Official Suggestions Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F1, F2, F3 action keys
  • Chat Lobby
  • "smart" slider for chips that goes up in increments that make sense. DN was complaining about this.
  • resizeable tables
  • more obvious which actions you've pre-selected and whose turn it is to act
  • detachable / resizeable chat window
  • A way to differentiate which site you are playing from - a way for players to "represent" their site at final tables. A ton of interest was expressed in this when i brought it up.
  • readily accessable: how much is in your poker account, how much is in play, etc.
  • ability to play more than 3 tables
  • differentiate observers in chat / ability to turn them off
  • an indicator if an UTG bet is a min bet or a live straddle

Better cards, not so fake. Better sounds for actions, and ability to turn each individually on or off. Also, before the tournament starts in sit and go, even if there isn't everyone signed up, it should tell you the prize pool.And, why does the website pop open when I log into the poker client? It's not neccesary.

• Themes, styles and skins
  • Instant replay hand history
  • Request tournament summaries by email
  • Badugi, Triple Draw, Pineapple and other such games (provided the new network is expected to have the traffic to support)
  • Marketing effort to try and make the new network the official home of Omaha 8 poker. I am sure there are a lot of people here that would love to see well populated Omaha 8 games.
  • Resizable windows or at least options of a mini/compact view or something

copied from the other thread (you may want to pin this thread in general as well):ok, i just have started fiddling around, and i have a few suggestions:-first, in limit games, when raises are made, the chips get stacked in one pile rather than separate piles which makes it more difficult to see both the amount of the raise and the number of raises that have been made. other sites make one pile for each raise in limit games, and i find this easier to follow the action.-it's a bit hard to figure out who the action is currently on. could you add a little arrow or something on the table to indicate that?-this is a picky thing, but the suit indicators (diamond, club, etc) on face cards is in a different place on the card than on the number cards. this makes the boards seem a bit less aesthetically pleasing. but i'm picky, so whatever on this one smile.gif.-rather than bubbles that highlight, the advance action buttons should have check boxes so it's easier to tell if you've (accidentally) checked one of them.-statistics. some of us keep records and we need to know how many hands we've played smile.gif.-separate tabs for NL, Limit, and PL varieties of each game available would be nice in the lobby.-does the tournament tab have to open a new window?-please have links from the program to the internet use our default browser instead of IE. i hate IE.-empty seats still have the avatars in them, and that makes it a little misleading as to how many people are at the table.-similarly, if we had an option to remove avatars entirely in preferences, that would be nice.-the chat box auto-comes-to-front when you're typing, say, a forum post. could you make it such that to chat at the table you have to physically click an area in which to type? (this is something i HATE about UB and stars, but really liked about ongame)

It's always opening Internet Explorer windows. If it needs to open browser windows at all (I prefer screens in the application) it should open a tab in your default browser, not a window in IE. I have IE7 (though it's not my primary browser) and it's opening a new window all the time even though IE7 has tabs.I don't want it opening a browser window/tab at all when I log into the poker room. I just don't need to be opening FCP's site every time I want to play poker, especially when that means opening a whole application, IE... which is slower than FireFox (which I usually already have open). Also, a problem with every online poker room: the method of choosing bet sizes in NL isn't optimal. How about customizable buttons so we could bet certain amounts, e.g. 3x the bb preflop, 1/2 the pot postflop? Multiple customizable buttons.

Some of these have been stated already, but the important ones I feel deserve reinteration so.....Essential for game play

• F1, F2, F3 action keys!!!
  • "Smart" slider for bet amount
  • Checkboxes instead of the bubbles!
  • No avatars when seats are empty! (seriously, it's confusing)
  • BOLD TEXT for the table $$$ amounts
  • A graphic NOTES icon so I know which players I have notes on
  • Live straddle indicator
  • Chat entry box
  • 10 Handed ring games instead of 9

Aesthetic/Other

• Chat lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Resizeable Tables!!!
  • New deck of cards
  • Why open Tournaments in a new window?
  • Stop opening IE (or any browser) on startup - so annoying.
  • Themes/skins with REALISTIC looking tables!!!!!! Screw the cartoon graphics, break out the digital camera and tale some shots of REAL tables. For example, check out my pimped out PokerStars Skin!

And THANK YOU for making the SNGs 10 handed!!!!!! 9 Handed SnGs just aren't profitable enough for the time you put in in the long run.

Is it just me or have the tourney buyins been changed so that the rake % is now higher?? I know they've done it so that it looks like a rounded off amount (ie. $9+1 buyin = $10 out of your account), but now instead of 10% rake, you're actually paying a higher %....Looks like the rebuy function needs some work, as it's non existanat in the "rebuy freeroll"....--edit, or at least the "rebuy" button on the left side didn't work...the options box at the top allowed you to rebuy though

My suggestions aren't new ideas, but throwbacks to the old site.-The use of the F(1,2,3) keys during limit games was one of my favorite features.-Shorthanded play needs to be more abundant and easy to find.-I miss seeing how much is in my account at the bottom of the screen.-I need the option to not see the avatars. They bug me and I'd like to tell them to screw.Thanks for listening.MrHurricane

As mentioned the F1-3 action keys where a great feature on ongame and should be implemented on the network. Also, I like to type in my bet amount, and I'd like to do so without using the mouse - the 'bet amount' box should automatically be highlighted. (This works best in combination with F1-3

