Dumping The Blog

Well, I am a no vote for dumping, but you have to do what you have to do. After all, it was good while it lasted, but you don't owe anyone anything. I have always enjoy reading it and this one is exceptional. In fact, I didn't think this was a blog topic but rather a book topic. I truely believe that rather than a strategy book, a book of experiences would be huge. Cops as well as non-cops, love cop stories. Television shows took off like wild fire with random cop stories. I don't see your stories being any different, living on the edge and a half a step from going broke. I love poker and probably play too much, but I would never have the guts to take the risk that you did early on in your career. That is 100% guts. And people love to read about huge risk-takers. Even though you have won millions, I can only imagine a few bad sessions in a very large game would do to that. I would like to know how a player like yourself, who has been fortunate enough to have the success that you have had, secures enough money away, so that you never have to worry about your future and retirement. If you quit this blog, write the book!

I am also a no vote on the dumping the blog. I really enjoy reading the blog. I search for new blogs everyday. This blog is one of the things right with the internet. Honestly, I don't play anywhere near the limits Daniel plays at. I do use the blog as a comparison to how I live my poker life and real life. I don't think I would understand my own swings emotionally and financially without knowing guys like Daniel go through them also. I read this blog and Shannon Shorr's blog. I look forward to them whenever I can read them.I have learned so much through the blog. I hope this was just a mood. Like Daniel has said before, he does not owe the readers anything. That is true, but I hope kind words and support will help change your mind.I have laughed and learned with the blog. I will miss it very much if it were to go away. Daniel is a true inspiration to many and I hope a response like this will help to make a decision much harder. Don't go man.

Helll yeah D, start playing again buddy! We had a whole crew out at Commerce a few weeks back it was SICK good times and VERY good games. Sounds like just what you need right now. Good story in that blog too, as there are/were many who never knew that past and exactly how it went down. Hope you don't give up the blog, but, to be honest, I'm not surprised at all. I'm amazed you've kept doing it for this long.Either way, see ya around the tables man. Thanks for all the good reads.Best always to you and yours. :club:

Your latest blog was the best blog ever. Old school. Respect for the days that paved the way.
Nice and interesting blog to read :)I enjoy hearing stories of your "poker past" and every now and then an off-tale about something personal. Keep up the great work with your blog and maybe just going by instinct instead of forcing yourself to update it might help kill some of the drag you might be feeling.

I just wanna point out DN, your blogs were best when you WERE playing poker. Do what you want man, you earned it. In fact I think your most recent blog understates the accomplishments you've actually made. But you did build a hell of community here. Congrats DN.

Only been a member for a little while but what I have read so far is great. The blog is great and also the the community is great. Some obvious people that dont really like DN here but overall some great people here and I have also got some great info from this site. By the way... off topic. Just watched Season 1 and 2 of HSP and thought it was brilliant. You (DN) and your mate mike at the table crack me up. Anyway keep up the blog and keep up with life.Also... Its great that you speak your mind. Most dont in this world......... :club:

I'm surprised. A lot of people feel exactly as I when I say you should quit the blog. Do what drives you and go back to playing poker. Now, That doesn't mean I dislike the blog, the blog is the very reason I'm a member here. I've read it from the first blog forward and most of the card player articles, great stuff. I am forever greatful for that materal. It eternally made me a better player and person. For all those who haven't, if you want to be a successful poker player go and read the old blogs and card player articles. Thanks DN for the great stories.And if you do decide to stop writing the blog, please leave the written ones up. Or, I seriously think you could make a book out of 'em. That's something you should think about if you indeed call it quits.- My favorite blog (about the leather jackets) "Can I talk to you something?" DN replies, "Yes you can talk to me something."God Bless

I'm pretty sure he's written that he was going to drop the blog before and he's still writing. It seems like Daniel goes through these phases where he just gets tired of all the extra "non-poker" poker stuff. And rightly so, I can only imagine how much time all his extra poker things take up. I remember awhile ago (I think it was shortly after the World Series this past year, but I couldn't find the exact blog) he wrote something about how he could be doing something more worthwhile than writing a blog every couple days or so, like actually playing more poker or playing golf.Just seems like he's getting burned out with the book, and the columns, and the blog. That sounds like a ridiculous amount of writing. Hopefully he gets back into the game soon and decides that he doesn't need to completely drop the blog, because a lot of people really enjoy getting a small glimpse into a lifestyle that most of us probably wish we could experience.

Best blog in a while.I think you need another one of those bets, too. You need to do something crazy. Like Chris Ferguson's 10 000 dollar challenge or something.Anything with goals that are just slightly out of reach that cause you to play ungodly amounts of $1/$2 Razz.

