My early take on the playoffs:I think any of the 6 NFC Teams could reach the Super Bowl. And if I was handicapping it, I would have the Saints and Vikes near the bottom. Both of them remind of the Giants last year....peaked in November and limped into the playoffs. Teams that limp into the playoffs never do well (although I dont put the Colts in that group).My Super Bowl odds for the NFC:Cowboys: 3-1Packers/Cardinals/Saints: 4-1Vikings: 5-1Eagles: 6-1The AFC is odd. The Jets are really not all that good and yet I would be shocked if they lost to the Bengals. To be fair, the Jets are really good everywhere but QB. Reminds me of the Fiedler Dolphins. The Colts are great but they will start the playoffs not having won a game in weeks. The Chargers are smoking hot and should be the favorite, imo. The Patriots are crippled w/o Welker and that makes the Ravens somewhat dangerous.My Super Bowl odds for the AFC:Chargers: 3-2Colts: 2-1Ravens: 5-1Patriots: 7-1 (downgraded due to Welker and the fact they get SD in the 2nd round if they win and not the Colts who they match up better with)Jets: 8-1Bengals: 35-1 (not a typo)So, I am predicting that the Chargers will beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl (let's call it 34-24). Of course, knowing Tony Romo, this prediction will blow up in my face in 7 days. But I love how the Dallas D is playing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I love how the Dallas D is playing.
There is no denying that Jerry has done well in the draft on the D side. Newman and Jenkins are both going to be very very good.

I was shocked at how bad Philly was, which is probably going to make me overreact to it and pick Dallas to beat them again.I didn't know Welker was hurt. So he's not playing at all? I still don't think Baltimore wins.I can't imagine being less interested in a playoff game than Cincy-NY. I've always thought the opening week of the NFL playoffs to be overrated. Week two is the best week.

I was shocked at how bad Philly was, which is probably going to make me overreact to it and pick Dallas to beat them again.I didn't know Welker was hurt. So he's not playing at all? I still don't think Baltimore wins.I can't imagine being less interested in a playoff game than Cincy-NY. I've always thought the opening week of the NFL playoffs to be overrated. Week two is the best week.
I think he tore his ACL and MCL.

Welker's out, but Brady's made a career on winning in the playoffs with no-name guys, and he does still have Randy Moss and Ben Watson. The problem with the Pats is they can't stop a good passing team, which they will face in the 2nd round. The Jets match up well with everyone because they run the ball very well and have the best defense in the league. Revis can shut down Wayne/Jackson/Moss/Chad Johnson (i refuse to call him ochocinco - it doesnt even translate to 85 in spanish). As long as Sanchez doesn't have to win any games by himself, they might go deep. The Bengals are too beat up to do much this year I think, but they have all the banding together emotional team trauma that can make an average team dangerous. but really, id be shocked if the AFC championship was anything but Colts-Chargers. in the NFC, if my Boys choke it up ill be disappointed, but as long as Philly or Brett Favre doesn't make the Super Bowl (im already tired of hearing about Favre, can you imagine if he makes the SB again?) ill be ok with it. I would put the Cowboys as favs because im a homer but also because were playing the best D in the NFC right now.

My early take on the playoffs:I think any of the 6 NFC Teams could reach the Super Bowl. And if I was handicapping it, I would have the Saints and Vikes near the bottom. Both of them remind of the Giants last year....peaked in November and limped into the playoffs. Teams that limp into the playoffs never do well (although I dont put the Colts in that group).My Super Bowl odds for the NFC:Cowboys: 3-1Packers/Cardinals/Saints: 4-1Vikings: 5-1Eagles: 6-1The AFC is odd. The Jets are really not all that good and yet I would be shocked if they lost to the Bengals. To be fair, the Jets are really good everywhere but QB. Reminds me of the Fiedler Dolphins. The Colts are great but they will start the playoffs not having won a game in weeks. The Chargers are smoking hot and should be the favorite, imo. The Patriots are crippled w/o Welker and that makes the Ravens somewhat dangerous.My Super Bowl odds for the AFC:Chargers: 3-2Colts: 2-1Ravens: 5-1Patriots: 7-1 (downgraded due to Welker and the fact they get SD in the 2nd round if they win and not the Colts who they match up better with)Jets: 8-1Bengals: 35-1 (not a typo)So, I am predicting that the Chargers will beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl (let's call it 34-24). Of course, knowing Tony Romo, this prediction will blow up in my face in 7 days. But I love how the Dallas D is playing.
In the NFC I think this is the order I would put the teams right now:1. Saints2. Vikings3. Packers4. Cowboys 5. Cardinals6. EaglesBut all the teams are good, and if things go just right, could absolutely annihilate all 5 of the other teams on a given day. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals make another run, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas loses soundly to the Eagles next week.In the AFC it will almost certainly be Colts-Chargers. No one else is good. Hell, even the Dolphins almost made the playoffs in the AFC.
Welker was crying like a baby on the sidelines after his injury. It was obvious that he knew it was season ending.

Saturday, January 9New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals — 4:30PM ET (NBC)Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys — 8PM ET (NBC)Sunday, January 10Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots — 1PM ET (CBS)Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals — 4:40PM ET (FOX)So if the Packers and Eagles both win their games, the Packers go to Minnesota in round 2, right? That would be either insanely great or horribly bad.Also, Accuscore says the Colts have the best chance to win the Super Bowl, but notes that in the Super Bowl, they would be even money against the Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, and Packers. The reason the Colts get the nod over the Chargers is due to home field advantage.It's interesting (to me anyway) that in a season where there was serious talk about two undefeated teams, the playoff picture is really wide open.

My op looks really really good so far. Too bad I only bet 100 bucks on each game.Way to show up Patriots, Bengals, and Eagles btw. Worst wild card weekend ever. We deserve a 45-38 OT thriller for the GB/ARZ game.

My op looks really really good so far. Too bad I only bet 100 bucks on each game.Way to show up Patriots, Bengals, and Eagles btw. Worst wild card weekend ever. We deserve a 44-38 OT thriller for the GB/ARZ game.
FYP. It has been an absolutely abysmal wild card weekend but I'm okay with a 31-10, Green Bay win.
FYP. It has been an absolutely abysmal wild card weekend but I'm okay with a 31-10, Green Bay win.
I seriously hate you. I just thought "they don't kick extra points in overtime"; I should go edit my post.TOO LATE.Good eye, sir.I will root for the Pack just to keep the possibility of Favre Bowl III alive.
Well, you got your OT thriller. What a sick feeling.
Seriously, ask and ye shall receive. tough loss.If it makes you feel any better, I went 4 for 4 on the weekend.
My op looks really really good so far. Too bad I only bet 100 bucks on each game.Way to show up Patriots, Bengals, and Eagles btw. Worst wild card weekend ever. We deserve a 45-38 OT thriller for the GB/ARZ game.
Way off, imo.51-45, ldo