Let's All Kill Ourselves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did nobody notice that Favre STUNK for the last 6 weeks of last season? Guess the Vikings missed that stuff. He singlehandedly lost 2-3 games for the Jest in December.

did nobody notice that Favre STUNK for the last 6 weeks of last season? Guess the Vikings missed that stuff. He singlehandedly lost 2-3 games for the Jest in December.
I did. Favre is done and hopefully he will realize that.
You're talking about a team that had GUS FREROTTE as its starter for most of the year.
You're talking about a team that had GUS FREROTTE as its starter for most of the year.
CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT RAT 178 301 2157 59.1 7.17 12 15 73.7 343 522 3472 65.7 6.7 22 22 81.0Frerotte on the top, Favre on the bottom. Favre was a little better but not much (and he tanked late). Favre also had better receivers and a better defense (although not as good a running back obv.) The yards differential is explained by the attempts disparity. Otherwise, you get a little better completion percentage, a little worse yards per attempt and almost equally crappy TD/INT ratios.Favre is through.
CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT RAT 178 301 2157 59.1 7.17 12 15 73.7 343 522 3472 65.7 6.7 22 22 81.0Frerotte on the top, Favre on the bottom. Favre was a little better but not much (and he tanked late). Favre also had better receivers and a better defense (although not as good a running back obv.) The yards differential is explained by the attempts disparity. Otherwise, you get a little better completion percentage, a little worse yards per attempt and almost equally crappy TD/INT ratios.Favre is through.
oh i agree, and as a vikings fan, the last thing i want to see is favre in a vikings uniform.
Hopefully he will not, and he will torpedo Minnesota's season, along with his own legacy.
I forgot you're a bears fan.
59.1% vs. 65.7% is not a little better...it's much better, imo. I agree that Favre was bad late, but he was good early and I would be willing to give him another shot if my other option was Tavaris Jackson.How many people thought Warner was washed up when he went to Arizona? Answer: Almost everyone.I'm not saying that Favre isn't washed up, but I'm just saying I think he's probably still around average or a little above average right now. If he still enjoys playing and wants to make 10 million, I won't fault him.
59.1% vs. 65.7% is not a little better...it's much better, imo. I agree that Favre was bad late, but he was good early and I would be willing to give him another shot if my other option was Tavaris Jackson.How many people thought Warner was washed up when he went to Arizona? Answer: Almost everyone.I'm not saying that Favre isn't washed up, but I'm just saying I think he's probably still around average or a little above average right now. If he still enjoys playing and wants to make 10 million, I won't fault him.
completion percentage is overrated....yards per attempt is a more meaningful stat, imo.besides, you are forgetting Minnesota traded for Sage Rosenfels. He will be the Vikes starter by week 5, book it.
completion percentage is overrated....yards per attempt is a more meaningful stat, imo.besides, you are forgetting Minnesota traded for Sage Rosenfels. He will be the Vikes starter by week 5, book it.
I disagree with you on that, but it's not worth arguing. I 95% agree with you about Sage. The only difference is that I believe he will start week 1. Sage played his ass off for the Texans... he just got super unlucky in the Colts game.

Lol I just heard on Sportscenter that Brett has hired a personal trainer and is working out with a a Mississippi high school team. Lord I reallllllly don't want to hear about him for the next 8 months. :club:

I wouldn't be suprised if he started the season opener...depends on training camp.
I wouldn't be suprised if he started the season opener...depends on training camp.
I keep forgetting that you are a Vikings fan. You sure get around. Live in Toledo, love the Wings, hate the Tigers, love the Indians, don't like the Lions (who really does?) or Cleveland or Cinci, but love the Vikings. You a Cavs fan?
He should start from day one.....but Childress has this unexplainable man-crush on Tavarris Jackson. Jackson is just not accurate enough to play QB in the pros.....not at a high enough level for the Vikes to take the next step anyways. I still think Minny should have gone after Cutler. He would tear it up in a dome with such a good running game to open up play action.
I keep forgetting that you are a Vikings fan. You sure get around. Live in Toledo, love the Wings, hate the Tigers, love the Indians, don't like the Lions (who really does?) or Cleveland or Cinci, but love the Vikings. You a Cavs fan?
heh, don't really care for NBA basketball, but I like the Pistons. I'll only watch the Cavs for Lebron.
He should start from day one.....but Childress has this unexplainable man-crush on Tavarris Jackson. Jackson is just not accurate enough to play QB in the pros.....not at a high enough level for the Vikes to take the next step anyways. I still think Minny should have gone after Cutler. He would tear it up in a dome with such a good running game to open up play action.
Yeah, the price for Cutler was a little steep, but considering a good QB makes us one of the top teams in the NFC (maybe the NFL, though the AFC is super tough,) I'll never understand why we didn't try harder to get him. I read an interesting post on 2+2 SE about this, and I kind of want Favre to come to Minnesota. If he does well, we're big time contenders. If he sucks, Childress gets canned and we get a competent head coach. Win/win imo.
  • 3 weeks later...

AWESOME!!!!!! from yahoo:I'm sure there are a lot of Vikings fans out there who would love to see Brett Favre(notes) put on the purple and yellow, but Fran Tarkenton isn't one of them. If it does eventually happen, you won't see Tarkenton showing up at Favre's door in Minnesota with a freshly-baked apple pie to welcome him.Tarkenton was on 790 the Zone in Atlanta yesterday and talked about the Brett Favre's "I'm retired, wait, no I'm not" bit.“I think it’s despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”Wow. That's a Limbaugh-on-Obama level of hatred right there. And Tarkenton wasn't much more complimentary of Favre as a football player, either.“I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I’ve ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game against the Giants. He’s playing against Eli Manning(notes), I love Eli Manning, but he’s still not a great quarterback. He’s not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady(notes). He’s just a guy. And they’re (Packers) are playing at home, and they’re in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he (Favre) throws the interception that allows them (the Giants) to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career.”

AWESOME!!!!!! from yahoo:I'm sure there are a lot of Vikings fans out there who would love to see Brett Favre(notes) put on the purple and yellow, but Fran Tarkenton isn't one of them. If it does eventually happen, you won't see Tarkenton showing up at Favre's door in Minnesota with a freshly-baked apple pie to welcome him.Tarkenton was on 790 the Zone in Atlanta yesterday and talked about the Brett Favre's "I'm retired, wait, no I'm not" bit.“I think it’s despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”Wow. That's a Limbaugh-on-Obama level of hatred right there. And Tarkenton wasn't much more complimentary of Favre as a football player, either.“I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I’ve ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game against the Giants. He’s playing against Eli Manning(notes), I love Eli Manning, but he’s still not a great quarterback. He’s not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady(notes). He’s just a guy. And they’re (Packers) are playing at home, and they’re in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he (Favre) throws the interception that allows them (the Giants) to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career.”
I agree with every word.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...