in, and if I'm not I fold. IMO raising AJ is stupid if you are an aggressive player. The 44 hand wasn't stupid and funny how I had the best hand. If I didn't see leaving as an option (which I didn't ) I had to go all in here. Blinds were coming around it was the best hand i was going to get. With the A6 suited hand with the flush draw I called 60 with a suited hand and flopped the flush draw, what more could I hope for, I 'm not going to fold what I'm drawing to.I didn't play any of these hands badly, I don't understand your logic in that and the call with 4 7 was super dumb. I don't care how many heros condone it.I don't mean to insult people but Its very annoying when you post stuff here for fun and get ridiculed to death. I wasn't looking for criticism on these hands, I was playing as a desperate shortstack but at least I was ahead in every single hand I was in.I'm sure your advice is very good and you seem to know odds and all that good, but I wasn't playing my normal strat here so you can't just condemn someones entire game for when they went to a giant room with 15 blinds. The plays you can make are very limited. So if you guys want continue to flame/hate/ whatever you guys do best I 'll just keep trying to defend myself which is totally uneccessary cause I've been living off this game for 2 years. My bankroll is fine, I took a shot it worked. Why do people have to hate on that so bad?

You said you are taking a shot.This isn't taking a shot. Do you see why?- Jordan
The shot was going broke or getting back to what I started with. Buying in short is a bad idea, but I decided to take the risk.
Man you are so off base its not even funny. Apparently when you win hands you are ahead here you are an idiot. I went to 10/20 to get back to what I started with and leave. Leaving with 32.5 Big bets means nothing to me , my bankroll is a lot larger.
Then buy in for the proper amount if your bankroll's larger. And what would you have done if you had gone bust? Bought back in? That's why this is a bad idea.
Secondly I don't have enough to play correctly here.
Why? Your bankroll can survive you pissing away 32.5 big bets no problem.
Third this differs from my normal strat entirely. I don't raise AJ and A10 and all that cause when I play normally I always fire after the flop. I lead all hands I am in, and if I'm not I fold. IMO raising AJ is stupid if you are an aggressive player.
If you don't raise AJ/A10 in position or shorthanded, that's a leak.
The 44 hand wasn't stupid and funny how I had the best hand. If I didn't see leaving as an option (which I didn't ) I had to go all in here. Blinds were coming around it was the best hand i was going to get.
I agree you had the best hand, but I don't see the point. You're going to rebuy if you lose this hand? Or are you going to go back to 1/2 and 2/4? If you're going to rebuy, do it now and play right. IF you're going to go back to 1/2 and 2/4, then just go.
With the A6 suited hand with the flush draw I called 60 with a suited hand and flopped the flush draw, what more could I hope for, I 'm not going to fold what I'm drawing to.
Why call 60 with A6 but not bet 60 with AJ? You played that whole hand poorly, so I suppose a call was warranted.
I didn't play any of these hands badly, I don't understand your logic in that and the call with 4 7 was super dumb. I don't care how many heros condone it.
Then you're losing money in these situations, and yes, you did play them terribly. The desperate river bluff from someone you put on a flush draw happens quite regularly. "I can't win if I don't bet."
I don't mean to insult people but Its very annoying when you post stuff here for fun and get ridiculed to death. I wasn't looking for criticism on these hands, I was playing as a desperate shortstack but at least I was ahead in every single hand I was in.
Don't post in strategy then? Post this in General, see how much worse the flaming gets.
I'm sure your advice is very good and you seem to know odds and all that good, but I wasn't playing my normal strat here so you can't just condemn someones entire game for when they went to a giant room with 15 blinds. The plays you can make are very limited. So if you guys want continue to flame/hate/ whatever you guys do best I 'll just keep trying to defend myself which is totally uneccessary cause I've been living off this game for 2 years. My bankroll is fine, I took a shot it worked. Why do people have to hate on that so bad?
You've taken two shots and played mediocre/poorly on both. If you're that succesful, then whatever makes you happy. But ask anyone else on this forum their opinion and tell me who disagrees. I'll call them a fucking idiot to their face as well.I'm sorry if you think I'm coming down on you and tearing you up, but, you really don't see how bad this is and I'm trying to help you. That's all.