Don't dump the blog - just get that "poker royalty" or whatever that so-called agency is to tell you what to say and what not to say. Whatever fee they take or whatever you pay them is 100% more than what you should be. They should be proofreading everything you do - but obviously aren't. Not a very good agent, if you ask me.Good luck in life - but this decision to quit is long overdue.EDIT: And, btw, I posted regarding the other blog about how I feel DN will quit poker altogether as well and was absolutely ripped apart for saying that. This latest blog is just the beginning. The signs are all there. You can say what you want and keep living with your head in the sand (like most of you did regarding online gambling/poker), but the end of DN in the poker world is near (thank you for that too - now tell hellmuth to follow your footsteps and the world will be a better place!).

I really don't think you should dump the blog Daniel....so many of us love reading everything you have to say. I know I check it everyday almost to see the latest updates...whether it's poker-related or not. When it is about poker, I think you give us such insight and great advice on how to play the 'right' way....that it is absolutely invaluable to us. I think most of us would definitely hate to see that go away. Maybe you can limit your blogs to once a week or something? Maybe just writing less frequently would be better for you? Perhaps you should mostly blog after you've already finished your session at the tables? Just some thoughts.... Keep up the great work DN....you rock!!! :club:

Don't dump the blog. :club: Not the blog.Anything but the blog!Do poker and just the blog quit everything else the paper columns etc.....Please.My life will never be the same again.Seriously.

Do whatever Lori tells you to do
Ha! Men Rule! ..... We run the show! Around this house, I run everything. I run the dishwasher, the vacuum cleaner, the lawnmower, the weed eater, etc. etc. The whole time I am saying "I'm the boss"!Of course, my wife can't hear me with all that loud stuff running.
I'm getting pretty sick of all things related to poker, that don't involve actually playing poker. This blog, the columns, the book writing, the internet forums, it's all getting really old, really fast.In fact, yesterday I was seriously contemplating making some pretty big life changes. As in, dumping the blog, my columns, etc. Not for any other reason than I want to play poker again. Not no limit hold'em, but poker. Stud 8 or better, Omaha 8 or better, Triple Draw, pot limit Omaha, limit hold'em, all the games. It's just way more fun for me and I haven't played in ages.
It's about time! Of course, you are ready to make those changes - think where you were when you made that bet, and where you are now: wife, kids (OK, furry kids but still....), established. You want to play a game and say there is none going? What happens if Daniel Negreanu shows up and sits down at a table? How long until there is a game? What happens if you make it known you are going to be there at this time of day that many days a week? You don't think people will show? I say it's time for a retreat. Take yourself off to some great place....like Devil's Tower Wyoming or any retreat house (Google) that the Catholic Church runs (Don't have to be Catholic), some island someplace by yourself and give yourself a few days to just think, feel and listen to yourself. YES get off these boards, an addictive waste of time. Give up the blog if you wish, but maybe you'd like a place just once in a while to share with the world your poker or life experience, but maybe not. Things don't have to be all or nothing - you can take a break, scale back, and not have to make every big decision in your life all at once. Finish that book, you might find a life of just playing and writing and family and church suits you to a T. Oh. And golf.What do you want your life to look like? What do you want every day to be full of? How much time do want to give to each thing? How many books do you want to read or write, sports do you want to learn, people do you want to help or listen to? What poker, where and when? If you have non-fur kids, where do you want to raise them? What would you like your marriage to be like, and what does your wife think of all this?When you decide what you want your life to look like, just do that. Say no what doesn't resemble that and yes to what does. It isn't so simple, but can be done. Prayin' for ya-

The Daniel Negreanu StoryStarring Tom Hanksforrest_gump.jpg"And then one day for no apparent reason, I started blogging"LvsignB.gif"I blogged all the way to the edge of town and when I got to the edge of town""I decided to blog all the way across the county"ClarkCoSign.JPG"And when I had blogged across the county, I decided to blog across the state"photo_US_AZ_93_20351_3677.jpg"And when I had blogged across the state, I decided to just keep blogging"forrestgump61-b.jpg"So your telling me, you did all this just because you felt like blogging?"forrestgump_200_169192c.jpg"Yeah, ..... and when I needed to sleep, I slept, and when I needed to eat, I ate, and when I needed to...""Well ...... you know, I went"."Then one day.....I just quit blogging, and the FCP forum guys took it real bad"forrest.jpg"Hey where you going? ........ What do we do now?"gump07.jpg"But they did send me this nice poker chip set"."You wanna see?'