Florida Marlins 2010 Thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Stanton get many MLB at bats?
I think he is a September call-up. Coghlan is getting as many starts as he can handle. Maybin will be given every opportunity to succeed. And Cody Ross is a solid performed that the club is comfortable with. I dont think Florida's braintrust will want to bring up a 20 year old to be the 4th outfielder.However, if Maybin flames out again or Ross gets hurt, then he might get his chance. He certainly has a bright future. I see no reason to rush him though.

2 of 3 from the Mets. 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Good start. The bullpen is a trainwreck but that was a given. Be awesome if Cantu can hit like this all year....

• 4 weeks later...
sweep-broom.pngcourtesy of the giants.
If you were nicer, we might let you hold our two world series trophies for a bit. Just to see what it is like.
If you were nicer, we might let you hold our two world series trophies for a bit. Just to see what it is like.
asdfjhiouawncweac. i will never know that feeling. :club:
  • 1 month later...

i like the aquarium backstop.This is obviously a very imaginative artist because he/she drew a stadium filled with fans

Aquarium is interesting.Cane, How much do you think the retractable roof will help bring in fans?
My hopes are not high. Miami is a bad sports town outside the Dolphins......and the former Orange Bowl area is a crappy area. Not much nearby. If they also put in a bunch of shops and food options and such.....maybe.My guess if there will be an attendance spike for a couple years and then the novelty wears off and they go back to getting crap support. But the roof can't hurt. The threat of rain in the summer here is brutal.
My hopes are not high. Miami is a bad sports town outside the Dolphins......and the former Orange Bowl area is a crappy area. Not much nearby. If they also put in a bunch of shops and food options and such.....maybe.My guess if there will be an attendance spike for a couple years and then the novelty wears off and they go back to getting crap support. But the roof can't hurt. The threat of rain in the summer here is brutal.
thats gotta feel awesome. warm weather rain. it's usually around 45 here when it rains.back on topic: is the marlins fan base really that bad? Whenever I watch a marlins game its painful to see how little fans go to games.
thats gotta feel awesome. warm weather rain. it's usually around 45 here when it rains.back on topic: is the marlins fan base really that bad? Whenever I watch a marlins game its painful to see how little fans go to games.
yes and no. They always do well on local television ratings. So, people are willing to watch on TV. But Miami has nightmarishly bad public transportation (the metro train does not go to any of the stadiums really (sort of goes near the Heat's arena) or the airport.....I know it's so dumb), bad traffic, so people just dont go to the games. Maybe with the new stadium closer to the hispanic area of Miami things will change. Cubans love baseball so it really should work in theory. But I am a huge skeptic at this point.
yes and no. They always do well on local television ratings. So, people are willing to watch on TV. But Miami has nightmarishly bad public transportation (the metro train does not go to any of the stadiums really (sort of goes near the Heat's arena) or the airport.....I know it's so dumb), bad traffic, so people just dont go to the games. Maybe with the new stadium closer to the hispanic area of Miami things will change. Cubans love baseball so it really should work in theory. But I am a huge skeptic at this point.
wow, that's lame. public transit here in the bay area makes stops to all the stadiums and arenas. i hope it does work out well for the marlins. they already have had great success for a young franchise.

also, im super pissed i cant find a picture and the fact i have to use a dodger pin, but i went to the marlins first ever road games and obv it happened in SF. i believe it was april 13th-15th, 1993. i have 6 pins that are like this, giants not dodgers.

• 1 month later...

Josh Johnson should win the NL Cy Young if the season ended today. Other than that I find the Marlins so boring this year. The owner is just such a shithead. Hard team to root for in a lot of ways.Also, watching Miguel Cabrera finally put it all together in Detroit sucks a lot.

Josh Johnson should win the NL Cy Young if the season ended today. Other than that I find the Marlins so boring this year. The owner is just such a shithead. Hard team to root for in a lot of ways.Also, watching Miguel Cabrera finally put it all together in Detroit sucks a lot.
yeah, that's gotta sting. I remember the Giants signing Dontrell Willis to a minor league deal a few weeks back. boy he fell from grace, fast.
  • 1 month later...
Well, that was fun.
That was quite the old-school clothes-line by Sanchez. Also, Volstad is like 6 foot 8, there are better guys to charge the mound against.