I only have three things to say to this dumbshit.1) You sat down with 15bb and POSTED UTG? WTF??2)

Maybe when I play survival poker at high stakes but not normally when I play 1/2 and 2/4 I just take take take and never give back. Just took a chance and made things happen.
Dude, you had $1836.56 yesterday, and apparently you pissed that down to 300 in a DAY sitting at 1/2 and 2/4, which you "crush".3) congratsdumbass.jpg-fop
Man you are so off base its not even funny. Apparently when you win hands you are ahead here you are an idiot. I went to 10/20 to get back to what I started with and leave. Leaving with 32.5 Big bets means nothing to me , my bankroll is a lot larger.
Then buy in for the proper amount if your bankroll's larger. And what would you have done if you had gone bust? Bought back in? That's why this is a bad idea.In an effort to drop the hostility level I will justify these points calmly. I could have reloaded in 2/4 and 1/2 and played yes, but I didn't feel like wasting another few hours trying to grind back 600 dollars, I already was running into bad luck all night and uber uber aggressive euros were not helping the situation, the only way to beat them is to have good cards.So I went to 10/20 just for a quick happiness fix. Bad idea normally, YES, would I recommend it to others, NO. But I did it
Secondly I don't have enough to play correctly here.
Why? Your bankroll can survive you censored away 32.5 big bets no problem.Yeah actually it can but I was looking to make the money back quick or bust and come back tomorrow and play correctly.
Third this differs from my normal strat entirely. I don't raise AJ and A10 and all that cause when I play normally I always fire after the flop. I lead all hands I am in, and if I'm not I fold. IMO raising AJ is stupid if you are an aggressive player.
If you don't raise AJ/A10 in position or shorthanded, that's a leak. This is not a leak, to me. Raising A 10 and A J to me is a giant mistake for my strategy. I only raise made hands preflop , cause I always fire flop hard, and if someone raises me and I fold it destroys my image. AJ beats no other raisable hands and A 10 is garbage and will only get you in trouble. Normally I play tight and super aggressive so you can be betting the farm with A 10 and A J or your going to get slaughtered. How often does A 10 win in a raised pot? Never. AJ is weak too. Not good for someone who only bets strong hands hard and leads.
The 44 hand wasn't stupid and funny how I had the best hand. If I didn't see leaving as an option (which I didn't ) I had to go all in here. Blinds were coming around it was the best hand i was going to get.
I agree you had the best hand, but I don't see the point. You're going to rebuy if you lose this hand? Or are you going to go back to 1/2 and 2/4? If you're going to rebuy, do it now and play right. IF you're going to go back to 1/2 and 2/4, then just go. Yeah man I was just going to call it a night and come back tomorrow calm and just win like I always do. Playing 10/20 is way outta my normal bankroll , I just went to instantly fix problems. I just didn't have the time to play right or the patience. Again I know this is normally a bad idea but I could really handle consequences if I lost my 315.
With the A6 suited hand with the flush draw I called 60 with a suited hand and flopped the flush draw, what more could I hope for, I 'm not going to fold what I'm drawing to.
Why call 60 with A6 but not bet 60 with AJ? You played that whole hand poorly, so I suppose a call was warranted.That guy was a complete moron. He was raising KJ and 67 and QJ and such super large amounts. IMO that is a weakness, just a different strategy that doesn't suit me or someone who wants to win every night every time. AJ is weak again. I don't think you should fold to what you are drawing to.
I didn't play any of these hands badly, I don't understand your logic in that and the call with 4 7 was super dumb. I don't care how many heros condone it.
Then you're losing money in these situations, and yes, you did play them terribly. The desperate river bluff from someone you put on a flush draw happens quite regularly. "I can't win if I don't bet."
I don't mean to insult people but Its very annoying when you post stuff here for fun and get ridiculed to death. I wasn't looking for criticism on these hands, I was playing as a desperate shortstack but at least I was ahead in every single hand I was in.
