• Please log in to reply
3863 replies to this topic

#3861 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,222 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

lol

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#3862 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 15 September 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

lol

The objection of a middle aged white male with strong conservative viewpoints has been noted.

#3863 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostGOCUBSGO, on 15 September 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Except that couldn't be further from the truth. Disney understands that the business model is rapidly changing and that they needed to adapt as more and more people opt to cut the cable cord. ESPN is attempting to reach a younger, more diverse audience while also maintaining the foundation of what made ESPN successful in the first place. And they have been largely successful in those efforts.

When right wing critics complain of liberal bias and political correctness at ESPN, what they are really complaining about is diversity that frightens middle aged white men who don't know how to respond when two black hosts use lingo they don't like or understand. They want the old ESPN filled with white guys who look like and talk just like them.

And when you have a President who refuses to condemn white supremacists and seemingly targets minorities with nearly every major policy, of course a lineup of more diverse hosts are going to speak out against him.

What the right interprets as liberal bias is simply ESPN providing a platform where the opinions of a diverse set of intelligent and socially aware non white hosts matter just as much as the white guys you wish still dominated the airwaves.

I'm going to give you a helpful piece of insight. You are NOT ESPNs target audience anymore.

Viewership may be declining, but it has very little to do with political bias and everything to do with a changing business model.

An excellent article discussing this exact topic.

https://medium.com/f...ive-d4f1b9b2ce0

Except that couldn't be further from the truth. Disney understands that the business
model is rapidly changing and that they needed to adapt as more and more people opt
to cut the cable cord. ESPN is attempting to reach a younger, more diverse audience
while also maintaining the foundation of what made ESPN successful in the first
place. And they have been largely successful in those efforts.

I overcooked my post but they are a drag on Disney and that is not going to change in the near future. Quote
from your article "Declining subscribers, a cable bundle that is falling apart,
expensive deals with the NFL, NBA, and others, that are locked in for years to come,
these are the real problems". Even though I really don't want to get into the
political side, that part has had an effect. How much I do not know.

And yes I am totally aware of them changing things dramatically, read the article long time ago.

When right wing critics complain of liberal bias and political correctness at ESPN,
what they are really complaining about is diversity that frightens middle aged white
men who don't know how to respond when two black hosts use lingo they don't like or
understand. They want the old ESPN filled with white guys who looked like and talked
just like them.

This is just a bunch of BULLS**T

And when you have a President who refuses to condemn white supremacists and
seemingly targets minorities with nearly every major policy, of course a lineup of
more diverse hosts are going to speak out against him.

Really..........He has condemned white supremacists. You know there is nothing he
can say, he will always be attacked. Policies targeting minorities, BULLS**T.
And Jamele Hill tweets were just totally out of line. I am sure the big wigs at the network are not happy about her twitter rant.

What the right interprets as liberal bias is simply ESPN providing a platform where
the opinions of a diverse set of intelligent and socially aware non white hosts
matter just as much as the white guys you wish still dominated the airwaves.

Really.."I WISH", that is the most ignorant thing you have ever posted. I don't do
the WHITE BLACK THING......or any other color.

I'm going to give you a helpful piece of insight. You are NOT ESPNs target audience
anymore.

I will give you a little insight......I do not do cable. I watch some college
football and all the broadcasts of college I graduated from. In fact i am thankful
for ESPN because the put my college on the map big time.

Viewership may be declining, but it has very little to do with political bias and
everything to do with a changing business model.

Agree......even though we do not know the total impact of the political thing.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#3864 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

WATCH: Black Lives Matter Invited On MAGA Rally Stage

https://www.redstate...ga-rally-stage/
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users