why is ak called big slick?

No. A-Hole. Because it is the best drawing hand worthy of limping and getting big money for your trouble.Or someone will correct me
Limp with ak huh? Your moneyEven if your right, i need more.Who coined it? Doyle? Why?

Well, you see, one day years ago Doyle Brunson, Wild Bill Hickok, George Washington, Brett Maverick and of course Dan Harrington were all at the final table of a big tournament. So Washington picks up AK off in the SB, and just calls Maverick in the BB, and when comes over the top, Washington calls and beats Maverick's KQ. Brett says "That was a pretty slick move". Thus the name was born.Or something like that.

No. A-Hole. Because it is the best drawing hand worthy of limping and getting big money for your trouble.Or someone will correct me
Limp with ak huh? Your moneyEven if your right, i need more.Who coined it? Doyle? Why?
The doctor of style Slick from the old WWF coined it back in the mid to late eighties.
why is ak called big slick?Any ideas?Is it cause you can over play it and look like a big di.ck?
Check out this old RGP thread, specifically Mike Caro's posts regarding the definition:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.ga...20c87127510688bPatrick
Oh and slightly off topic, this is by far the biggest list of hand names I've seen:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.ga...76baa685b?hl=enPatrick
The doctor of style Slick from the old WWF coined it back in the mid to late eighties.
Biggest pimp of all time, right behind Sam Jackson.01.jpg
If you know the answer arseface why post the question?  sorry should have added  :?  in the first post
look at this fucking newbie yelling at another newbie.baaaaahahahahha. hilarious

i'm def. not a newbie. and i didn't see an answer coming from you, so i guess youre just as inexpirienced as me. Dou.che bagPS. i think i've played you online, or at least your screen name. Your notes say Fish. lolSorry, should have clarified.... have two names. one was my poker room name, i changed that for cloaking reasons

I had always wondered this myself so I'm glad someone brought it up and I just happened to come across it.. I dont know what is really true since it seems to be getting a bit out of hand now :club: but the oil spill thing is interesting. i'm glad i dont have to call it santa barbara.. sounds weird for some reason. no offense to anyone who lives there, i just mean for the name of a hand. Thanks to everyone who provided info in that good little poker history lesson! :D

So I get that it is named after an oil spill in Santa Barbara, but why in the world would it be? What I mean is... neither the words "Ace" and "King" nor the letters "A" and "K" seem to have any relation to the events in Santa Barbara, which is in California, not Alaska.I would think it would be named after the Exxon spill, which was in Alaska, postal abbreviation AK.

Slick is so pimp he made a big fat white guy the African Dream.
AKEEEEEEEEM!!!!Heh.'Jive sol' bro, Jive sol' bro!'Never was I so crushed, then when the Doctor of Style got religion.
So I get that it is named after an oil spill in Santa Barbara, but why in the world would it be? What I mean is... neither the words "Ace" and "King" nor the letters "A" and "K" seem to have any relation to the events in Santa Barbara, which is in California, not Alaska.I would think it would be named after the Exxon spill, which was in Alaska, postal abbreviation AK.
Except that the term 'big slick' has been around far before the Exxon-Valdez spill in Alaska. As for why Santa Barbara? Not sure... I can't find anything to attribute that to in the RGP archives.Patrick
Except that the term 'big slick' has been around far before the Exxon-Valdez spill in Alaska. As for why Santa Barbara? Not sure... I can't find anything to attribute that to in the RGP archives.Patrick
Maybe the oil spilled in Santa barbara came from Alaska.... :idea: (sw)
i'm def. not a newbie. and i didn't see an answer coming from you, so i guess youre just as inexpirienced as me. Dou.che bagPS. i think i've played you online, or at least your screen name. Your notes say Fish. lolSorry, should have clarified.... have two names. one was my poker room name, i changed that for cloaking reasons
LOL. 1st off idiot. yes u are a newbie.. learn how to fucken swearand 2nd. my poker names are always chimo, or cheemo.. never royal.so shut the fuck up