Don't post in strategy then? Post this in General, see how much worse the flaming gets. I posted my strategy once and It got me a lot of compliments through AIM and private messages. Play the list and trust the gut is the thread if you want to read my normal strategy. I got flamed by first usual perpetual doubters as usual, then legit people backed me up and it turned into great thread.Most of the time the people who regulate me just can't think outside the box and just start throwing EV numbers and statistics in your face. It's not very convincing and most of the time its just annoying.
I'm sure your advice is very good and you seem to know odds and all that good, but I wasn't playing my normal strat here so you can't just condemn someones entire game for when they went to a giant room with 15 blinds. The plays you can make are very limited. So if you guys want continue to flame/hate/ whatever you guys do best I 'll just keep trying to defend myself which is totally uneccessary cause I've been living off this game for 2 years. My bankroll is fine, I took a shot it worked. Why do people have to hate on that so bad?
You've taken two shots and played mediocre/poorly on both. If you're that succesful, then whatever makes you happy. But ask anyone else on this forum their opinion and tell me who disagrees. I'll call them a fucking idiot to their face as well.Mediocre, I guess. I had good reads, and had best hand preflop everytime. Yeah I played some tourney poker which I don't normally condone in cash games, but hey, I had to. Poorly , I strongly disagree with you on that. Maybe mediocre I can see, but its obvious from your posts your interpertation of the right play is different than mine.I'm sorry if you think I'm coming down on you and tearing you up, but, you really don't see how bad this is and I'm trying to help you. That's all.
Yeah playing out of your roll is dumb. But in no way am I a bad player. I was playing tournament poker which normally I swear against and hate on people who do it. Stealing blinds in cash game, yeah its a stupid concept, but I fired flop hard and took it down cause the extra 40 really made the difference. I didn't mean for this to get nasty , I just wanted to post my experience.
I only have three things to say to this dumbshit.1) You sat down with 15bb and POSTED UTG? WTF??2)
Dude, you had $1836.56 yesterday, and apparently you pissed that down to 300 in a DAY sitting at 1/2 and 2/4, which you "crush".3) congratsdumbass.jpg-fop
Ugh actually I cashed out 3000 earlier, from when I was up 1200 my first session today, and the 1800 from yesterday. In my 2nd session today I had 800 on site which got bleeded down to 315. Then I went to 10/20.I posted the BB, the guy that was supposed to be BB sat out.Whats with all this unneccessary negativetly. Chill out guys really.

Few things, first off you're playing with scared $. To not raise AJs in a 4 handed, 4 handed!!! game is absurd.#2 calling with 47 a pair of 4's is a fairly easy call on the river. 150$ is less then an 8 bb bet. Its not a big bet and its fairly obvious you took a stab on the flop and then checked the river with overs or a flush draw (in this case both) and then took another stab at the river.The 44 hand is kind of just a whatever case imo. You had 3.5 bb, its unlikely your're dominated in a 4 handed game. So not a big deal.Lets see what else. You called off 1/3 your stack preflop, out of position with A6s. If you're gonna take a stand push over the top preflop instead of playing a marginal hand at best.The all in call with 99 makes plenty of sense. People dont seem to realize how unbelievably shortstacked dynon is buying in here. In the end you're flipping coins for money as any decent hand and you're stuck committing your entire stack.I've watched enough of the 10/20 nl game on stars to know that the regulars there make all their $ off of people like this who jump up with insufficient funds and basically give away their $.Dynon whats your bankroll at as i'm assuming its no where near enough to play 2/4 nl let alone 10/20 nl.

I'm not going to do the disservice to everyone else of quoting that last big hunk, but I will address a few things. -If you're running bad at 1/2 and 2/4, I don't see how jumping to 10/20 will cure this.-If you're not raising AJ and A10 from position in a shorthand game, I'm telling you, that's a leak. Ask Aseem, ask Smash, ask KDawg, ask Custom, ask whoever you need to help you believe it. -And AJ is always behind raising hands? KQs? 98s? J10s? It sounds like your preflop is weak tight and your postflop is extremely aggro. I don't get that. -Calling with A6 is much much weaker than betting with AJ. Do you understand why this is true?-I'd rather make a raise with the KJ, 98s and so on that you complained about than call a raise with A6. Do you know why?-You talked about how you "need" cards to beat these "crazy euros". You mean to tell me there's people who are calling stations, who play, poker, online? Noooooo. You need to adjust to this. Tighten up and don't bluff someone who will most certainly call.-Do NOT play 10/20 hoping for a quick fix, these people are not your 2/4 rejects.-Please post when you lose 335 bucks the next time you try this.