Is it just me or have the tourney buyins been changed so that the rake % is now higher?? I know they've done it so that it looks like a rounded off amount (ie. $9+1 buyin = $10 out of your account), but now instead of 10% rake, you're actually paying a higher %....Looks like the rebuy function needs some work, as it's non existanat in the "rebuy freeroll"....--edit, or at least the "rebuy" button on the left side didn't work...the options box at the top allowed you to rebuy though
Whoa! WTF??? They definitely bumped the reg fees. The SNGs are fine (except for the $5 tourney where the rake is $1 instead of $0.50, not that I play that level but still). On the MTTs, however, they have increased the rake from 10% of the buyin to 11.1%. That's gonna add up over time.... not the best motivation to stick around.Also, I second the idea that we need to be able to see a quick summary of our bankroll, and the Cashier option needs to be integrated into the program itself, rather than just opening up a browser window.

Is a $9 + $1 the lowest buy-in for any type of tournament? If so, you will loose the small-time recreational players. This one specifically.My bad, just realized there is a sitngo tab and tournament tab. :club: I donked it up. I don't like the $5 + $1 buy-ins. That is twice the fees than the old FCP $5 + $.50 like stated above that will add up over time.

Hi everybody, please post your suggestions and feedback in this thread.
Daniel love the blog and video diary you are by far the best of all the pros for keeping up to date with your blogs I am constantly checking up for new material thanks for the time you put aside for us internet people to get a small glimpse of what a high stakes poker lifestyle is about. Thanks again and best of luck in the future

Well mate, guess I won't be playing Tournements for a bit. Little steep in the price. What happened to me short handed Ts?Basically it will take a bit to get use too playing at the tables. I liked the old anti/ bet structure better then this one. This is too close to Stars.Really wish we could use our own avatars for players though. I was kinda wished that sorry lot would have sunk with ongame.Yo Ho gone to play.

Also, why the hell do registrations for tourneys close 5 mins prior to the event?and, why does it open the webpage every time I log on to the site..is there any way to disable this?

-Website opening upon startup-Registration closing 5minutes prior to tourney? If anything, it should have a 30sec-1min late reg.-Splash screen stays up too long when you close the software-It should dispay your balance on the main screen, or even a built-in cashier instead of going to the website. (those of us with cookies disabled are sick of having to log into a website everytime we want to deposit/withdraw/transfer/check balance.-Are new members supposed to know what "Reset All-In's" is supposed to mean??-Can you change the game type for the tournaments window (under the 'limit' tab) to "NL" instead of "no limit" and so on? Too much text cludders the screen. Keep it simple.-There's a box that says "Tournament will start: when enough players register." This is too vague and doesn't look professional. If it's a 10man sit-n-go, it should say "when 10 players register," and so on.-$18 tourney with a $2 rake seems high.-"Registration Started" should just be "Open" or "Registration Open." IMO, "registration started" just doesn't sound right.I hope none of the suggestions came off as "rude," just structural criticism. I earned my college degree with lots of study in design and organization. I also have designed my own programs in the past where I had to pay close attention to detail and structure so I feel I have an eye for many small things that could be tweaked.If you would like more suggestions, Bob, let me know and I'll spend a few hours going through every part that I can and writing down my opinions. This was just what I did in about 20 minutes.

Hand Histories need to be just like on Party or Full Tilt... easy to read and easily accessible... If a brower opens up the first time I click 'previous hand', I'm going to withdrawal all of my money immediately. j/s.

Cfinn and I were playing at a limit hold'em ring game and we noticed a couple of things that were different and unusual. The game was capping betting at 4 bets like it use to on the old software. Then we noticed all of the sudden that it wasn't capping the betting any longer. Cfinn was the first to act and she raised, when it came back to here there had been 3 other raises and it let her raise again, making the 5th bet.I was told by some of the other players on the network that they did not have the straddle function available to them. If that is the case we shouldn't have it either. Also, my chat box at the table would not allow me to scroll back up. It would occasionally just white out and start over. It made it difficult to keep track of chat or even to see what size pot I was won and by whom.Just some thoughts and concerns.ps. Avatars in empty seats is really annoying and confusing. Gotta let us turn off those avatars.

• No more pop-up browsers when I load up the software
  • If I want to go to cashier through the client, take me there through my default browser, not IE
  • Razz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Change the fees so that we aren't paying massive juice for a tournament. 9+1 is a joke
  • Easily read hand histories stored on my hard drive so that PokerTracker could easily be configured to work with FCP
  • Instant hand history option (if you take care of the last problem, this one will work great for everyone)
  • Buddy lists
  • Lobby chat
  • I want the amount I have down to the penny, not rounded down to the nearest dollar
  • The sounds should not be so...."quaint." The sounds in the client now don't wake me up to the action, more like lull me to sleep.

That's what I got so far. I'm confident if the network and the developers are willing to take the time and put forth the effort to meet our needs, FCP will be incredible.

First of all, congrats to everyone who made this transition possible. I know it had to take a TON of hard work and all of the FCP team behind the scenes are to be commended. Great job you guys! :D:club::D Thats' mainly the crux of what I wanted to say. Any suggestion I was goin to make has already been made, and so far I like everything. It's great to know that the players are getting a chance to be involved as improvements are made too. VERY cool!See you all soon on the tables! :D