I posted the BB, the guy that was supposed to be BB sat out.Whats with all this unneccessary negativetly. Chill out guys really.
- Pappapoker sitting in seat 1 with $399.00  - KRISTEN01 sitting in seat 2 with $308.50 [sitting out]  - Dynon07 sitting in seat 3 with $315.49  - knobber sitting in seat 4 with $854.50 [Dealer]  - lirarerik sitting in seat 6 with $2853.50  lirarerik posted the small blind - $10.00  Pappapoker posted the big blind - $20.00  Dynon07 posted to play - $20.00 ** Dealing card to Dynon07: Ace of Spades, Jack of Spades  Dynon07 checked  knobber called - $20.00  lirarerik folded  Pappapoker checked
Umm....?As far as the negativity, you are making brag posts about playing way over your head, and your play is horrible. What did you expect? Pats on the back? Jesus. :roll: -fop
Few things, first off you're playing with scared $.  To not raise AJs in a 4 handed, 4 handed!!! game is absurd.#2 calling with 47 a pair of 4's is a fairly easy call on the river.  150$ is less then an 8 bb bet.  Its not a big bet and its fairly obvious you took a stab on the flop and then checked the river with overs or a flush draw (in this case both) and then took another stab at the river.The 44 hand is kind of just a whatever case imo.  You had 3.5 bb, its unlikely your're dominated in a 4 handed game.  So not a big deal.Lets see what else.  You called off 1/3 your stack preflop, out of position with A6s.  If you're gonna take a stand push over the top preflop instead of playing a marginal hand at best.The all in call with 99 makes plenty of sense.  People dont seem to realize how unbelievably shortstacked dynon is buying in here.  In the end you're flipping coins for money as any decent hand and you're stuck committing your entire stack.I've watched enough of the 10/20 nl game on stars to know that the regulars there make all their $ off of people like this who jump up with insufficient funds and basically give away their $.Dynon whats your bankroll at as i'm assuming its no where near enough to play 2/4 nl let alone 10/20 nl.
I just re-read, and you're right. It'd be like calling an all in for 40 bucks in a 1/2 game. Fair enough. That was the one hand I gave him for playing 'not like a tard'. Everything else in your post was, dead on.
I'm not going to do the disservice to everyone else of quoting that last big hunk, but I will address a few things.  -If you're running bad at 1/2 and 2/4, I don't see how jumping to 10/20 will cure this.Not really running that bad just wanted to get it back quick.-If you're not raising AJ and A10 from position in a shorthand game, I'm telling you, that's a leak. Ask Aseem, ask Smash, ask KDawg, ask Custom, ask whoever you need to help you believe it.  I don't need to ask anyone. I play to win every single night. Avoid variance. Raising AJ and A 10 is wrong IMO. I don't care how many people throw numbers my way. That is not a winning play.  -And AJ is always behind raising hands? KQs? 98s? J10s? It sounds like your preflop is weak tight and your postflop is extremely aggro. I don't get that.  Yeah thats kinda how I play, bet really hard into people that have  calling problems.  -Calling with A6 is much much weaker than betting with AJ. Do you understand why this is true?Yeah calling is weak all together. You should either raise or fold, but I just wanted to see the flop.  -I'd rather make a raise with the KJ, 98s and so on that you complained about than call a raise with A6. Do you know why?Yeah cause calling is a bad play as I said, but I was playing scared.-You talked about how you "need" cards to beat these "crazy euros". You mean to tell me there's people who are calling stations, who play, poker, online? Noooooo.  You need to adjust to this. Tighten up and don't bluff someone who will most certainly call.In a room full of crazy people who are all heros, you are raising A 10 , J 10 and K J every hand and refuse to fold when they catch even a piece of the flop yeah you gotta have cards to beat them , they have poor judgment.-Do NOT play 10/20 hoping for a quick fix, these people are not your 2/4 rejects.If I had money I would go there everyday. The play is not that over my head, in fact its easily beatable I just dont have 40K lying around.-Please post when you lose 335 bucks the next time you try this.
I guess I will but my judgment is not that bad, like everyone says.My bankroll is around 10-11K for whoever asked.
I guess I will but my judgment is not that bad, like everyone says.My bankroll is around 10-11K for whoever asked.
If your bankroll is this size then risking 300$ at 10/20 nl isnt a huge deal. Just the thing is you're putting yourself into a game thats way higher then you usually play at a time when you most likely aren't playing your best because you are down money. You would be much better off taking a shot and playing a 5/10 nl game (with the full 1k buy in) when you're up a decent amount on the day rather risk going farther into a hole in a game that you have little to no advantage over as you are buying in for less then 20 bb.I understand you're problem as I used to go through it as well. Just in the end if you go to crazy with it these -500$ days that are pretty easy to swallow (considering your roll) will turn into -1500-2k days that are much harder to take.
Few things, first off you're playing with scared $.  To not raise AJs in a 4 handed, 4 handed!!! game is absurd.Absurd you guys really love this AJ hand that beats no quality raised hands......#2 calling with 47 a pair of 4's is a fairly easy call on the river.  150$ is less then an 8 bb bet.  Its not a big bet and its fairly obvious you took a stab on the flop and then checked the river with overs or a flush draw (in this case both) and then took another stab at the river.Yeah normally might agree, but guy sat there lowstacked just like me to try to hit a big hand, just seemed like a dumb call with the one card straight out. You guys seem to lean a little bit more towards give people credit for good calls so I can see where you are all coming from.  The 44 hand is kind of just a whatever case imo.  You had 3.5 bb, its unlikely your're dominated in a 4 handed game.  So not a big deal.Lets see what else.  You called off 1/3 your stack preflop, out of position with A6s.  If you're gonna take a stand push over the top preflop instead of playing a marginal hand at best.I wanted to see the flop, yeah it was a mistake but getting it all in preflop normally doesn't appeal to me at all.The all in call with 99 makes plenty of sense.  People dont seem to realize how unbelievably shortstacked dynon is buying in here.  In the end you're flipping coins for money as any decent hand and you're stuck committing your entire stack.Exactly thats why none of the plays are that ridiculous.I've watched enough of the 10/20 nl game on stars to know that the regulars there make all their $ off of people like this who jump up with insufficient funds and basically give away their $.Yeah I hate shortstacks with all my soul, they actually ruin the quality of the game. These people do normally lose but every now and they double up or even more.Dynon whats your bankroll at as i'm assuming its no where near enough to play 2/4 nl let alone 10/20 nl.
My bankroll is fine, I just wanted 500 back quick.
If your bankroll is this size then risking 300$ at 10/20 nl isnt a huge deal. Just the thing is you're putting yourself into a game thats why higher then you usually play at a time when you most likely aren't playing your best because you are down money. You would be much better off taking a shot and playing a 5/10 nl game (with the full 1k buy in) when you're up a decent amount on the day rather risk going farther into a hole in a game that you have little to no advantage over as you are buying in for less then 20 bb.I understand you're problem as I used to go through it as well. Just in the end if you go to crazy with it these -500$ days that are pretty easy to swallow (considering your roll) will turn into -1500-2k days that are much harder to take.
Thats good advice and when I see people buy in for 20 at the 200 I laugh at them, even when they buy in for 60 I laugh at them. So i know those guys were obviously laughing at me trying to kill me off so someone with some actual money could come in , not some gay shortstack who only goes all in frequently.
Whats with all this unneccessary negativetly. Chill out guys really.
because you posted in strategy w/o any interest in discussin strategy. its simple really. this belonged in general.
Yeah your right. This is a dumb thing to do normally and from a strategy standpoint retarded. I just posted it here cause the other one was here.